Piercings and Tattoos?

alupacard

I only have two piercings (both earlobes) which is super duper normal for a girl. I don't think I'll get more.

As for tattoos, I don't really like to have them on my body. Definitely not a fan of big tats, but I like some little cute designs like stars on wrist or ankle on someone (but not on me).

• Like 1

On 8/27/2018 at 4:14 PM, Greeneyes said:

I dont got any tattoos or piercings tho I think the places people get piercings are crazy.

Why do you say that. Long as they keep the rings in there is no real danger of infection.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, ArchieKun said:

Why do you say that. Long as they keep the rings in there is no real danger of infection.

Not what I meant but okidoki

1 hour ago, ArchieKun said:

Your just not a fan of them then?

Im not  a fan of basically every piercing except for ears they just seem weird to by not a fan idc if someone has them its just kina weird to me

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Greeneyes said:

Im not  a fan of basically every piercing except for ears they just seem weird to by not a fan idc if someone has them its just kina weird to me

Fair enough. My understanding is they are like a fasion statement more, or less. I have none not even the ears, but thats because I just don't see the point. I will give you this though. There are some that I just cannot imagine especially lounge piercings. Tats however, are a different matter those are can be gorgeous works of art no matter how you look at it.

3 hours ago, Kohloo said:

I can't take a picture of my tattoo (I have a flip phone). But I did find an old picture (April 2017) that has it showing, so I just cropped it to show it

Hide contents

Screenshot_1.thumb.png.63701b5f8fc23ff81b8b518e5a0c25fb.png

It's beautiful! :) How old is your tattoo? 

• Like 1

I don't have a problem with tattoos in general. They are an art form (most of which I appreciate), that have been passed down from generation to generation from our Tribal Ancestors. I also don't have a problem with people who choose to get them. What people do with their bodies and how they choose to decorate it, is not really my concern.

It's only the people who attack others and call them "abominations" and "demons" and "criminals", who I have a problem with. I have little tolerance for stupid people who blindly judge others by their choices over getting and showcasing tattoos - even less/zero when they drill their ideologies into childrens' minds to be just as judgmental in future. 

I once sold tattoo art as keychains when I was younger and a little girl saw one of them and liked them and wanted her mother to buy it. I got upset cuz she - the mother -  started "preaching" how she thinks tattoos were evil. I wanted to argue, but another artist stopped me -.- I didn't enjoy the sale I got from that person. I wanted to throw the money out the window. That customer was like being near poison, ugh. 

Edited by Anisa Mazaki

14 hours ago, Onijun said:

I have a couple of ear piercings on my ears and some tattoos on my arms. I have Punpun on my arm. \(^°^)/

Thats pretty awesome if I do say so. What kinda earnings do you wear normally, and what other tats do you have on your arms?

3 hours ago, ArchieKun said:

Thats pretty awesome if I do say so. What kinda earnings do you wear normally, and what other tats do you have on your arms?

I have nail looking piercings, it's hard to explain lol. Also I have Jack skellington, plague doctor, and on my shoulder I have the mark of sacrifice from berserk.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Onijun said:

I have nail looking piercings, it's hard to explain lol. Also I have Jack skellington, plague doctor, and on my shoulder I have the mark of sacrifice from berserk.

Now that I have to say is pretty awesome. Anime tata are always cool in my book. Do you plan to get any more in the future.

4 hours ago, ArchieKun said:

Now that I have to say is pretty awesome. Anime tata are always cool in my book. Do you plan to get any more in the future.

Yeah actually, I'm going to get some panels from Junji Ito's art. And Kaiman from dorohedoro too.

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/19/2018 at 12:36 PM, alupacard said:

I like unfiltered comments, so it is cool to hear yours also! Tattooing is certainly becoming more "accepted" or popular so it does make sense that some art may not be as original. But I'd also like to think that there is still some cool art being made out there ^^ Thanks for your perspective! 

There are some artists who are still unique but they're unfortunately starting to get less and less. I've seen some parlors that still do "Freestyle" so I guess if I was to get a tat I would have to shop around before letting someone make a permanent mark on my skin. I will give a shoutout to "Sneakin' Deacon" (RIP) who was in my opinion the best tattoo artist there ever was. Most won't know him, that's kewl, just felt like this was a good place since we were talkin' the  OG of tattooists. 

Cheers! 

• Love it! (Daisuki) 1

On 9/15/2018 at 7:44 AM, Oakmi said:

so I guess if I was to get a tat I would have to shop around before letting someone make a permanent mark on my skin

It's really important to do this anyway. Everyone is different and has different styles or specialties. My uncle runs a tattoo shop. A lot of people would think that I'd go there because he's family (and I can get a killer discount), but his style and specialty doesn't really fit in with what I want done. If I ever get any lettering done though, I'll definitely be going to him.

If you aren't comfortable with an artist, then they're probably not the artist for you.

No tattoos or piercing here. 

I used to want a tattoo when I was younger, cause they do look badass when done right, but I'm glad that I never went through with it. I laugh at people with the most random of tattoos when I ask them why they got it, and they respond, "I just wanted one". Like really, you couldn't think of anything unique to you to get. With that being said though, Ink Master is one of my favorite shows. Miami Ink, too.

As for piercings, one thing that grinds my gears, is when a cashier, hostess, receptionist etc has facial pearcings. You should look professional, especially if you have that type of job where you're dealing with people all day. Wait til you clock out at least.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Nono said:

No tattoos or piercing here. 

I used to want a tattoo when I was younger, cause they do look badass when done right, but I'm glad that I never went through with it. I laugh at people with the most random of tattoos when I ask them why they got it, and they respond, "I just wanted one". Like really, you couldn't think of anything unique to you to get. With that being said though, Ink Master is one of my favorite shows. Miami Ink, too.

As for piercings, one thing that grinds my gears, is when a cashier, hostess, receptionist etc has facial pearcings. You should look professional, especially if you have that type of job where you're dealing with people all day. Wait til you clock out at least.

That is so funny now that you mention that because I have ran into people saying the same thing not to long ago in fact. They told me it was an impulse at that. I just have to say thats one heck of an impulse decision.

• Like 1

I adore Tattoos and Piercings. While I am not fond of face tattoos, if others want to have them, no big deal, but I personally wouldn't do it. However, up the neck and behind the ear, I already have.

I have am working on two full sleeves, and my calves. The only piercings I have is snake bites, a le bre, ears, and used to have eyebrow, but I took it out.  I think body art and modifications is just like art, it can be good, it can be bad---it's all subjective. But I certainly can admire someone for their dedication and passion. 

• Like 1

On 8/18/2018 at 11:57 PM, alupacard said:

Just curious on your opinion or perception of them! ^^

I believe tattoos and piercings is 1 way of expressing yourself but, keep in mind this usually is permanent exceptions laser removal for tattoos. They can be a way to commemorate a memory, way of life or individuality. With that said I too have tattoos and piercings. I usually spend a good lengthy time on the concepts sometimes months/years before I decide this is something I want 👍

• 1 month later...

I've had my ears pierced multiple time in my life. I tend to lose all of my earrings so they always tend to heal up. I get really bummed about that.

I have exactly one tattoo. It's an homage to my geekiness, as in the infatuation with anime. I actually got the Fairy Tail guild mark tatted on my right forearm. I designed the lines and coloration as well as the idea of a 'shine' on the mark. I just liked the idea of a more 3-dimensional look than a flat color.

• Like 1
  • Awesome (Sugoi) 1