what type of occupation do you have ?!

XII360

7 hours ago, ArchieKun said:

Accounts payable, or receivable is fun department. Counting money is always a good little ego trip even if its not your own. I don't mean that in a showie way either it really dose make one feel good I am sure at least it did when I did it briefly.

What kind of work did you do briefly?  I just like learning new things.  Looks good on a resume.😎

8 hours ago, Kanamesensei said:

What kind of work did you do briefly?  I just like learning new things.  Looks good on a resume.😎

Currently I work part time at a clothing store doing fright related work. Though I also do computer, and technology consulting on the side as well. That can be anything from building a website to setting up a decent sized network complete with servers. Though most of the time I am honestly just working here on AF.

16 hours ago, ArchieKun said:

Currently I work part time at a clothing store doing fright related work. Though I also do computer, and technology consulting on the side as well. That can be anything from building a website to setting up a decent sized network complete with servers. Though most of the time I am honestly just working here on AF.

Well I think that computer and technology is the way to go.  I am sure it keeps you busy just maintaining this site.  We forget sometimes that forums is just not all fun and games.  I couldn't even do it.  I wish I could have learned what you know.  But I am afraid that my brain decided to take a nap for all eternityO.o

5 hours ago, Kanamesensei said:

Well I think that computer and technology is the way to go.  I am sure it keeps you busy just maintaining this site.  We forget sometimes that forums is just not all fun and games.  I couldn't even do it.  I wish I could have learned what you know.  But I am afraid that my brain decided to take a nap for all eternityO.o

Well for me I love video games and anime equality mostly Japanese type games though I like pretty much anything these days except sports games excluding the Mario sports of course. When it comes to forums I have just always loved working and designing websites. I have a particular interest in working with databases so thats where forums come in. Plus I just think its easier, and more fun then something like a Discord chatroom as you get to know people at a deeper level. Not that you can't get to know someone or a group via Discord I just like it more on forums.

I have been a Civil engineer for...10 years-ish now, more specifically doing structural analysis and design of short and medium span bridges.

It is a math-intensive job, and it can be stressfull at times knowing that if you screw up you could end up killing some people, but at the end of the day, love what I do :).

• 2 weeks later...

I used to be a scientist, but now I am a philosopher. Scientific research was way too time-consuming which was only one of the reasons I now do philosophy. I was lucky that my parents supported me and that I got state funding, and that universities are free here.

Interesting to see that so many people here work in the medical (or related) field.

Edited by Illusion of Terra
  • Like 1
  • Love it! (Daisuki) 1

50 minutes ago, Illusion of Terra said:

I used to be a scientist, but now I am a philosopher. Scientific research was way too time-consuming which was only one of the reasons I now do philosophy. I was lucky that my parents supported me and that I got state funding, and that universities are free here.

Interesting to see that so many people here work in the medical (or related) field.

That's great, philosophy is awesome~

It feels like it is a bit under appreciated to me. I wish it was taught at schools rather than only college/university. At least that's how it is where I live.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, SanguineTear said:

That's great, philosophy is awesome~

It feels like it is a bit under appreciated to me. I wish it was taught at schools rather than only college/university. At least that's how it is where I live.

There are some places that teach philosophy at school, but usually it isn't regarded as worthwhile teaching. I had a debate with some people about it, and a colleague made a pretty interesting point. To argue that philosophy isn't worthwhile is already making a philosophical claim.

I get what people mean though, when compared to other fields where the results are directly connected to what you want (for example designing a drug to cure a disease). Philosophical results have more far reaching consequences, kinda like math in a way.

Edit: if you are interested in something particular open a topic and we can debate it :) 

Edited by Illusion of Terra
  • Like 1
  • Agree 1

@Illusion of Terra

Yeah the reason I would like philosophy being taught more often is it may help people to think for themselves rather than being told what to think and how to feel about it by other people and institutions. I mean yeah not technically as vital as math and other absolutely necessary things but still, it's nice~

Hmmmm I am not sure if there are any topics I am interested in enough to debate, but if I can think of a good one I will let you know~

• Like 2

On 2/20/2019 at 7:39 AM, HanaApril said:

It's really nothing fancy and boring to some.. but I'm a housekeeper and organizer. However I do art and some poetry in my spear time as well. 

I don't mind cleaning. I love cleaning my apartment though thats probably because one I want a clean home, and also because it is a apartment so it is much smaller than a lot of people's homes.

9 hours ago, HanaApril said:

@ArchieKun I like or really enjoy cleaning more now than I used to when I was younger. My apartment is sorta about medium size  so it's easy to clean and keep organized, for me at least. 

Yah I think that interest comes into play with age when your a kid you certainly don't care for it it, or do not want to simply because your parents asked. I like to clean, and have considered it as a opinion for work if it were not for one simple issue. The fact that hotel rooms in particular are horrible as noboday treats it like their own so they often trust trash the place, and then move on.

@ArchieKun Yeah that is true and I can admit I can't work due to my anxiety and another reason but maybe possibly in the furtire I could at least volunteer somewhere when I get it in check more and can manage it better. My family says I clean and make the place look really good and organized though when I do it. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, HanaApril said:

@ArchieKun Yeah that is true and I can admit I can't work due to my anxiety and another reason but maybe possibly in the furtire I could at least volunteer somewhere when I get it in check more and can manage it better. My family says I clean and make the place look really good and organized though when I do it. 

I understand anxiety is nothing to fool with gotta go back to wwork only when your ready I have made that mistake before so I completely understand. Though cleaning, and having a clean apartment or house is very good for ones mental health. 

@ArchieKun Well technically I can't work ( I did however try when I was in my early twenties but had to quite due to mistreatment and a break down from it ) and I'm on disability ( they call it ) from my government to get money so I can live off of. Since my anxiety is really not good and another thing I have that would make it hard for me to work. Yes I've heard about that and cleaning does help me a lot to stay productive during the day and also feel accomplished as well. 

• Winner 1

1 hour ago, HanaApril said:

@ArchieKun Well technically I can't work ( I did however try when I was in my early twenties but had to quite due to mistreatment and a break down from it ) and I'm on disability ( they call it ) from my government to get money so I can live off of. Since my anxiety is really not good and another thing I have that would make it hard for me to work. Yes I've heard about that and cleaning does help me a lot to stay productive during the day and also feel accomplished as well. 

No shame there that sort of living is tough trust me I am in a similar boat. I would like to return to work at least part time though if I can find the right gig.

@ArchieKun I can however if I wanted to again work but only part time as well. I'm sorry to hear your sorta in the same boat. I do get down a bit about it every now and then but I know I'm not the only one out there if they cannot work and there is no shame in it. Sometimes people can't and that's okay. I know my life is a lot different than others my age and I'm alright with that and accept it. However when I was a bit more social a few years back people didn't seem to understand me or accept me for not being able to work and some other things, so again it was hard to make friends. 

• Agree 1

2 minutes ago, HanaApril said:

@ArchieKun I can however if I wanted to again work but only part time as well. I'm sorry to hear your sorta in the same boat. I do get down a bit about it every now and then but I know I'm not the only one out there if they cannot work and there is no shame in it. Sometimes people can't and that's okay. I know my life is a lot different than others my age and I'm alright with that and accept it. However when I was a bit more social a few years back people didn't seem to understand me or accept me for not being able to work and some other things, so again it was hard to make friends. 

Very well said @HanaApril

• Friendly 1