what type of occupation do you have ?!

XII360

sooo, i just got back from jogging, and my feet are rebelling and telling me to skip 10 days of jogging, thats nice

ANYWAYS~!, onto topic ~!, what type of occupation do you have ?!, you dont need to be specific if you dont want to ! (incase you dont wanna tell everyone in the forum's, or generally, a potential stalker you have in the forums ;o)

how hard is the line of work you have chosen ?!, did you want that type of work, are you in it for the money, or is it your calling ?!

as for me, im still a student, a medical technologist student : D, on my last year, i am that of a "senior",  

i heard my line of work, once i graduate, is not the easiest difficulty, if anything, every professor that has teached us, always said that,"the doctor will rely on your result's, so you must not make a single mistake!", but those are just what they always tell us student's, its probably true too, maybe

i didnt mind any type of work, so i was fine with being a scientist, but my best skills would be in computer, as i already know allot about computer and how they work

and i never really cared about money, money will just corrupt your heart >:o, when i was in grade school to highschool, i literally told my father, i want my allowance to only be 20php (thats not even 1$, one USD would be around 55php), and with that amount of cash -- in a year i earned up 800php -- which i bought on steam wallet xD 

what about you ?!, are you <insert everything i wrote above before my story here>

also TLDR; whats your occupation, tell us : D

Just got a new job recently in which I check online for usage of brands and fraud for companies.  This is not what I originally intended to do with having a degree in Accounting, but I don't mind that I've ended up here.  Was doing background screening for two and a half years before this though.  So glad I'm out of that.

• Like 1

My work environment is basically a NOCC (Network Operations Control Center), though it is one with a little more reach than is typical. We have remote sensing equipment scattered all over, some of it billions of miles away, and they all send us data streams in real time. We also transform the data. The incoming data streams get processed, integrated, a copy stored in various databases for future reference, and then outgoing data streams get generated and sent to our various end users all over the world. 
 It's a great job when it isn't trying to make me crazy.  :) 

I’ve been working there for 30 years come November.  Not at the same job of course, but in the same building anyway, and supporting the same activities. My current job title is <TLDR> “data systems engineer”.  One of those jobs where one "gets" to do all the things that aren’t covered by the SOP. (Standard Operating Procedures.. I should also mention that I swim in an acronym sea at work.) I get to vet and apply config files. I get to deal with software/hardware upgrades. Sh..tuff happens in real-time. Wildlife, backhoes, solar flares, vacuum cleaners, plumbing, brush fires, riots… Never a dull moment. I’m usually the one that gets to deal with the anomalies, making sure they’re investigated, documented, and fixes/workarounds developed and applied as required/possible, including updating SOPs and collecting and reprocessing any data that fell on the floor. And the meetings! Ghods I hate the endless meetings!

One part I do enjoy is writing / maintaining software to monitor and control the system(s) my group is responsible for. I've always enjoyed programming.  I’ve got one program that displays the current schedule, another that updates and displays the expected SOE (sequence of events), another that reads the SOE/schedule information and schedules the automation. Some of my software watchdogs the data streams and network connectivity to notify the operators if the data flow stops, and throws up quick diagnostics to hopefully narrow down where the problems are when it does. I have some back-end tools for making sure data gets stored in the databases properly and is accessible. Eventually some of the data gets archived, and the archive metadata itself gets stored in yet another database. I maintain the tools that collect the data, and create and label the archive media. Also the database that stores the metadata so we can find and retrieve the archive media when/if necessary. Finally there’s some SQL report tools for my boss’s weekly metrics reports.
 Always gotta keep the boss happy, right? :D 

• Informative 1

• 5 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

University student. I usually work during summer for a month. mostly measuring something in a circuit and wiriting down the numbers because everyone who works there is too lazy to do that (and it's not really the most intriguing job, but it looks good in your CV when you say that you regularely worked for a tech company). Sometimes, I'm even allowed to do some programming - although, coding might me more correct...

10 hours ago, KeilynLocke said:

Used to be a professional pet sitter, now I am a package handler at one of the major shipping corporations.

Both of those sound fun though if I were going to do one I would honestly go for the package handler. Not that I do not like animals because I do. Just would want more regular income.

12 hours ago, ArchieKun said:

Both of those sound fun though if I were going to do one I would honestly go for the package handler. Not that I do not like animals because I do. Just would want more regular income.

Income is only marginally better. So far I've made like $400 in the two weeks I've been actually working.

7 hours ago, KeilynLocke said:

Income is only marginally better. So far I've made like $400 in the two weeks I've been actually working.

Yah I suppose though honestly what honest income can support anyone these days at least support you in the way you want to live.

• Agree 1

13 hours ago, ArchieKun said:

Yah I suppose though honestly what honest income can support anyone these days at least support you in the way you want to live.

Kinda hard to support myself and a 3 year old on less than a grand a month. That's not even 12 grand a year. Average rent in CO is over $900 a month. It's not a good idea to work for that much for long.

13 hours ago, ArchieKun said:

Kinda hard to support myself and a 3 year old on less than a grand a month. That's not even 12 grand a year. Average rent in CO is over $900 a month. It's not a good idea to work for that much for long.

I'm a year old pharmacist working in the retail setting (hospitals don't pay as much). 

It was a 6-year process (seven 7 years really) and I wish I could change my career. Lol.

It is very demanding and retail always sucks. But I will be changing that soon. 

It isn't all bad, I do love what I do. Just where I work at currently is stressing me out. 

• Like 1
  • Friendly 1

@Persona I'm a pharmacist too, albeit a bit more experienced in the ways of the pharmaworld. Feel free to pm if you want to chat about it or commiserate about the dreadful state of our profession.  Things are looking up for me but I've been where you are now. Not an easy path to walk. 

• Awesome (Sugoi) 1

Back in the day it was Fast Food at a place called Raising Canes, worked there for 4 years before previously quiting back in September when I moved up here to Pittsburgh. Now currently I'm in security (security officer if you will), not so bad I guess so far good pay at the moment. 

On 11/14/2018 at 10:14 PM, Beocat said:

@Persona I'm a pharmacist too, albeit a bit more experienced in the ways of the pharmaworld. Feel free to pm if you want to chat about it or commiserate about the dreadful state of our profession.  Things are looking up for me but I've been where you are now. Not an easy path to walk. 

Oh, my bananas! I am pretty stoked to meet a fellow drug dealer around these parts. Lol. It would be a pleasure to exchange and share our woes and headaches. Thank you so much for your willingness to help me. I will keep that in mind as we become a tad bit familiar with one another. I'm a shy little potato. So I don't like bothering anyone with questions and whatnot (unless it calls for it). 

• Friendly 1
  • Funny 1

On November 15, 2018 at 9:21 PM, Sassy said:

Back in the day it was Fast Food at a place called Raising Canes, worked there for 4 years before previously quiting back in September when I moved up here to Pittsburgh. Now currently I'm in security (security officer if you will), not so bad I guess so far good pay at the moment. 

Hopefully this won't upset you. It's the first thing I think when I hear security.

But seriously, how do you like it? Have you encountered any dangerous situations?

54 minutes ago, Persona said:

Oh, my bananas! I am pretty stoked to meet a fellow drug dealer around these parts. Lol. It would be a pleasure to exchange and share our woes and headaches. Thank you so much for your willingness to help me. I will keep that in mind as we become a tad bit familiar with one another. I'm a shy little potato. So I don't like bothering anyone with questions and whatnot (unless it calls for it). 

"drug dealer", I lol'd.

• Funny 2

12 hours ago, Nono said:

Hopefully this won't upset you. It's the first thing I think when I hear security.

But seriously, how do you like it? Have you encountered any dangerous situations?

"drug dealer", I lol'd.

Haha your ok not upsetting good movie actually. I don't love it but I don't hate it I suppose, it's fifty fifty. I'm a little lonely because it's only yourself on the shift no one else so it kinda sucks in that regard in not interacting with other coworkers. 

• Funny 1

20 minutes ago, Sassy said:

Haha your ok not upsetting good movie actually. I don't love it but I don't hate it I suppose, it's fifty fifty. I'm a little lonely because it's only yourself on the shift no one else so it kinda sucks in that regard in not interacting with other coworkers. 

That's unfortunate. And you probably can't even pass time watching anime with having to stay vigilant and what not.