Alt's -- do you use one ?

XII360

soo, i still say this whole auto suggestion on "similar" title is wierd, or is it just me ?

but anyway's ~! of to the topic~! todays topic: ALTERNATIVES~! yaaaay "pachi pachi"

Alt-Your-Name.jpg.8216d361a1d083de36bfe30e356f13b3.jpg

so i thought up of this title; mainly couse i went and scrolled down a bit on AF-forums, and saw on the birthday list, having a "wedgy-sama" name in there, im 75% sure that, thats an alt of....@AniMeFReaK-chan~! theres no one else but her~

but cutting the joke around and going serious on the topic; do you use an Alt account ?, do you use it on forums, games, steam, and...etc...etc, ?

what are you're thoughts on people that use Alt's ?

as for me~ on the gaming side; i, actually dont use alts, the only time i used alt was my time when i was playing on an online game, on byond -- from a game called bleach las noches, you cant make more characters there, and there are allot of classes in there, and on my main i only got a shikai which was ikkaku's, thus i couldn't recieve any other guy's techniques, and in time i made like 2 alts, to test out other races/skills in the game, but i still used that main, and my god did i grind alot (it was a very grindy game) (the other two classes were; quincy, and inoue, quincy was broken at the time, and i found it quiet hacked, but fun when i saw the 3 arrow animation, inoue; couse no one wanted to be a healer on the server, <.>, i mean there was a few, but the ratio was around 5;100 (inoue ; other races))

aside from that, i never really used alts, i found it to be a waste of precious time, i mean id rather focus and make my one guy powerful, rather than make multiples, that i have no reason to keep 

as for the forum side; as stated above, i dont make alts; so and this isnt an exception on forums, making alts, on a forum website...feels wierd, and i-i dont see why someone would do it

but ofcourse this is "my point of view on alts in forums"

usual TLDR; ever made an alt? thoughts on people who use alts ? 

i made an alt on a game once~, but i never made alts anywhere else, including forum side of things~

i find it wierd if someone made alts on a forum, as i dont see the purpose of doing so, (my PoV of things)

with those said, what about you ?! what are you're thoughts on alts and the likes ? ever used on ? and so on~ lets have a discussion with the friendliest deaths hugs~

• Like 1

We don’t use alts on here, but we do technically have them elsewhere. Alongside our dual the_twig accounts, we have solo accounts on certain social media sites, but they are all set to private, and are used exclusively for talking to people we know in real life.

We did also have an alt on our last forum, which we clearly labled as such so as not to confuse people, because we were mods with decent powers over the running of the site, and needed a way to test things on the user side or a target to test mod powers whenever we changed something to make sure it worked properly.

Edited by the_twig

41 minutes ago, Wedgy said:

I noticed when that account was made before and I repeat it isn't me... and I have no inkling about who might have gone and made it perhaps as a joke. Not even a clue. Or maybe it's just a really weird coincidence.

But to respond to the thread here, I've only used one single forum alt ever, and it was after I requested the deletion of my former account for personal reasons and wanted to form a new identity. People frequently make alt accounts on rp forums, however it is when the account is attached to the character that user is playing. IMO, it's a clunky way to handle rp and I've seen a lot of forums doing rp in this way fall into the internet abyss quickly due to how congested it can become.

Huh, thought that was your alt -- guess i was wrong xD, might have been a prank or joke as you said -- since its to coincidental

I never knew some forums with Rp did whole alts to fill in roles though, thats sure informative, ( since i rarely joined forums, and by barely i mean never aside from AU forums)

1 hour ago, the_twig said:

We don’t use alts on here, but we do technically have them elsewhere. Alongside our dual the_twig accounts, we have solo accounts on certain social media sites, but they are all set to private, and are used exclusively for talking to people we know in real life.

We did also have an alt on our last forum, which we clearly labled as such so as not to confuse people, because we were mods with decent powers over the running of the site, and needed a way to test things on the user side or a target to test mod powers whenever we changed something to make sure it worked properly.

Its really confusing me when you say *we* since it feels like you're saying more than one person, but i semi understand what you mean, just semi

2 hours ago, Wedgy said:

It's still a fairly uncommon thing, even for rp forums. And rp forums are run in so many different ways; you have some aforementioned in which your account is your character, and others which you can use multiple identities however the entire forum is one dedicated environment. The best one I was ever a part of had some pretty normal accounts, and the rp sections were broken up by IC/OOC/int as well as skill level and 18+/pg13 content. 

And despite this, people still found the need to create alts... Despite it being against the rules. 

I'll have to agree in a wider context, however. Alt accounts are just utterly pointless in a forum. The whole idea of being a part of a community is put on a skewer when you can't even maintain a single name. 

Still, its good to know of possible same person on different accounts when joining a rp server, 

Though if i ever found out one individual acted in multiple accounts in an rp server... id probably quit that rp server -- i mean he can tip the scales of the story to his side if it ever looks bad on him, and having two characters is just.."too much power for one man to handle" or so how one meme would say it

Games alts, i understand, forum alts... thats just idk

Never alt'd on a forum before, but I do have 3 fanfiction.net personas. Two of them write mysteries (one I use for short stories, the other for longer stories...helps keep me from looking like I have abandoned a longer multichapter story when I am in a short story mood).

The third account is extra special. You see, myself and a friend noted that good stories that are well written rarely recieve many reviews and that bad stories with crappy grammar get hundreds of reviews. Anyways, we created this as a joint account to experiment with the "why does this happen?"s.  Long story short, we found that no matter how terribly we wrote (I had to turn off my autocorrect to even write for this account lol. It kept fixing my errors lol), we got a massive amount of reviews (it made us not want to post stories actually). Some people flamed us, others encouraged us, one guy said the plot was interesting (these were 200 or so word chapters, with sentences like "he wint tu shapin mal an sen a pretee gurl with amond calord hare", literally every sentence, even the disclaimer!  Why would anyone suffer the blasphemy of reading them!?), and a few were onto us experimenting on the masses. Over 50% were positive reviews. People kept clicking to read the next chapter and the next, and the next....  Our faith in humanity crumbled that year...

So, yeah. Fanfiction.net yes. Forums, no.

• Informative 1

11 minutes ago, Beocat said:

The third account is extra special. You see, myself and a friend noted that good stories that are well written rarely recieve many reviews and that bad stories with crappy grammar get hundreds of reviews. Anyways, we created this as a joint account to experiment with the "why does this happen?"s.  Long story short, we found that no matter how terribly we wrote (I had to turn off my autocorrect to even write for this account lol. It kept fixing my errors lol), we got a massive amount of reviews (it made us not want to post stories actually). Some people flamed us, others encouraged us, one guy said the plot was interesting (these were 200 or so word chapters, with sentences like "he wint tu shapin mal an sen a pretee gurl with amond calord hare", literally every sentence, even the disclaimer!  Why would anyone suffer the blasphemy of reading them!?), and a few were onto us experimenting on the masses. Over 50% were positive reviews. People kept clicking to read the next chapter and the next, and the next....  Our faith in humanity crumbled that year...

So, yeah. Fanfiction.net yes. Forums, no.

ah, a thesis of sort,

but i will agree, why would anyone ever submit to reading such sentences, it kills my brain cells (its funny couse, i used to type like that on AU-forums...now i understand why that guy followed my every post telling me off, but to be fair, i was just a child then, and children tend to...do stupid sh*t <.>)

still, i can understand how that will make you lose hope in humanity.meme

...worse comes to worse, throw the get-of-my-planet, i-like-this-planet.meme card at those guys..<.>

I dont use alts on forums I feel like thats kinda weird to play as 2 people on the same place however I use many alts on games.