Introducing my introduction, sorta

leinwandname

I am Crocus, keeper of the Twin Capes Lighthouses, 71 years old, Gemini, Bloodtype AB - wait, wrong.

My screen name is leinwandname which means screen name because its my screen name - hence the name leinwandname :P. That's not my real name, AFAIK, but I'm weary of putting my real name on some internet forum. I watch most anime genre (Harem, Ecchi, etc. are off-putting for me, not because I inherently dislike them but I think they're often done poorly, IMO . I mean, I loved any kind of fan service when I was younger, and still do to some extend :D) but I prefer especially visually pleasing anime like the monogatari series and also pretentious stuff like SEL or Ergo Proxy :P

I'm still looking around how active this forum is and how everything works :D Hope I can find some nice people and maybe have a few discussion about these and those anime-things!

• Like 1

Welcome to the forums, Lein! We are a friendly group and we love discussing stuff too so you found the right place. I agree that most ecchi and harems are poorly done...I typically avoid them myself.  I hope you enjoy talking with us and the forums :)

14 hours ago, leinwandname said:

I am Crocus, keeper of the Twin Capes Lighthouses, 71 years old, Gemini, Bloodtype AB - wait, wrong.

My screen name is leinwandname which means screen name because its my screen name - hence the name leinwandname :P. That's not my real name, AFAIK, but I'm weary of putting my real name on some internet forum. I watch most anime genre (Harem, Ecchi, etc. are off-putting for me, not because I inherently dislike them but I think they're often done poorly, IMO . I mean, I loved any kind of fan service when I was younger, and still do to some extend :D) but I prefer especially visually pleasing anime like the monogatari series and also pretentious stuff like SEL or Ergo Proxy :P

I'm still looking around how active this forum is and how everything works :D Hope I can find some nice people and maybe have a few discussion about these and those anime-things!

ah, the legendary crocus, keeper of the twin capes of lighthouses, we meet at last, i am GREMNAS, KEEPER OF QUADRA CAPES, DARKHOU--

jesus christ im not gonna do it, it felt racist >.>

hello screen name, mines, xii360, it came from me liking kingdom hearts -- organization 13, but my dumbass kid self though XII meant 13, and thus i got stuck with XII (12) and the 360...i was thinking of xbox 360 at the time, and so thats where 360 came from 

the perks is, no one uses this username, so i dont experience whole "this username is already in use" bullcrap >.>

also, no need to hide it crocus-kun, we all know crocus, keeper of the twin capes lighthouses is your real name, 

im sure you wont have any troubles finding nice people to talk to on the forum's, literally everyone i met so far has been.....nice

sooo, its...."nice" to meet you 

Welcome to the forums, Lein! We are a friendly group and we love discussing stuff too so you found the right place. I agree that most ecchi and harems are poorly done...I typically avoid them myself.  I hope you enjoy talking with us and the forums

Thank you, I'll look around!

hello screen name, mines, xii360, it came from me liking kingdom hearts -- organization 13, but my dumbass kid self though XII meant 13, and thus i got stuck with XII (12) and the 360...i was thinking of xbox 360 at the time, and so thats where 360 came from  

Latin numbers - classsic problem >.< Problem with my user names are either they are too long (like mine here - unfortunately) or are german (again...), so it's harder for english speakers. But the great thing about leinwandname is, lein looks like lain XD and its a nice short form that anyone can pronounce.

also, no need to hide it crocus-kun, we all know crocus, keeper of the twin capes lighthouses is your real name, 

Dang it, i've been found it.

sooo, its...."nice" to meet you 

Thanks!

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, leinwandname said:

Latin numbers - classsic problem >.< Problem with my user names are either they are too long (like mine here - unfortunately) or are german (again...), so it's harder for english speakers. But the great thing about leinwandname is, lein looks like lain XD and its a nice short form that anyone can pronounce.

to be fair, i was but a wii-lass back then, and i didnt study as i study currently >.>

i do stu-die tho...its an overly-used pun <.>

and true, the name is long and tongue twistery, thus, i shall dub thee, the nickname; NEIN LEIN-TAN !

...couse i have no idea if you're female or male, so a "tan" is a safe bet on gender <.> putting my money on male tho'

to be fair, i was but a wii-lass back then, and i didnt study as i study currently >.>

i do stu-die tho...its an overly-used pun <.>

and true, the name is long and tongue twistery, thus, i shall dub thee, the nickname; NEIN LEIN-TAN !

...couse i have no idea if you're female or male, so a "tan" is a safe bet on gender <.> putting my money on male tho'

A wii lass? Unfortunately we cannot talk anymore, for the wii is a console only villains, the most wretched breed, go for.

jk ^.^

NeinNeinNein-tan!  Alternatively, Lein-senseisenpaisamma or the triple s. XD  How much money ya bet?

• Funny 1

6 minutes ago, leinwandname said:

A wii lass? Unfortunately we cannot talk anymore, for the wii is a console only villains, the most wretched breed, go for.

jk ^.^

NeinNeinNein-tan!  Alternatively, Lein-senseisenpaisamma or the triple s. XD  How much money ya bet?

i-i, i activate my trap card, "the eyes cant see more than 30fps"...!

lein-sama-chan-tan-cham-kun-senpai-...sensei ? i-im okay with this i have .50cents, a gum, and a dead fly, probably

i-i, i activate my trap card, "the eyes cant see more than 30fps"...!

lein-sama-chan-tan-cham-kun-senpai-...sensei ? i-im okay with this i have .50cents, a gum, and a dead fly, probably

Heh, my PC is so bad - well my GPU at least - I can run most newer games only on 25-40 FPS... the only reason, apart from the nintendo and PSP era Monster Hunter games, that I still play on my old hand-helds. (And I love the old RPGs like BG, TES which my GPU can handle)

Doesn't matter - ya won the bet >.>

• Informative 1

Just now, leinwandname said:

Heh, my PC is so bad - well my GPU at least - I can run most newer games only on 25-40 FPS... the only reason, apart from the nintendo and PSP era Monster Hunter games, that I still play on my old hand-helds. (And I love the old RPGs like BG, TES which my GPU can handle)

Doesn't matter - ya won the bet >.>

atleast you can run most of the new games !...i probably can too, since i did upgrade my videocard recently...not my CPU tho', 

my cpu that of an ancient trashy era -- one of which is probably forgotten in todays era..!, thank god it hasnt broken yet, i dont wanna waste so much cash getting new one <.>

and i mean, old games are good, like, alundra, suikoden, digimon world 2/3, man, those rpg games were the best (notice how they are all PS1 titles)

WOHOOO !, you just got ripped out of .50cents, a gum, and a dead fly, sucker !

• Informative 1

atleast you can run most of the new games !...i probably can too, since i did upgrade my videocard recently...not my CPU tho',  

my cpu that of an ancient trashy era -- one of which is probably forgotten in todays era..!, thank god it hasnt broken yet, i dont wanna waste so much cash getting new one <.>

and i mean, old games are good, like, alundra, suikoden, digimon world 2/3, man, those rpg games were the best (notice how they are all PS1 titles)

WOHOOO !, you just got ripped out of .50cents, a gum, and a dead fly, sucker !

I should clarify that I consider games released 3-4 years ago as new games too(Well, new games compared to the most games I play ...). I probably can't run the newest BF game or COD or whatever... I can run Witcher III on low to decent graphics, for example. Although some areas are laggy.

I know the problem with not wanting to waste money on new PC stuff... need to save some money - not like I have no money but I tend to be on the more cautious side when it comes to buying expensive stuff.

I actually never had a PS1 so I don't know most of the games. My first concole was the PS2 and my first hand-held was the Nintendo DS (my first Pokémon game was Platinum - shocker, I know!). And I didn't even have many games, most were DBZ and Naruto games like Ultimate Ninja that I could play with my brother for hours and days.

Dang it, how am I supposed to srvive know?!

• Like 1

Just now, leinwandname said:

I should clarify that I consider games released 3-4 years ago as new games too(Well, new games compared to the most games I play ...). I probably can't run the newest BF game or COD or whatever... I can run Witcher III on low to decent graphics, for example. Although some areas are laggy.

I actually never had a PS1 so I don't know most of the games. My first concole was the PS2 and my first hand-held was the Nintendo DS (my first Pokémon game was Platinum - shocker, I know!). And I didn't even have many games, most were DBZ and Naruto games like Ultimate Ninja that I could play with my brother for hours and days.

Dang it, how am I supposed to srvive know?!

i tend to categorize new games as old, when their price is cut by half -- like say, GTA V, i find it old-ish now, i mean, its price is half now on steam, i could get it...or i could wait for steam sale to further get a bigger discount...or i could..go..even..FURTHER <"kakachindaze.ost">  and this is the form of me not getting it at all and saving all my money >: D

but yea, my pc can probably run most games, wont be 60fps, wont have much lag -- but there should be some lag ?

my console was ps1>gameboy>ps2>xbox360>psp>ps3>3ds>psvita, and thats where the line ends, i still have the vita and 3ds and ps3, but they sure are gathering dust; (couse i mean, my phone is more of my console now, than my actual consoles >.>)

my first game...i-icant remember them, but i tend to play allot of RPG-styled games, before (still do, prefer rpg-anime themed, over action based like COD,BF, etc)

im sure i played ultimate ninja with my brother before -- on xbox, i was part of the "ring of death" incidence, what a waste of 10k php ._.

I know the problem with not wanting to waste money on new PC stuff... need to save some money - not like I have no money but I tend to be on the more cautious side when it comes to buying expensive stuff.

this ^, just this ^

cant feel safe, if theres no money in the wallet/bank after all so i also tend to not waste money on anything at all >.>...

better start learning how to carry thing's, AF is a brutal place for the poor, mwahahaha 

my console was ps1>gameboy>ps2>xbox360>psp>ps3>3ds>psvita, and thats where the line ends, i still have the vita and 3ds and ps3, but they sure are gathering dust; (couse i mean, my phone is more of my console now, than my actual consoles >.>)

my first game...i-icant remember them, but i tend to play allot of RPG-styled games, before (still do, prefer rpg-anime themed, over action based like COD,BF, etc)

Hmm, mine was: ps2>NintendoDs (my brother's but I think I played more with it than he did)>ps3>psp>3ds  I have all of my consoles but I only use the 3ds for Fire Emblem and MH. My phone is for me more a means to listen to music, communicate and sometimes watching YT-videos when lying in bed. I used to play a lot on my phone but my PC relieved it from its duties >.>

My first game experience was with Stronghold Crusader, probably the reason why I like strategy games today. But yeah, I mainly play RPG, Grand-Strategy and one or two shooters (but very rarely). These very action-driven shooters like COD and BF interested me when I was younger but not really these days - the few shooters I have are more of tactical shooters or in a very specific historical setting.

cant feel safe, if theres no money in the wallet/bank after all so i also tend to not waste money on anything at all >.>..

Exactly! The only thing I regularely spend money on are new books but besides that ... not really anything expensive,  maybe one under 10 Euros game on steam sale... May need the money eventually, especially since I'm probably moving soon and living on my own - I have the vague idea that I might need some money for that plus some -a lot- extra in case something happens >.<

• Winner 1

15 minutes ago, leinwandname said:

Hmm, mine was: ps2>NintendoDs (my brother's but I think I played more with it than he did)>ps3>psp>3ds  I have all of my consoles but I only use the 3ds for Fire Emblem and MH. My phone is for me more a means to listen to music, communicate and sometimes watching YT-videos when lying in bed. I used to play a lot on my phone but my PC relieved it from its duties >.>

so i wont lie to you, the only reason i even got a 3ds, was for FE series; im more of a sony fan boy than nintendo, but is fire emblem one of the best games ever made >.>

and the new fire emblem looks...sexy, im not saying i might get a switch, but if i ever get one, itll be couse of the new fire emblem >_>

...muh wallet tho' >.<

my phones mainly for same uses, but most of the time its games, i just have too many games in it that must be played, and since its online-oriented, i cant skip a day x.x

after all, i just recently got kyutihime lancer~ and i am happi~, all i need is illya, and ill rate FGO as mobile game ever made

and if i dont get her...FGO sucks >.>

and also, phone is more convinient to bring with me, on school, i cant bring my consoles to school, itll be confiscated, and itll take space, phone though, slap it on my nintendo bag thats stuck on my small bag, and rev up some musics and games when its break time (i have no idea, why i still have a nintendo bag, to be honest)

My first game experience was with Stronghold Crusader, probably the reason why I like strategy games today. But yeah, I mainly play RPG, Grand-Strategy and one or two shooters (but very rarely). These very action-driven shooters like COD and BF interested me when I was younger but not really these days - the few shooters I have are more of tactical shooters or in a very specific historical setting.

stronghold crusaders, ah, my brother played that, but i never got into it, i was too focused on the rpg game's i was playing at the time, (since i cant stop playing them, if i stopped and came back after a week, id forget what i was doing <.>)

ever heard of time crisis ?, if you did, you get my sylvie-high seal ! (which i have no idea what it signifies), it was one of the shooter games my brother played, and also me, but i wasn't that good at it...my way of holding the controller was...not right for shooters back then >.>

Exactly! The only thing I regularely spend money on are new books but besides that ... not really anything expensive,  maybe one under 10 Euros game on steam sale... May need the money eventually, especially since I'm probably moving soon and living on my own - I have the vague idea that I might need some money for that plus some -a lot- extra in case something happens >.<

yea, im still living with my parents, but i have a general idea of how hard it is to be living alone, after all, only you will do everything that you're parents have done,

this includes cooking, washing clothing, paying bills, etc..etc, so having a few(lots) of extra cash is a must, to avoid panic-modes, and to not end up eating ramen for a week, or worse...BREAD

tho' bread and cheese with tea is lowkey neat to eat, calms the mind and invigorates your bowel movements, -- would totally not recommend doing that when you're gonna go outside >.>

also, my highest spend ?, last steam sale, i spend 2k php (around 32 eur, for 5 games..!), and my allowance per month is like, 82eur's >.>,

needless to say, i barely bought myself food in school when i bought those steam games worth 32eur's, it was a starving time, (i only ate back at home ;o)

but totally worth it ! >.<

• Informative 1

so i wont lie to you, the only reason i even got a 3ds, was for FE series; im more of a sony fan boy than nintendo, but is fire emblem one of the best games ever made >.>

and the new fire emblem looks...sexy, im not saying i might get a switch, but if i ever get one, itll be couse of the new fire emblem >_>

I honestly didn't like Fates and Echoes. Awakening was great and pretty much all the games prior (haven't played the ones for Wii and WiiU), I played through all of them on my phone with an emulator when I was in school - great times <.< My reason for a 3ds were the MH games, but then I though "Wait, aren't there FE games for ds?!" and then I got all of them.

my phones mainly for same uses, but most of the time its games, i just have too many games in it that must be played, and since its online-oriented, i cant skip a day x.x

after all, i just recently got kyutihime lancer~ and i am happi~, all i need is illya, and ill rate FGO as mobile game ever made

and if i dont get her...FGO sucks >.>

and also, phone is more convinient to bring with me, on school, i cant bring my consoles to school, itll be confiscated, and itll take space, phone though, slap it on my nintendo bag thats stuck on my small bag, and rev up some musics and games when its break time (i have no idea, why i still have a nintendo bag, to be honest)

I used to play games on my phone when I was in school, especially retro games, but I never got into mobile-online games. Now, I usually have a book with me which I read or browse the interent when I'm somewhere and bored.

ver heard of time crisis ?, if you did, you get my sylvie-high seal ! (which i have no idea what it signifies), it was one of the shooter games my brother played, and also me, but i wasn't that good at it...my way of holding the controller was...not right for shooters back then >.>

I have heard of the games and played the TC 4 at a friends place for a few minutes but I don't know much about them apart from that.

yea, im still living with my parents, but i have a general idea of how hard it is to be living alone, after all, only you will do everything that you're parents have done,

this includes cooking, washing clothing, paying bills, etc..etc, so having a few(lots) of extra cash is a must, to avoid panic-modes, and to not end up eating ramen for a week, or worse...BREAD

I like bread - although I wouldn't eat it on its own, of course you need to put something on the bread >.< But yes, living on your own is probably not nice at first when you start to realize that you actually have to do stuff

4 minutes ago, leinwandname said:

I honestly didn't like Fates and Echoes. Awakening was great and pretty much all the games prior (haven't played the ones for Wii and WiiU), I played through all of them on my phone with an emulator when I was in school - great times <.< My reason for a 3ds were the MH games, but then I though "Wait, aren't there FE games for ds?!" and then I got all of them.

haven't played echoes couse again, schooooool is loveeeee (sarcasmn), i would have MH'ed, but...its best play with a friend...and wellll...spoiler alert !

i have no friends

I used to play games on my phone when I was in school, especially retro games, but I never got into mobile-online games. Now, I usually have a book with me which I read or browse the interent when I'm somewhere and bored.

the only games i play on my phone, are; FEH (fire emblem heroes), FGO (fate grand/order), alchemist code, BanG dream, girls band party (rhythm game, acronym, BD), and SMT, Dx2

thats allot of games amirite, fun fact, i mostly play FEH/FGO/BD, i only log in on alchemist code and dx2, for login bonuses, but their both fun too, dx2 is pretty much shin megami on phone, and alchemist code...for collabs >.>

I have heard of the games and played the TC 4 at a friends place for a few minutes but I don't know much about them apart from that.

as name suggest's, its a time and you're in crisis, and you have to shoot people becouse...i dont know really >.>, i forgot the story...if it even had a story ?!, it was a fun shooter at the time though,

I like bread - although I wouldn't eat it on its own, of course you need to put something on the bread >.< But yes, living on your own is probably not nice at first when you start to realize that you actually have to do stuff

dont worry, worse comes to worse, you can always, maybe, just maybe, call mom, maybe,

she will either ignore you, or she will help you, one thing's for sure,

she might laugh at you if you do it <.>

haven't played echoes couse again, schooooool is loveeeee (sarcasmn), i would have MH'ed, but...its best play with a friend...and wellll...spoiler alert !

The only MH I played with a friend was MHU, the other I did solo. The ones for 3ds support online gaming which is surprsingly fun!

dont worry, worse comes to worse, you can always, maybe, just maybe, call mom, maybe,

she will either ignore you, or she will help you, one thing's for sure,

Aye, seen a lot of drama in this regard when my borther moved. >.>

• Like 1

Hi leinwandname!

I just joined recently too! Everyone seems really nice here and it has great discussions. I've been a fan of Serial Experiments Lain for sometime. I haven't rewatched it in quite a while (since the DVD collection came out) but I'll have to put at on my list. I thought the story was unique for the genre, and it's one of those series where you really need to check it out more then once to understand the themes, and ending especially. The intro song Duvet by Boa is awesome!

I just joined recently too! Everyone seems really nice here and it has great discussions. I've been a fan of Serial Experiments Lain for sometime. I haven't rewatched it in quite a while (since the DVD collection came out) but I'll have to put at on my list. I thought the story was unique for the genre, and it's one of those series where you really need to check it out more then once to understand the themes, and ending especially. The intro song Duvet by Boa is awesome!

Agree, its not a sit down and watch series and the ambiguity is one appeal of show. And I find it interesting that a show made in '98 managed to thematize internet (and modern technology taking place in every day lives) and the associated risk of it so well ... and the show even predicted something like Anonymous. My favorite verson of Duvet is the Cyberia Remix from Boa's Tall Snake EP (The entire EP -or heir albums in general- are pretty good, if you like the genre)

Hi there! Welcome to the forums~ ^^

Thank you! You managed to post in the very same moment I posted my previous message >.<

But I have the feeling that the servers can withstand the straints of having to save one respond message more than necessary

• Like 1

3 hours ago, leinwandname said:

Thank you! You managed to post in the very same moment I posted my previous message >.<

But I have the feeling that the servers can withstand the straints of having to save one respond message more than necessary

Well well, look at that haha ^^ 

I certainly hope so! Sad day when a server can't do this T^T