Does guilty crown have a future ?

Olofmeister

• 3 weeks later...

Hrmm, it's been over 6 years and still nothing. I wouldn't get your hopes, but who knows? I wasn't really a fan so it's kinda whatever to me, but it being an anime original over an adaptation of some sort doesn't help it since it's not from some other source material.

Yeah, it's unlikely. The manga finished in 2013, and it's been completely dormant as a series since. It was decently popular, but got some fairly negative responses, especially to the second half.

Reboots normally only go to the really big and well known series like Sailor Moon, Hunter x Hunter, or Gatchaman (which was a really popular 70s superhero anime). Guilty Crown doesn't really fit those shoes. A Certain Magical Index is getting a 3rd season in the autumn, but that's a massive light novel series which is still ongoing, so they can basically guarantee that it will sell. Again, Guilty crown doesn't have that.

Basically the only thing still going for Guilty Crown is the band EGOIST, who a bunch of songs for the anime and use Inori as a mascot character. They've pretty much moved on now though.

Edited by the_twig