THE MOST EXTREME RECOMMENDATION THREAD THERE IS. 2 - ELECTRIC RECOMMENDATION BOOGALOO

awesomedude20

Question

Quick Links

Awesome List

Naughty List

Current Challenges

Ao82l93.png

Notice:

If you do not read the rules, and post something that breaks one of my rules, you will automatically lose a star. Depending on my mood, I may let you off the hook, just know that I rarely tell people that they dun goof'd. I'll tell you now, being polite and fun usually gets you into my good books ZNKa_K6xEKk6o0M-1ajBl62apzwUYb2C3VI1bJm4  

General Rules:

These rules technically apply to every mode!

So what do you do?

YOU COME TO ME, KNEEL IF YOU SO DESIRE, AND THEN, YOU ASK ME SOMETHING ALONG THE LINES OF:

"OI! GIMME SUMTHIN' GUD!"

And give you something "gud" I shall.

Ah but I'd appreciate it if you give me a link to your anime list! If you don't have one, so be it, but just saying, it'll speed up the process of me finding you an anime if I know what you've seen before ^.^  

Remember though ol' chaps, this is MY say. You won't have any say in what kind of anime you get, you ask me for something, you get what you get!

Simple as that <3

Oh, but I'm not entirely cruel, I'll give you every right to request the following:

Sub or dub (UNLESS I SAY TO WATCH ONE SPECIFICALLY, this doesn't happen often.)

The length of the anime (I understand some people have less time than others, so if you only have time for 12 episodes, I gotchu.)

For the three main modes (Regular, Hardcore, and Insane) you will gain stars by completing the anime that I give you! However you will LOSE stars by dropping the anime before you're allowed to!

What's the fun part? Well I'm sure you saw me mention gaining/losing stars!

WHEN you acquire at LEAST one star your name will be placed on the awesome list, with one star!

The same applies to the naughty list, however that's for people with negative points. If your name is on that list, you will have at least one demerit point, and a large heap of shame.

How do you get rid of demerit points? Get stars! How do you lose stars? Get demerit points. (Don't do that)  

Keep in mind, if you straight-up refuse to watch an anime (for whatever dumb reason) the penalty for "dropping" a show will be doubled.

Spooky.

Oh, and if you don't update me on whether you're still working away at your challenge within one month of receiving it or previously updating me on your progress, I will consider it a failure, and you will receive appropriate demerit points.

To conserve on space:

STAAAAR COLOOOOOURS!

Soooo what're those?

I used generic RPG rarity scale. Almost.

1 star = 1 black star

5 black stars = 1 green star

5 green stars = 1 blue star

5 blue stars = 1 purple star

5 purple stars = 1 orange star

5 orange stars = dayum son.

So aim to score high! 

Ah yes, all those nice stars up there? Mind you, the same colour scheme applies to demerit points ('-' )

I will reward stars via chunks of episodes.

What do I mean?

1-15 episodes is one chunk. 16-30 is the next chunk. 31-45 is the third chunk, and so on. The actual star values given are explained under each one's actual... explanation ;D

I suppose I'll also allow you to BRIEFLY chat about the show you're watching if you have something you'd like to say. Just be sure to put spoilers in spoiler tags.

Regular Mode!

This is the classic mode!

So HOW does THIS mode work?

When I give you a recommendation, you watch it! If you complete it you will get your prize!

HOWEVER

If you drop the anime before COMPLETING episode 5... you will LOSE stars equivalent to however many you would have gained if you had completed it!

Of course now you may be thinking "Ay, but what about that moral grey area between after episode 5 and before completion!?"

Well meh, nothing happens if you drop it there, if you didn't like it by episode 5, that's fair AXcxBOBwtroeHZkqM9fsInQej9Qo1QknWjlhdE2H

So lets look at the numbers for a moment shall we?

Every 1 to 15 episodes will reward you with 1 star. Every 16 to 30 episodes will reward you with 2 stars! This pattern continues onwards.

Which reminds me, you ARE NOT obligated to watch every season of a show that I give to you in this mode, merely the first season. Should you choose to watch any further seasons, I WILL give you stars for them though, and the episode total will simply combine the total of all seasons.

Movies are fair game too! Almost always worth only 1 star though, and regular mode is really the only mode you'll ever get a movie.

Hardcore Mode

THIS MODE IS EXTREME!!!

WHY IS IT EXTREME!? BECAUSEYEAH IT'S EXTREME!!!

What's the point of this? Well this is for you brave people out there who want ALLLLLL THE STARS!!!

In THIS mode, you get DOUBLE THE STARS FOR COMPLETING WHAT I GIVE YOU! But that's not all, you also LOSE DOUBLE WHAT YOU WOULD HAVE LOST BY DROPPING IT!!!

Not evil enough? Well I daresay I'm not done here yet, THIS TIME AROUND, YOU AREN'T ALLOWED TO DROP THE ANIME I GIVE YOU! If you drop it between episode 0 and the end, you will LOSE stars! Double the loss of course!

In addition to this however, in order to get your stars, you will need to provide a 250 word MINIMUM review of the show that you got. As long as it's 250 words, you're good to go, just make sure you don't confuse "review" with "plot summary."

The numbers though!

Every chunk of episodes will be worth 2 stars! 1-15 is 2 stars, 16-30 is 4 stars, and all that stuff!!

Edited by awesomedude20
  • Awesome (Sugoi) 2

17 minutes ago, Drewan said:

I'd like some anime with the following genres: school, demons/vampires/youkai, comedy, action, etc. 

I suggest reading all the rules and stuff of the thread first.

If you wish to partake in the game portion of the thread then you get no say in the anime you get, however if you'd like to do sandbox mode, then I can do the genres you asked for.

11 minutes ago, awesomedude20 said:

I suggest reading all the rules and stuff of the thread first.

If you wish to partake in the game portion of the thread then you get no say in the anime you get, however if you'd like to do sandbox mode, then I can do the genres you asked for.

Oh, I thought it's a simple topic where we could suggest each other anime based on the genres given. I am on phone, it's kinda hard to read there rules now, but I will when I get to my laptop. Thank you for the information. 

• Like 1