Grand Blue

Mazino

Did anyone get his hands on Grand Blue? Have you ever seen comedy and if you did, what do you regard as a good comedy show? 

Recently there's been many discussions on-going on other forums e.g blogs relating this show, I sorta felt the urge to post a dicussion thread here. I initially started to watch it due to the Free! vibe, though the show is focusing on another aspect of the water world which is deep diving but i've seen so far only a little about the "diving" which is this anime all about and the sole focus was primarily set on the comedy parts. Whether it's good or not has everyone to decide for themselves.

tenor.gif?itemid=12162369

I will leave a MAL link here for those who haven't seen the show yet.  

Edited by Muco

3 hours ago, Muco said:

Did anyone get his hands on Grand Blue? Have you ever seen comedy and if you do, what do you regard as a good comedy show? 

Recently there's been many discussions on-going on other forums e.g blogs relating this show, I sorta felt the urge to post a dicussion thread here. I initially started to watch it due to the Free! vibe, though the show is focusing on another aspect of the water world which is deep diving but i've seen so far only a little about the "diving" which is this anime all about and the sole focus was primarily set on the comedy parts. Whether it's good or not has everyone to decide for themselves.

tenor.gif?itemid=12162369

I will leave a MAL link here for those who haven't seen the show yet.  

nope, havent seen it, but i saw its review on youtube, and its generally, allota fanservice for the females audience, and lots of comeydey (comedy)

i would be surprised, if someone posted they haven't seen comedy, to be honest, couse i would press the "Y U LYIN'.meme.jpg" card, i mean theres allot of comedy released before grand blue (i swear, i keep thinking of the game grand blue whenever i hear it <.>), i mean theres yakuindomo seitokai, konosuba,

(havent seen the next one's im gonna say) daily lives of highschool boys, and "sakamoto desu ka?" (haven't you heard ?, im sakamoto)

but off to answering the question~!, yes i've seen comedy (whoa, what a surprise <.>)  comedy shows generally, are up my alley, as they make me giggle like a highschool girl being flirted by my kohai

which, i dont know the feel, but lets roll with it~

if it focuses on the comedy, rather than fujoshi-styled outlook, then ill probably give it a try, (unless, that fujoshi-style is part of the comedy, im all for it, just dont go too deep man) i mean, comedy's are always fun to watch, so why not

...after i watch the other anime's that i haven't watched

......after im not being dragged by school

The anime adaptation is doing an okay job so far from what I've seen. If you enjoy reading manga even just little, I suggest you read the manga for Grand Blue. The show has been skipping a lot of good jokes, which means they skip a lot the set ups for future gags,  and has an issue of getting the timing wrong for a lot of the gags so far. The manga is one of the funniest series I've seen or read in a while.

That's my two cents on it for now, but you all can decide to decide whether or not to read it or not. I will admit that I really like the opening for it though.