Jump to content
  • 0
awesomedude20

THE MOST EXTREME RECOMMENDATION THREAD THERE IS. 2 - ELECTRIC RECOMMENDATION BOOGALOO

Question

Posted (edited)

Quick Links

Awesome List

Naughty List

Current Challenges

 

Ao82l93.png

Notice:

If you do not read the rules, and post something that breaks one of my rules, you will automatically lose a star. Depending on my mood, I may let you off the hook, just know that I rarely tell people that they dun goof'd. I'll tell you now, being polite and fun usually gets you into my good books ZNKa_K6xEKk6o0M-1ajBl62apzwUYb2C3VI1bJm4  

 

General Rules:

These rules technically apply to every mode!

 

So what do you do?

YOU COME TO ME, KNEEL IF YOU SO DESIRE, AND THEN, YOU ASK ME SOMETHING ALONG THE LINES OF:

"OI! GIMME SUMTHIN' GUD!"

And give you something "gud" I shall.

Ah but I'd appreciate it if you give me a link to your anime list! If you don't have one, so be it, but just saying, it'll speed up the process of me finding you an anime if I know what you've seen before ^.^  

Remember though ol' chaps, this is MY say. You won't have any say in what kind of anime you get, you ask me for something, you get what you get!

 

Simple as that <3

 

Oh, but I'm not entirely cruel, I'll give you every right to request the following:

Sub or dub (UNLESS I SAY TO WATCH ONE SPECIFICALLY, this doesn't happen often.)

The length of the anime (I understand some people have less time than others, so if you only have time for 12 episodes, I gotchu.)

 

For the three main modes (Regular, Hardcore, and Insane) you will gain stars by completing the anime that I give you! However you will LOSE stars by dropping the anime before you're allowed to!

What's the fun part? Well I'm sure you saw me mention gaining/losing stars!

WHEN you acquire at LEAST one star your name will be placed on the awesome list, with one star!

The same applies to the naughty list, however that's for people with negative points. If your name is on that list, you will have at least one demerit point, and a large heap of shame.

How do you get rid of demerit points? Get stars! How do you lose stars? Get demerit points. (Don't do that)  

Keep in mind, if you straight-up refuse to watch an anime (for whatever dumb reason) the penalty for "dropping" a show will be doubled.

 

Spooky.

 

Oh, and if you don't update me on whether you're still working away at your challenge within one month of receiving it or previously updating me on your progress, I will consider it a failure, and you will receive appropriate demerit points.

 

To conserve on space:

 

STAAAAR COLOOOOOURS!

 

Soooo what're those?

I used generic RPG rarity scale. Almost.

 

1 star = 1 black star

5 black stars = 1 green star

5 green stars = 1 blue star

5 blue stars = 1 purple star

5 purple stars = 1 orange star

5 orange stars = dayum son.

 

So aim to score high! 

Ah yes, all those nice stars up there? Mind you, the same colour scheme applies to demerit points ('-' )

 

I will reward stars via chunks of episodes.

What do I mean?

1-15 episodes is one chunk. 16-30 is the next chunk. 31-45 is the third chunk, and so on. The actual star values given are explained under each one's actual... explanation ;D

I suppose I'll also allow you to BRIEFLY chat about the show you're watching if you have something you'd like to say. Just be sure to put spoilers in spoiler tags.

Regular Mode!

 

This is the classic mode!

So HOW does THIS mode work?

 

When I give you a recommendation, you watch it! If you complete it you will get your prize!

HOWEVER

If you drop the anime before COMPLETING episode 5... you will LOSE stars equivalent to however many you would have gained if you had completed it!

Of course now you may be thinking "Ay, but what about that moral grey area between after episode 5 and before completion!?"

Well meh, nothing happens if you drop it there, if you didn't like it by episode 5, that's fair AXcxBOBwtroeHZkqM9fsInQej9Qo1QknWjlhdE2H

 

So lets look at the numbers for a moment shall we?

 

Every 1 to 15 episodes will reward you with 1 star. Every 16 to 30 episodes will reward you with 2 stars! This pattern continues onwards.

Which reminds me, you ARE NOT obligated to watch every season of a show that I give to you in this mode, merely the first season. Should you choose to watch any further seasons, I WILL give you stars for them though, and the episode total will simply combine the total of all seasons.

Movies are fair game too! Almost always worth only 1 star though, and regular mode is really the only mode you'll ever get a movie.

Hardcore Mode

 

THIS MODE IS EXTREME!!!

WHY IS IT EXTREME!? BECAUSEYEAH IT'S EXTREME!!!

What's the point of this? Well this is for you brave people out there who want ALLLLLL THE STARS!!!

In THIS mode, you get DOUBLE THE STARS FOR COMPLETING WHAT I GIVE YOU! But that's not all, you also LOSE DOUBLE WHAT YOU WOULD HAVE LOST BY DROPPING IT!!!

Not evil enough? Well I daresay I'm not done here yet, THIS TIME AROUND, YOU AREN'T ALLOWED TO DROP THE ANIME I GIVE YOU! If you drop it between episode 0 and the end, you will LOSE stars! Double the loss of course!

In addition to this however, in order to get your stars, you will need to provide a 250 word MINIMUM review of the show that you got. As long as it's 250 words, you're good to go, just make sure you don't confuse "review" with "plot summary."

The numbers though!

 

Every chunk of episodes will be worth 2 stars! 1-15 is 2 stars, 16-30 is 4 stars, and all that stuff!!

 

Edited by awesomedude20
  • Awesome (Sugoi) 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

28 answers to this question

Recommended Posts

  • 0
Posted (edited)

(Oh look, post merging gave up)

bVvQUJ7.gif

 

WAS HARDCORE NOT HARDCORE ENOUGH!?

 

WELL THIS BETTER BE!

 

SO WHAT'S UP WITH THIS MODE!?

WHAT MAKES IT STAND OUT FROM THE REST?

THIS ONE WILL MAKE YOU CRY.

MUCH LIKE HARDCORE, YOU CAN'T DROP THE ANIME I GIVE YOU.

YOU ALSO CAN'T WATCH ANOTHER ANIME ONCE YOU BEGIN.

BUT HERE'S WHERE THE FUN STARTS!

 

HOW LONG DO YOU HAVE TO WATCH IT?

AS MANY HOURS AS THE SHOW HAS EPISODES.  

The challenge begins as soon as I send it. If you wish, tell me your timezone so that I can properly gauge when you'd actually be awake if I happen to not be around when you first ask.

 

AND THE INFO YOU'VE ALL BEEN WAITING FOR... WHAT HAPPENS IF YOU FAIL!?

 

I'M NOT EXACTLY CREATIVE HERE, YOU'LL LOSE STARS! OR GAIN DEMERITS!

LOTS OF STARS!

PROBABLY MORE DEMERITS!!

PROVE ME WRONG!!!

LOSING HERE ALSO SCREWS OVER YOUR NEXT CHALLENGE! IF YOU COMPLETE A REGULAR CHALLENGE, YOU GET NO STARS FOR IT! IF YOU COMPLETE A HARDCORE, YOU GET REGULAR STARS! AND IF YOU "COMPLETE" "ANOTHER" INSANE, YOU'LL GET HARDCORE STARS!!!

FUN RIGHT!?

NO ESCAPING THE PAIN TRAIN THIS TIME.

BUT WAIT, THERE'S MORE!!!

 

YOU NEED TO POST A REVIEW OF THE ANIME YOU WATCHED! GOOGLE DOCS WORKS PERFECTLY, JUST LINK IT TO ME! THIS REVIEW MUST BE POSTED BEFORE THE WATCH TIMER WINDS DOWN.

ONLY THEN, WILL YOU GET YOUR STARS.

MukbuMv.gif

AKA, FOR EVERY ONE STAR YOU WOULD GAIN, YOU INSTEAD GAIN 4.

Sandbox Mode

 

 

The function of this mode, is quite literally to mix in an older thread of mine that died out. The Anime Dealer thread. Rest in pieces.

 

So what is it?

 

Just think...

Nothin' to it 9xH4ZSlWHoPzHEuNtmeVDFmSF-63kbtJSutNJoTl

You'll never gain stars with this mode, you'll also never lose stars!   

On top of that, I'll let you tell me what sort of thing you want to watch! Of course you're always welcome to let me do the choosing as well!

  

Truly just for if you want an anime and that's it, there are no strings attached dSruot0Pn0Zmm_3jfM-u6P9wjI2ojMEQIwIAaR37

  

You hate it? Drop it!   

You love it? Yippee!

  

There are absolutely no penalties to this mode, it's almost the same as making your own thread asking for an anime, except you'll let just me do the choosing for you! If you want!

Events!

 

This space is as empty as my relationship status on Facebook.

 

Participants:

1.

2.

3.

Consistent Event Rules:

 

You are to give me a spoiler-free review when you finish. It can be in the thread, or DM'd to me. If you do give me spoilers... well I won't do much. You'll probably just upset me (._. )

 

You are allowed to drop your event challenge.

Dropping your challenge will not reward you with your stars.  

 

Every challenge is worth roughly 5x that of a regular challenge. Easier than a regular, more stars than an insane? Cool.

 

As a final note, anybody that is currently partaking in a regular or hardcore challenge is allowed to take a break to do the event. I think that's fair. But not insane though. BECAUSE INSANE. That and they don't last very long, so.

 

 

Edited by awesomedude20
  • Like 1
  • Awesome (Sugoi) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
Posted (edited)

Hey, I am in college so I am very busy; I have not really watched much anime at all in a while. I am currently watching Naruto, Princess principle and Black lagoon. 

That being said I would like to try this, hard-core mode is what I would like, writing a review sounds fun; also if you would, I hate dub so please, please make it sub and also if you could only make it twelve episodes that would be much appreciated; I don't see myself getting around to much more than that, at least not quickly atm. Thanks. :) (Also, no hentai). 

Anime I have watched: One-punch-man, Sword art online, When they cry, Death-note, Full-metal alchemist brotherhood, Re:zero, D-frag, Attack on titan, Avatar: The last air bender, The legend of Korra, Silver-spoon, Another (probably more but I can't remember atm). 

Btw, new Community guidelines are up; you should probably delete the... 

Image result for captain america language gif

Edited by SAO LILDOOP

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
8 hours ago, SAO LILDOOP said:

Hey, I am in college so I am very busy; I have not really watched much anime at all in a while. I am currently watching Naruto, Princess principle and Black lagoon. 

That being said I would like to try this, hard-core mode is what I would like, writing a review sounds fun; also if you would, I hate dub so please, please make it sub and also if you could only make it twelve episodes that would be much appreciated; I don't see myself getting around to much more than that, at least not quickly atm. Thanks. :) (Also, no hentai). 

Anime I have watched: One-punch-man, Sword art online, When they cry, Death-note, Full-metal alchemist brotherhood, Re:zero, D-frag, Attack on titan, Avatar: The last air bender, The legend of Korra, Silver-spoon, Another (probably more but I can't remember atm). 

Btw, new Community guidelines are up; you should probably delete the... 

Image result for captain america language gif

OH, had no clue about the language thing, thanks for letting me know. I'll change that asap. Anyhoo, here ya go!



YOU HAVE BEEN FORCED INTO:

Flip Flappers

(From the creators of Princess Principal)

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
8 hours ago, awesomedude20 said:

OH, had no clue about the language thing, thanks for letting me know. I'll change that asap. Anyhoo, here ya go!



YOU HAVE BEEN FORCED INTO:

Flip Flappers

(From the creators of Princess Principal)

 

Alright, nice recommendation! Excited to get into it. :) 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
33 minutes ago, SAO LILDOOP said:

Alright, nice recommendation! Excited to get into it. :) 

Enjoy ^.^

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
2 minutes ago, Greeneyes said:

Wow way to much going on for me

TLDR:

Ask for a challenge out of regular, hardcore, insane, or sandbox, and you get a random anime from me. Depending on the mode you get more or less stars upon completion of the anime, and if you fail the challenge you lose an equal amount of stars that you would have earned. Positive stars = Your name on the awesome list with your star count next to your name, the opposite is true for the naughty list and negative stars.

Easy XD

Obviously, there's details in the actual post.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0

Can i choose more than 1 at a time if so I choose hard, insane and sandbocx.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
8 minutes ago, Greeneyes said:

Can i choose more than 1 at a time if so I choose hard, insane and sandbocx.

Ehh, I'd rather one at a time, just for the sake of keeping track of stuff XD

I'd be careful about Insane btw, it's far from easy lol, I find a lot of people underestimate it ;D

Edit: Well sandbox I don't really care since I don't record those anyways, if you want extra stuff in sandbox, go for it

Edited by awesomedude20

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
3 minutes ago, awesomedude20 said:

Ehh, I'd rather one at a time, just for the sake of keeping track of stuff XD

I'd be careful about Insane btw, it's far from easy lol, I find a lot of people underestimate it ;D

Edit: Well sandbox I don't really care since I don't record those anyways, if you want extra stuff in sandbox, go for it

Well I took a shot to read it but there wasnt really a solid explanation at the beginning of waht this is so i couldnt pay much attention do you have like a 2 sentence explanation of what this is?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
6 minutes ago, Greeneyes said:

Well I took a shot to read it but there wasnt really a solid explanation at the beginning of waht this is so i couldnt pay much attention do you have like a 2 sentence explanation of what this is?

I suppose.

Sandbox Mode: No stars at all, can't lose anything, no strings attached, NOTHING. Just free recommendations.

Regular Mode: You get a show and you have to watch the first 5 episodes before you're allowed to drop it. You'll earn/lose 1 star per chunk of 15 episodes. (1 star for 1 to 15 episodes, 2 stars for 16 to 30 episodes, and so on) Dropping it won't earn you stars.

Hardcore Mode: You can't drop the show given in this mode, and you must supply a MINIMUM 250 word review, just DM it to me or whatever. You'll earn/lose 2 stars per chunk of 15 episodes.

Insane Mode: You can't drop the show given in this mode, and you only have as many hours as there are episodes to complete it. 12 episodes = 12 hours, and so on. You also must DM me an "impressive" review of an undefined length. Best do your best to make it nice. You gain/lose 4 stars per chunk of 15 episodes, but if you fail, you'll have a penalty put onto your next challenge. This penalty lowers the amount of stars you'd earn by one challenge level. Hardcore would get regular stars, for example. Failing a penalty challenge won't remove the penalty.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
1 hour ago, Kohloo said:

@awesomedude20 I'd love to try the Regular Mode. Sub or Dub is fine. I prefer shorter series (around 12 episodes), if possible.

This is my list! My Anime List - ColuSeven

Awesome, welcome ^.^



YOU HAVE BEEN GIVEN:

Mardock Scramble

(It's a movie trilogy, winds up being around 10 episodes long.)

  • Awesome (Sugoi) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
7 hours ago, awesomedude20 said:

I suppose.

Sandbox Mode: No stars at all, can't lose anything, no strings attached, NOTHING. Just free recommendations.

Regular Mode: You get a show and you have to watch the first 5 episodes before you're allowed to drop it. You'll earn/lose 1 star per chunk of 15 episodes. (1 star for 1 to 15 episodes, 2 stars for 16 to 30 episodes, and so on) Dropping it won't earn you stars.

Hardcore Mode: You can't drop the show given in this mode, and you must supply a MINIMUM 250 word review, just DM it to me or whatever. You'll earn/lose 2 stars per chunk of 15 episodes.

Insane Mode: You can't drop the show given in this mode, and you only have as many hours as there are episodes to complete it. 12 episodes = 12 hours, and so on. You also must DM me an "impressive" review of an undefined length. Best do your best to make it nice. You gain/lose 4 stars per chunk of 15 episodes, but if you fail, you'll have a penalty put onto your next challenge. This penalty lowers the amount of stars you'd earn by one challenge level. Hardcore would get regular stars, for example. Failing a penalty challenge won't remove the penalty.

Insane. anything less would be an insult mate but ur logic is weird u say explained it in a way almost eevry show you give will have 20+ eps but whatever bring it

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
8 minutes ago, Greeneyes said:

Insane. anything less would be an insult mate but ur logic is weird u say explained it in a way almost eevry show you give will have 20+ eps but whatever bring it

I mean I might give out longer ones but not guaranteed or anything.

Here goes.

YOU HAVE BEEN DOOMED TO WATCH:

Kyousou Giga

 (The 10 episode version, and just the 10 episode version. Skip all the OVAs and episode 0, it's an OVA that gets put there for some reason, and spoils the show really badly. You have 10 hours to complete it.)

Edited by awesomedude20

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0

oh i see waht you mean by 10 hours now hmm anime or school.... its 1 am for me

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
1 minute ago, Greeneyes said:

oh i see waht you mean by 10 hours now hmm anime or school.... its 1 am for me

Ah, so there was a misunderstanding on the rules. Hence why I warned about insane LOL

Due to it being a misunderstanding, I'll do you a favour and move it to hardcore if you'd like.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0

no bro

insane is what i chose insane and ima do it, school is secondaary

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
Just now, Greeneyes said:

no bro

insane is what i chose insane and ima do it, school is secondaary

I admire your dedication ;)

Best of luck, your challenge will count as complete the instant you get that review to me :P

DM it, toss it in here in a spoiler, link a google doc, whatever you wanna do lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0

Yea so I gave up an hour in due to school assignments and schedual so instead of the normal penalty i want a double hardcore penalty because I am gonna try the insane again but this time not try it at 1 am on a monday school night so in about 14 hours im a check AF to see whats waht...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
3 hours ago, Greeneyes said:

Yea so I gave up an hour in due to school assignments and schedual so instead of the normal penalty i want a double hardcore penalty because I am gonna try the insane again but this time not try it at 1 am on a monday school night so in about 14 hours im a check AF to see whats waht...

Well I mean, now that you've actually got into the thing I can't really change the penalty or whatnot, regardless of intent for another insane.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0

I watched the first movie of Mardock Scramble tonight. I went into blind, without looking anything up beforehand. Wow, I had no idea what I was in for...

Can't wait to watch the next one!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
1 hour ago, Kohloo said:

I watched the first movie of Mardock Scramble tonight. I went into blind, without looking anything up beforehand. Wow, I had no idea what I was in for...

Can't wait to watch the next one!

Yeah it's quite the series ;D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0

I'd like some anime with the following genres: school, demons/vampires/youkai, comedy, action, etc. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Similar Content

    • By awesomedude20
      Second season of Overlord.
    • By awesomedude20
      The final hour of the popular virtual reality game Yggdrasil has come. However, Momonga, a powerful wizard and master of the dark guild Ainz Ooal Gown, decides to spend his last few moments in the game as the servers begin to shut down. To his surprise, despite the clock having struck midnight, Momonga is still fully conscious as his character and, moreover, the non-player characters appear to have developed personalities of their own!

      Confronted with this abnormal situation, Momonga commands his loyal servants to help him investigate and take control of this new world, with the hopes of figuring out what has caused this development and if there may be others in the same predicament.

      [Written by MAL Rewrite]
    • By awesomedude20
      After being trapped in the world of Elder Tale for six months, Shiroe and the other Adventurers have begun to get the hang of things in their new environment. The Adventurers are starting to gain the trust of the People of the Land, and Akiba has flourished thanks to the law and order established by Shiroe's Round Table Alliance, regaining its everyday liveliness. Despite this success, however, the Alliance faces a new crisis: they are running out of funds to govern Akiba, and spies from the Minami district have infiltrated the city.

      As formidable forces rise in other districts, there is also a need to discover more about the vast new world they are trapped in—leading Shiroe to decide that the time has come to venture outside the city. Accompanied by his friend Naotsugu and the Sage of Mirror Lake Regan, the calculative Shiroe makes his move, hoping to unravel new possibilities and eventually find a way home.

      [Written by MAL Rewrite]
    • By awesomedude20
      In the blink of an eye, thirty thousand bewildered Japanese gamers are whisked from their everyday lives into the world of the popular MMORPG, Elder Tale, after the game's latest update—unable to log out. Among them is the socially awkward college student Shiroe, whose confusion and shock lasts only a moment as, a veteran of the game, he immediately sets out to explore the limits of his new reality.

      Shiroe must learn to live in this new world, leading others and negotiating with the NPC "natives" in order to bring stability to the virtual city of Akihabara. He is joined by his unfortunate friend Naotsugu, having logged in for the first time in years only to find himself trapped, and Akatsuki, a petite but fierce assassin who labels Shiroe as her master. A tale of fantasy, adventure, and politics, Log Horizon explores the elements of gaming through the eyes of a master strategist who attempts to make the best of a puzzling situation.

      [Written by MAL Rewrite]
    • By awesomedude20
      The peaceful days turn out to be short-lived as the shadow of another Selector Battle looms large. Kiyoi Mizushima is the first to notice that things are amiss, and she makes her move to put an end to the cycle of darkness.The Battle this time includes a new card, "Key," and has been set up with rules different than before. With both the mastermind and their motive shrouded in mystery, the darkness grows ever deeper and more menacing. Suzuko Homura, Chinatsu Morishita, Hanna Mikage, Ruuko Kominato, Yuzuki Kurebayashi, Hitoe Uemura, and Akira Aoi, the Selectors gather once again.

      (Source: ANN)
Anime Forums is where fans from around the world can gather to discuss anime and Japanese culture!  All anime fans are welcome. Take a moment to join us now!
×