New Staff Vacancies

Optic

Hi everyone,

As mentioned in my previous update, my life circumstances have changed significantly to a 4 day on and 2 day off rotating roster of very unsociable hours including overnights due to having to provide 24/7 support for the company I work for. With my current commitments this unfortunately leaves me with very little time to dedicate to AF and give it the attention it really deserves. My free time towards AF is split towards community management and managing the technical side (keeping the platform up to date and ensuring up-time from the web server side of things).

I am therefore looking to step down from the community management side and hand the reins over to the right person. This will allow me to solely focus on managing the technical side of AF.

We have the following staff vacancies available:

• 1x Community Manager
  • 4x Moderator Positions (2x US, 1x Europe, 1x Asia/Oceanic)
  • 1x Anime Page Curator

Detailed role descriptions and applications can be made using this link below:

https://animeforums.net/application/

If there is insufficient interest then I will unfortunately have to look at placing AF on hiatus due to lack of time and capacity from my end, so if you know anyone that is interested please do spread the word.

Thank you for your support.

• Like 4

• Optic pinned this topic

Looks like things are kind of doable. However, there is mention of community guidelines, yet I do not see them around.

Maybe, they are yet to be determined.

I will probably need to step down from the site where I am a mod already, if I am to apply for any position.

Hi @brycec yes the Community Guidelines are still a work in progress since we moved to this platform. You an assume though it's pretty standard stuff: no flaming, no annoying SPAM, no blatant advertising, be considerate of spoilers, etc.

The areas in the guidelines that need work is taking into account the new modules: Clubs and Blogs. Also need to re-evaluate our stance on the Creative Corner in relation to channels as we are still getting a lot of new people trying to advertise there (we'll probably go the route of either banning it altogether and just allowing profile/signature links only OR have a dedicated directory to house them).

I see.

Also, do you have access to a private copy of Invision? I kind of doubt it, due to the way things are setup on their site and how you seem to be testing right on the server, but something are better done on test/dev servers, so it does not break what the users see.

Alright. I might apply for mod when I get enough time.

I think I have most of the skill set needed for community manager, aside from lack of experience with Invision and not being experienced with dealing with events, though I can figure things out quickly, but I will not have the time needed and people like me do best when each person can act independently.

Edited by brycec

8 minutes ago, PrestigeTweeker said:

„By submitting this application you permit us to verify any previous experience stated within your application.“

What does that mean?

Thought I  would try to apply.

well, assuming my english isnt bad (probably is)

it translates too; if you gave any statement that you previously had an experience whatsoever in being a <whichever one you applied before>, its pretty much asking that you gave "them" a valid consent in verifying if such statements are true

dont ask me how "they" can verify it, couse i have absolutely no idea ^_^

1 hour ago, PrestigeTweeker said:

„By submitting this application you permit us to verify any previous experience stated within your application.“

What does that mean?

Thought I  would try to apply.

you tell Optic "ive done such n such and so n so for a forum called AF" so Optic goes to AF to verify this is true which he can as "by submitting this application you permit us to verify any previous experience"

this not only helps verify you've done the job , but are also capable or not and if there has been any issues with you doing the job for optic

on the flip side

its also informing you that well if your working some where that may be unhappy that your looking at this position and they may have a "im not sharing you type of situation" and get their undies out of whack you were prier informed that there could be checks done so you cant get upset at Optic for doing them

Someone asked me a question about the probation period.

The probation period goes both ways, if the role is not what you expected then of course you are  welcome to decline the position.

On 8/5/2018 at 5:35 PM, PrestigeTweeker said:

"By submitting this application you permit us to verify any previous experience stated within your application."

What does that mean?

Everyone else has explained it well, but just to clarify with an example: if you claim you previously worked as a moderator at MyAnimeList Forums for 2 months, then I would check with their staff to verify that. :)

4 hours ago, Optic said:

Someone asked me a question about the probation period.

The probation period goes both ways, if the role is not what you expected then of course you are  welcome to decline the position.

Everyone else has explained it well, but just to clarify with an example: if you claim you previously worked as a moderator at MyAnimeList Forums for 2 months, then I would check with their staff to verify that. :)

What if that community/server/whatever does no longer exist?

If it no longer exists, well I am certain you can find some evidence that it existed in the past - such as other websites or social channels linking to it?

Previous experience is not the only factor when assessing applications.

Of course, relevant, verifiable experience would reflect positively in your application, but the other selection criteria would also be strongly taken into consideration.

• Like 1

I wish you all the best at your new workplace, @Optic. From what i've read above, your work sounds to be very stressful, take care of your health.

To be frank, I think @brycec suits the role of the community manager the most but that's just my personal opinion. 

Edited by Muco
  • Like 1
  • Agree 1
  • Friendly 1

24 minutes ago, Muco said:

To be frank, I think @brycec suits the role of the community manager the most but that's just my personal opinion.

I appreciate the thought @Muco I was kind of confident that I could do it too, but I have things that might take quite a bit of time, especially due to life changes here.

If nobody is interested in taking over for Optic, I can probably give it a shot.

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...

Applications have closed for the Moderator and Anime Page Curator roles.

The Community Manager role is still open for applications for another week.

Thanks to those that have applied so far.

• Like 2

I've put in a detailed app for the Community Manager role.

Thank you for the opportunity as well as consideration. I really like this forum, and already feel very at home here. :)

• Like 2

Sorry for the delay, I will begin reviewing the Moderator and Anime Page applications this weekend.

As it stands, only @ArchieKun has applied for the Community Manager role so far - so if there are other interested candidates please do apply. :)

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Optic said:

Sorry for the delay, I will begin reviewing the Moderator and Anime Page applications this weekend.

As it stands, only @ArchieKun has applied for the Community Manager role so far - so if there are other interested candidates please do apply. :)

huh, i thought @brycec-senpai also applied...then again,

On 8/5/2018 at 3:04 PM, brycec said:

Alright. I might apply for mod when I get enough time.

you did say "might" o_o

@XII360 I kind of hate how things are on this device, so I am doing things this way. I did not apply for any position, due to the situation I alluded to in the thread earlier, not to mention the time ran out.

Archie seems quite reliable for this, from my conversations with him and what I could see and knows his stuff.

I am still willing to give things a shot, but time-wise, as well as skill/knowledge-wise, Archie is a better candidate.

Edited by brycec
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, brycec said:

@XII360 I kind of hate how things are on this device, so I am doing things this way. I did not apply for any position, due to the situation I alluded to in the thread earlier, not to mention the time ran out.

Archie seems quite reliable for this, from my conversations with him and what I could see and knows his stuff.

I am still willing to give things a shot, but time-wise, as well as skill/knowledge-wise, Archie is a better candidate.

Thank you very much Brycec I appreciate it, and for everyone else to.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Optic said:

To be honest, I somehow feel that if I'm selected, it might be because no one else applied for it, just like it might happen with @ArchieKun ≖‿≖

I'm joking.

I hope.

• Funny 1

6 minutes ago, Roxeg said:

To be honest, I somehow feel that if I'm selected, it might be because no one else applied for it, just like it might happen with @ArchieKun ≖‿≖

I'm joking.

I hope.

Well I honestly applied feeling I was right for the role given the situation, and my background. Its something I really would like to do again. :)

Edited by ArchieKun
  • Like 1

• Optic unpinned this topic