what type of occupation do you have ?!

XII360

37 minutes ago, HanaApril said:

@ArchieKun Thank you~

All the same though cleaning is a good profession its a god work out, and if you got the gear like gloves to keep hands clean, and sometimes a mask for mouth and bose for respiratory safety it can be a nice workout, and kinda fun. Even more so as you start to make progress and see the house slowly improving, and looking hella dope.

• Like 1

*deep inhale*

Most regularly I work as a cleaner for the Department of Work And Pensions offices but on some of my spare days I am a freelance photographer doing weddings, birthdays, festivals, real estate and more. Other days I work as a session musician, usually working small-time gigs for small time bands, I'm yet to get my big break playing with Foo Fighters or Slipknot but hope springs eternal. Any other part of my spare time is dedicated to my jobs working on the WoX sites (that's a whole other conversation) and also trying to build my own site but overall I spend lotsa time at the gym liftin them weights, getting them sweet gains and fulfilling my destiny as a wrestler.

*L e GaSp*

I do a lot of stuff and love my life :D :3 And in my spare time I, of course, watch lotsa anime

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 1/15/2019 at 9:21 PM, Nono said:

#1?

It's a saying some people have in reference to oneself. Basically looking out for themselves over caring about anyone else. Or feeling that they're more important than people you provide services to the public. Or that retail/customer service jobs are beneath them and the people that work them are basically dumb or just worthless in their eyes. It's just infuriating that people think that the person working a job for a living has no meaning or isn't a worthwhile person to at minimum be courteous to.

• Like 1

On February 23, 2019 at 4:46 PM, BleachKing96 said:

*deep inhale*

Most regularly I work as a cleaner for the Department of Work And Pensions offices but on some of my spare days I am a freelance photographer doing weddings, birthdays, festivals, real estate and more. Other days I work as a session musician, usually working small-time gigs for small time bands, I'm yet to get my big break playing with Foo Fighters or Slipknot but hope springs eternal. Any other part of my spare time is dedicated to my jobs working on the WoX sites (that's a whole other conversation) and also trying to build my own site but overall I spend lotsa time at the gym liftin them weights, getting them sweet gains and fulfilling my destiny as a wrestler.

*L e GaSp*

I do a lot of stuff and love my life :D :3 And in my spare time I, of course, watch lotsa anime

Dang! Hell of a story. Now when you say wrestler, we talkin Monday Night Raw?

On April 15, 2019 at 5:09 AM, KeilynLocke said:

It's a saying some people have in reference to oneself. Basically looking out for themselves over caring about anyone else. Or feeling that they're more important than people you provide services to the public. Or that retail/customer service jobs are beneath them and the people that work them are basically dumb or just worthless in their eyes. It's just infuriating that people think that the person working a job for a living has no meaning or isn't a worthwhile person to at minimum be courteous to.

Ah ok, that's what I figured.

And x2 on everything else. My issue is with people's attitudes. Like if you're working in direct contact with customers, maybe don't be so bitchy. I hate when I go to a restaurant or any type of store and hear the employees cussing. I may look and dress in a way that you wouldn't think I'd care about that, but it really grinds my gears. Plus a negative attitude makes for a really long day.

But, it's easy for me to say since I'm not in direct contact with people. I work in a car shop and the service advisors get the joy of dealing with customers.

Edited by Nono

2 hours ago, Nono said:

And x2 on everything else. My issue is with people's attitudes. Like if you're working in direct contact with customers, maybe don't be so bitchy. I hate when I go to a restaurant or any type of store and here the employees cussing. I may look and dress in a way that you wouldn't think I'd care about that, but it really grinds my gears. Plus a negative attitude makes for a really long day.

But, it's easy for me to say since I'm not in direct contact with people. I work in a car shop and the service advisors get the joy of dealing with customers.

That I understand as well. I'm just really really tired of having to play "happy little robot" when I'm depressed as hell and just have a really difficult time even crawling out of bed and attempting to have a life. I also get judgement from both sides of the coin because I'm transgender and was working in customer service. Being misgendered constantly and being looked at and talk about like I'm some sort of alien masquerading as human is causing severe mental health problems and I can't deal with the idiocy of others, my own identity, and being a parent all at once. So, I quit multiple jobs since last summer that involved being in customer service, but I can't get any other jobs because that's my only job experience. It doesn't help that both the colleges I attended folded like houses of cards. So, being a "happy little robot" because "the customer is always right" is a little beyond my mental capacity for the immediate future.

Sorry for the rant.

Edited by KeilynLocke
forgot a word
  • Like 1

@KeilynLocke

Whoever came up with the phrase "the customer is always right" should get punched in the face.

As far as being mis gendered, this is going to sound extremely ignorant, but I'll still say it cause maybe I am, sometimes it's very difficult to tell.

I just went through this on Saturday. I was getting some shots for my dog and when I payed, the cashier asked me if my info was still the same, I responded "yessir". I noticed she gave me like a split second glare and I immediately thought, "oh shit, it's a girl!" She kept her cool though, and I was super embarrassed. I didn't know how to apologize for that nor did I want to make a big deal out of it, so I just stopped making eye contact, got my receipt and split.

How should I have have handled that?

• Like 1

@Nono

For me it feels like people don't actually look at me before addressing me in such a manner. To them, retail workers are just a part of the scenery of a store. We're only their to do our jobs and do what they need our help for.

As for what your case, it probably wasn't a big deal for her, but that's not the case for everyone. I personally find that when people realize they made a mistake and don't have the manners to apologize a little off putting. To me apologizing for a genuine reason is a great way to smooth over any misunderstandings. But that's just a personal belief. To each their own, as the saying goes.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

I do a lot of various things at my work, I work for an ISP company and lately I have been working on testing a lot of products and apps we have been pairing with Apple for them. My actual title is graphic designer though as I work creating a lot of our ads and on designs for our website.

I also do a lot of work with our "culture club" in our building since we have around 1,200 employees in and out of my building alone daily so we set up activities every month for the employees such as creating new themes, organizing catering parties, and creating fun things for people to do around the office such as this month is "Stress awareness month". We have set up free massages for everyone, "therapy dog" visits - which is basically just a bunch of puppies in the courtyard for people to play with lol-, and various other activities. Which I enjoy when I get to do work with our culture club much more than my actual job title on some days because it's just a lot of fun ^^

• Like 1
  • Awesome (Sugoi) 1

20 hours ago, KeilynLocke said:

As for what your case, it probably wasn't a big deal for her, but that's not the case for everyone. I personally find that when people realize they made a mistake and don't have the manners to apologize a little off putting. To me apologizing for a genuine reason is a great way to smooth over any misunderstandings. But that's just a personal belief. To each their own, as the saying goes.

Well your way of handling those situations is much better than mine, lol.

I probably would have made more of an effort to apologize had it been just me and her, but there was multiple cashiers and multiple people in line, and I just kinda panicked around everyone. You live you learn.

• 4 weeks later...

Customer service representative  at a call center  resolving issues with mobile phones also answering questions the job is nice but stressful at times especially when the call volume is high despite that greatful to have a job 

• 7 months later...