What Game Was That?

Beocat

What Game Was That?

In this game, you will be tasked with identifying a video game by a picture or screenshot posted by a challenger.  To make things more interesting, the first correct answer will be awarded a predetermined (in the post with the screenshot) amount of points, donated to them by the poster (you can donate points via hovering over an individual's profile picture and clicking on the "donate points" option.  Note:  You can only donate points that you already have.).  However, individuals who offer incorrect guesses will be required to donate a predetermined amount of points back to the member with the challenge as well.  Since multiple pictures might be posted by various members, please direct all guesses to the appropriate member via the @xxxxxxxxx method to prevent confusion.

Additionally, all pictures must be posted with a minimal descriptor of "PC, handheld, or console".  Point ranges for correct answers may be between 300 and 1000 points.  Point ranges for incorrect answers may be between 100 and 500 points. 

----

For my challenge: 

20180804_134545.thumb.jpg.a00e25d08069e0afd524157aeb182ba1.jpg

Console

Award for first correct answer:  500 points

Penalty for incorrect answers:  100 points

Best of luck.  I have fond memories of this particular video game.

6 hours ago, Beocat said:

What Game Was That?

In this game, you will be tasked with identifying a video game by a picture or screenshot posted by a challenger.  To make things more interesting, the first correct answer will be awarded a predetermined (in the post with the screenshot) amount of points, donated to them by the poster (you can donate points via hovering over an individual's profile picture and clicking on the "donate points" option.  Note:  You can only donate points that you already have.).  However, individuals who offer incorrect guesses will be required to donate a predetermined amount of points back to the member with the challenge as well.  Since multiple pictures might be posted by various members, please direct all guesses to the appropriate member via the @xxxxxxxxx method to prevent confusion.

Additionally, all pictures must be posted with a minimal descriptor of "PC, handheld, or console".  Point ranges for correct answers may be between 300 and 1000 points.  Point ranges for incorrect answers may be between 100 and 500 points. 

----

For my challenge: 

20180804_134545.thumb.jpg.a00e25d08069e0afd524157aeb182ba1.jpg

Console

Award for first correct answer:  500 points

Penalty for incorrect answers:  100 points

Best of luck.  I have fond memories of this particular video game.

@Beocat so i wont lie, i refrained from commenting until i remembered it -- but i cant remember the game

im 100% sure its a ps1 game though (or a gameboy, the graphics look so familiar to me..)

im gonna go with harvest moon series, its a gut feeling, but im probably wrong xD

random opinion alert: "also, i feel its gonna be too hard to guess the game if the only clue is, what console it was on, so im gonna give the genre too"

my challenge:

Console; RPG (if its too hard, i can give more hints xD)

sad.jpg

edit: also guys make sure its non-image reverse searchable, or your gonna lose fast, had to edit mines so it wouldnt be easy xD

Edited by XII360

@XII360  Your gut was correct!  But your 100% certainty was not...   It was Harvest Moon 64, from the Nintendo 64 console, a game that I played for hours upon hours in my youth (and named all my farmers the same name and married Ann every time lol...).  Well done ^_^  I will be donating the 500 points to your profile as soon as this is posted.  By the way, how many points are you donating (or penalizing) for that game up there you posted?  I'm sure I have the console right...  The name will probably come to me after I've had lunch lol.

• Funny 1

4 minutes ago, Beocat said:

@XII360  Your gut was correct!  But your 100% certainty was not...   It was Harvest Moon 64, from the Nintendo 64 console, a game that I played for hours upon hours in my youth (and named all my farmers the same name and married Ann every time lol...).  Well done ^_^  I will be donating the 500 points to your profile as soon as this is posted.  By the way, how many points are you donating (or penalizing) for that game up there you posted?  I'm sure I have the console right...  The name will probably come to me after I've had lunch lol.

dont you love how, your gut feeling was right (it was the hat, the hat kept reminding me of two things, one was digimon world 2, the other was harvest moon series xD)

but your certainty was incorrect >.>

same as your's, 500 points for right

...and i guess 50 for penalty of getting it wrong ?! (or no penalty, its cool xD)

@XII360  It's the Suikoden series on the PlayStation (maybe Suikoden II?).  My gut isscreaming that series too but I had a critical error on my first Suikoden disk so I never actually finished the series.  Didn't make it too far at all really before it glitched out.   That being said, it makes me think Suikoden.

Hmm...  I'll have to think about my next picture to post...

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Beocat said:

@XII360  It's the Suikoden series on the PlayStation (maybe Suikoden II?).  My gut isscreaming that series too but I had a critical error on my first Suikoden disk so I never actually finished the series.  Didn't make it too far at all really before it glitched out.   That being said, it makes me think Suikoden.

Hmm...  I'll have to think about my next picture to post...

ding ding dinggg, correct~ suikoden II, one of the best games i ever played on the PS1, already sent the 500 back xD

same, gonna think up of a harder-nostalgic game image to post, but one that isnt too hard ?

...probably once i get back from school tomorrow, for now i sleep~!

• Awesome (Sugoi) 1

Okay, my next challenge....  This is an unforgettable character of that game...anyone who has played through this game will know this one immediately.

sunflower2.jpg.8ab5ec6805648462d25a3d0d3afb1edb.jpg

Console

Again, 500 points to the first correct answer.

For each incorrect answer, you must donate 200 points to the challenger.

10 hours ago, Beocat said:

Okay, my next challenge....  This is an unforgettable character of that game...anyone who has played through this game will know this one immediately.

sunflower2.jpg.8ab5ec6805648462d25a3d0d3afb1edb.jpg

Console

Again, 500 points to the first correct answer.

For each incorrect answer, you must donate 200 points to the challenger.

That's obviously Conker's Bad Fur Day. 

13 hours ago, PrestigeTweeker said:

@PrestigeTweeker 

all i see is monika

just monika

(DDLC)

love how, when you reverse search this mosaic image, it still shows as ddlc though, >.>, just goes to show how famous ddlc is,

if you havent red it yet, read it guys~!

hqdefault.jpg.3e9abf7ea9b13e3927e716ff07ef45c5.jpg

Console; Rpg again

prize: 500

incorrect answer: 1x50 sent to my bank account

@Beocat your image is reverse-searchable so i wont bother answering xD

Edited by XII360

• 8 months later...
On 8/6/2018 at 1:58 AM, XII360 said:

@PrestigeTweeker 

all i see is monika

just monika

(DDLC)

love how, when you reverse search this mosaic image, it still shows as ddlc though, >.>, just goes to show how famous ddlc is,

if you havent red it yet, read it guys~!

hqdefault.jpg.3e9abf7ea9b13e3927e716ff07ef45c5.jpg

Console; Rpg again

prize: 500

incorrect answer: 1x50 sent to my bank account

This girl looks so familiar!!!!! I’m going to remember her eventually.

What game is this?

RPG Console

Prize 500 Points, because you’re awesome.

Penalty: 100 Points

FCE806B1-EB30-49E2-AE1B-6162064EDE88.jpeg

18 hours ago, Seshi said:

This girl looks so familiar!!!!! I’m going to remember her eventually.

What game is this?

RPG Console

Prize 500 Points, because you’re awesome.

Penalty: 100 Points

FCE806B1-EB30-49E2-AE1B-6162064EDE88.jpeg

i wanna say digimon world 3, but the first one looks like a final fantasy character..

im going to have to guess, FF7 ?!, never played it, but 7 is the best final fantasy that's old >.>

also a hint on the image i gave: the first 3 letters are A-L-U~_~_~_~_~ ~2~ xD

• 2 months later...