Jump to content
XII360

what type of occupation do you have ?!

Recommended Posts

20 minutes ago, Sassy said:

Haha your ok not upsetting good movie actually. I don't love it but I don't hate it I suppose, it's fifty fifty. I'm a little lonely because it's only yourself on the shift no one else so it kinda sucks in that regard in not interacting with other coworkers. 

That's unfortunate. And you probably can't even pass time watching anime with having to stay vigilant and what not.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Nono said:

That's unfortunate. And you probably can't even pass time watching anime with having to stay vigilant and what not.

Right excatly in all honesty I'm trying to find a new that'll interact with other people more hopefully. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

A useless human being who can't get a job #parents house for life :(

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Comvex said:

A useless human being who can't get a job #parents house for life :(

Surely you have some skills. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, Comvex said:

A useless human being who can't get a job #parents house for life :(

Trust me I know your feeling. Having worked a lot in the not to distant past. I am sure the right job is out there though. You'll know when you find it. :)

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Kinda off topic, but a being a proper waiter/server is a lost art. I know that's not a career type job, but damn, it seems like the majority of these people are just there to afford vape refills. Very rarely do I get a waiter/waitress that knows how to do the job right, and smile. Smiling is so important. I suppose there might be some blame to put on the abundance of crappy customers, though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/19/2018 at 8:10 PM, Nono said:

Kinda off topic, but a being a proper waiter/server is a lost art. I know that's not a career type job, but damn, it seems like the majority of these people are just there to afford vape refills. Very rarely do I get a waiter/waitress that knows how to do the job right, and smile. Smiling is so important. I suppose there might be some blame to put on the abundance of crappy customers, though.

Yah I won't disagree with this. Only ever at the most expensive restaurants have I ever encountered true 360 level service from wait staff. Though with that said it isn't a easy job, and I have been told that it is rather demanding at times.

  • Agree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm working as a veterinary technician at the moment. I am working on getting into vet school right now. The application opens next May, I'm preparing my essays as I type.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, Chanatell said:

I'm working as a veterinary technician at the moment. I am working on getting into vet school right now. The application opens next May, I'm preparing my essays as I type.

That is such a giving job, and such a hard one I am sure when pets aren't doing well. I admire vets and doctors for what they do as its one of the hardest jobs out there.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Chanatell said:

I'm working as a veterinary technician at the moment. I am working on getting into vet school right now. The application opens next May, I'm preparing my essays as I type.

What is a veterinary technician?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Nono said:

What is a veterinary technician?

Essentially a trained assistant to a veterinarian.  They often do the weighings, triage, sample collection, and so forth to free up the veterinarian's time and help streamline the process.  A good vet is valuable.  One with good vet techs too is priceless. 

  • Like 1
  • Agree 1
  • Informative 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/29/2018 at 6:07 AM, Beocat said:

Essentially a trained assistant to a veterinarian.  They often do the weighings, triage, sample collection, and so forth to free up the veterinarian's time and help streamline the process.  A good vet is valuable.  One with good vet techs too is priceless. 

My friend would love this comment. She's a vet tech at a vet hospital close to my apartment.

Starting a new job, again. This time it's a call center for rent to own homes in Colorado and a credit repair service. I dunno about the pay yet, though just showing up is $14 an hour to start. I think I should've tried staying on as a bus driver. I woulda been making $20 an hour.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, KeilynLocke said:

My friend would love this comment. She's a vet tech at a vet hospital close to my apartment.

Starting a new job, again. This time it's a call center for rent to own homes in Colorado and a credit repair service. I dunno about the pay yet, though just showing up is $14 an hour to start. I think I should've tried staying on as a bus driver. I woulda been making $20 an hour.

Bus driver? For the delivery company?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/29/2018 at 7:07 AM, Beocat said:

Essentially a trained assistant to a veterinarian.  They often do the weighings, triage, sample collection, and so forth to free up the veterinarian's time and help streamline the process.  A good vet is valuable.  One with good vet techs too is priceless. 

So more or less same a a nurse to a regular doctor. A doctor only ever dose much when shit has literally hit the fan, or a operation is needed. I guess thats why they are called technician.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, Nono said:

Bus driver? For the delivery company?

Never drove for that company. I was a driver for First Transit, contracted for RTD in the Denver area. I actually drove transit buses.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, KeilynLocke said:

Never drove for that company. I was a driver for First Transit, contracted for RTD in the Denver area. I actually drove transit buses.

What did you think of working for first transit. I would imagine it could be rather tough, but at the same time a lot of driving gigs pay well too.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/2/2018 at 8:23 PM, ArchieKun said:

What did you think of working for first transit. I would imagine it could be rather tough, but at the same time a lot of driving gigs pay well too.

It wasn't bad until I was always driving through downtown Denver. The people are especially rude as soon as you get close to the Broncos stadium and it stays that way pretty much through the rest of the east part of the Metro here. It was a lot of stress I didn't need, so I had to quit before it got too bad. I loved driving up north through Broomfield, Northglen, Thornton, and Westminster. Especially the route through FlatIrons Crossing. Everyone is nice and never had a bad word to say to me.

  • Skeptical 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, KeilynLocke said:

It wasn't bad until I was always driving through downtown Denver. The people are especially rude as soon as you get close to the Broncos stadium and it stays that way pretty much through the rest of the east part of the Metro here. It was a lot of stress I didn't need, so I had to quit before it got too bad. I loved driving up north through Broomfield, Northglen, Thornton, and Westminster. Especially the route through FlatIrons Crossing. Everyone is nice and never had a bad word to say to me.

Yah I have been to Denver once great for walkers. and bikers not so for drivers. They seemed to be in one hell of a hurl no matter what. Place its in the mountains so that already complicates driving to began with.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, KeilynLocke said:

It wasn't bad until I was always driving through downtown Denver. The people are especially rude as soon as you get close to the Broncos stadium and it stays that way pretty much through the rest of the east part of the Metro here. It was a lot of stress I didn't need, so I had to quit before it got too bad. I loved driving up north through Broomfield, Northglen, Thornton, and Westminster. Especially the route through FlatIrons Crossing. Everyone is nice and never had a bad word to say to me.

I figured the legalization of marijuana would calm everyone down, lol, guess not.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/4/2018 at 8:18 PM, Nono said:

I figured the legalization of marijuana would calm everyone down, lol, guess not.

Honestly, a lot of people do, but it's not really true. Most people are more self-centered than ever before in a lot of areas. Especially just outside of downtown. It's all about looking out for #1 anywhere around the central part of the Denver Metro.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, KeilynLocke said:

Honestly, a lot of people do, but it's not really true. Most people are more self-centered than ever before in a lot of areas. Especially just outside of downtown. It's all about looking out for #1 anywhere around the central part of the Denver Metro.

#1?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I work at a bank in the accounts payable department.  I get to pay the bills😏

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, Kanamesensei said:

I work at a bank in the accounts payable department.  I get to pay the bills😏

How do you like it?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎1‎/‎16‎/‎2019 at 8:25 PM, Nono said:

How do you like it?

I like it.   Been doing it for awhile.  😁

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Kanamesensei said:

I like it.   Been doing it for awhile.  😁

Accounts payable, or receivable is fun department. Counting money is always a good little ego trip even if its not your own. I don't mean that in a showie way either it really dose make one feel good I am sure at least it did when I did it briefly.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Anime Forums

A unique community of fans from around the world, who gather to share their fandom and love of anime, manga, gaming, fanart and at the cornerstone of it all, Japanese culture!

Take a moment to join us today and you'll have access to our member clubs and events too. Come join in the fun and become a part of our community.
insta-1

twit
×
×
  • Create New...