XII360

what type of occupation do you have ?!

For a couple years until just recently, I was a PREA Manager for a correctional facility that functions as an addiction program for guys convicted of felony DUIs. Also had a separate program for other convicts who had other drug addictions.

Now I work in IT in the same company, but at corporate headquarters.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, ArchieKun said:

Accounts payable, or receivable is fun department. Counting money is always a good little ego trip even if its not your own. I don't mean that in a showie way either it really dose make one feel good I am sure at least it did when I did it briefly.

What kind of work did you do briefly?  I just like learning new things.  Looks good on a resume.😎

8 hours ago, Kanamesensei said:

What kind of work did you do briefly?  I just like learning new things.  Looks good on a resume.😎

Currently I work part time at a clothing store doing fright related work. Though I also do computer, and technology consulting on the side as well. That can be anything from building a website to setting up a decent sized network complete with servers. Though most of the time I am honestly just working here on AF.

16 hours ago, ArchieKun said:

Currently I work part time at a clothing store doing fright related work. Though I also do computer, and technology consulting on the side as well. That can be anything from building a website to setting up a decent sized network complete with servers. Though most of the time I am honestly just working here on AF.

Well I think that computer and technology is the way to go.  I am sure it keeps you busy just maintaining this site.  We forget sometimes that forums is just not all fun and games.  I couldn't even do it.  I wish I could have learned what you know.  But I am afraid that my brain decided to take a nap for all eternityO.o

5 hours ago, Kanamesensei said:

Well I think that computer and technology is the way to go.  I am sure it keeps you busy just maintaining this site.  We forget sometimes that forums is just not all fun and games.  I couldn't even do it.  I wish I could have learned what you know.  But I am afraid that my brain decided to take a nap for all eternityO.o

Well for me I love video games and anime equality mostly Japanese type games though I like pretty much anything these days except sports games excluding the Mario sports of course. When it comes to forums I have just always loved working and designing websites. I have a particular interest in working with databases so thats where forums come in. Plus I just think its easier, and more fun then something like a Discord chatroom as you get to know people at a deeper level. Not that you can't get to know someone or a group via Discord I just like it more on forums.

Update; I now am officially the webmaster for the company I work for~

Never thought I would end up doing this, then again I never thought I would investigate sexual harassment and assault either for a living either. 

I have been a Civil engineer for...10 years-ish now, more specifically doing structural analysis and design of short and medium span bridges.

It is a math-intensive job, and it can be stressfull at times knowing that if you screw up you could end up killing some people, but at the end of the day, love what I do :).

I used to be a scientist, but now I am a philosopher. Scientific research was way too time-consuming which was only one of the reasons I now do philosophy. I was lucky that my parents supported me and that I got state funding, and that universities are free here.

Interesting to see that so many people here work in the medical (or related) field.

Edited by Illusion of Terra
  • Like 1

50 minutes ago, Illusion of Terra said:

I used to be a scientist, but now I am a philosopher. Scientific research was way too time-consuming which was only one of the reasons I now do philosophy. I was lucky that my parents supported me and that I got state funding, and that universities are free here.

Interesting to see that so many people here work in the medical (or related) field.

That's great, philosophy is awesome~

It feels like it is a bit under appreciated to me. I wish it was taught at schools rather than only college/university. At least that's how it is where I live.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, SanguineTear said:

That's great, philosophy is awesome~

It feels like it is a bit under appreciated to me. I wish it was taught at schools rather than only college/university. At least that's how it is where I live.

There are some places that teach philosophy at school, but usually it isn't regarded as worthwhile teaching. I had a debate with some people about it, and a colleague made a pretty interesting point. To argue that philosophy isn't worthwhile is already making a philosophical claim.

I get what people mean though, when compared to other fields where the results are directly connected to what you want (for example designing a drug to cure a disease). Philosophical results have more far reaching consequences, kinda like math in a way.

Edit: if you are interested in something particular open a topic and we can debate it :) 

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

@Illusion of Terra

Yeah the reason I would like philosophy being taught more often is it may help people to think for themselves rather than being told what to think and how to feel about it by other people and institutions. I mean yeah not technically as vital as math and other absolutely necessary things but still, it's nice~

Hmmmm I am not sure if there are any topics I am interested in enough to debate, but if I can think of a good one I will let you know~

• Like 2

Meh, I am one of the 3 rotating cooks at our hospital here, and sometimes the baker! I love it! Also I used to be a "juiceologist", but it didn't pay me very much to live on my own, sadly. =( It was interesting though!

@Nono

That's exactly what my work looks like 😂

(how do you tag people? now it worked just by adding the at sign)

• Like 1

It's really nothing fancy and boring to some.. but I'm a housekeeper and organizer. However I do art and some poetry in my spear time as well. 

• Agree 1

On 2/20/2019 at 7:39 AM, HanaApril said:

It's really nothing fancy and boring to some.. but I'm a housekeeper and organizer. However I do art and some poetry in my spear time as well. 

I don't mind cleaning. I love cleaning my apartment though thats probably because one I want a clean home, and also because it is a apartment so it is much smaller than a lot of people's homes.