Piercings and Tattoos?

alupacard

10 hours ago, KeilynLocke said:

I've had my ears pierced multiple time in my life. I tend to lose all of my earrings so they always tend to heal up. I get really bummed about that.

I have exactly one tattoo. It's an homage to my geekiness, as in the infatuation with anime. I actually got the Fairy Tail guild mark tatted on my right forearm. I designed the lines and coloration as well as the idea of a 'shine' on the mark. I just liked the idea of a more 3-dimensional look than a flat color.

Gotta respect ink that means something even geek reference. I say long as it means a lot to you then its important. I can understand being upset when they close up. If it happens to often then its hard to get it purebred as to much scare tissue builds up/

6 minutes ago, ArchieKun said:

Gotta respect ink that means something even geek reference. I say long as it means a lot to you then its important. I can understand being upset when they close up. If it happens to often then its hard to get it purebred as to much scare tissue builds up/

Yeah, that's mostly the issue I had the last time that I got them pierced. At the moment however, it's a lack of funds that prevents me from any kind of cosmetic changes.

5 minutes ago, KeilynLocke said:

Yeah, that's mostly the issue I had the last time that I got them pierced. At the moment however, it's a lack of funds that prevents me from any kind of cosmetic changes.

I hear ya I mean I am scared to get some ink, but it is mostly funds that aren't there in my case too. I just hate shots plus all the things you hear about with infections from tattoo places that scare me.

• 3 weeks later...

Personally love them, escpeially tattoos (of course I would though since I've got 7 tattoos in total haha), as the saying goes "Once you get one you never go back." Sure tattoos lose the appeal once you've grown way older in old age but honestly that's to be expected when you get older the disadvantages of being older follows suit with it. But honestly tattoos are beautiful when drawn and done correctly, and one of the biggest forms of self expression for many people. 

• Awesome (Sugoi) 1

4 hours ago, Sassy said:

Personally love them, escpeially tattoos (of course I would though since I've got 7 tattoos in total haha), as the saying goes "Once you get one you never go back." Sure tattoos lose the appeal once you've grown way older in old age but honestly that's to be expected when you get older the disadvantages of being older follows suit with it. But honestly tattoos are beautiful when drawn and done correctly, and one of the biggest forms of self expression for many people. 

I mean I am aware of the physical appearance issues with tats, and aging skin, and all. Though I know some pretty old folks with a lot of ink that only ever had to be touched up. I suppose interests do change over time like everything else though. Thats the main reason I do not want one.

34 minutes ago, ArchieKun said:

I mean I am aware of the physical appearance issues with tats, and aging skin, and all. Though I know some pretty old folks with a lot of ink that only ever had to be touched up. I suppose interests do change over time like everything else though. Thats the main reason I do not want one.

Right it's understandable I tell people allot that if it's not for you then don't fell shamed or bad sometimes certain things aren't for everyone or for everyone to do. 

• Agree 1

9 minutes ago, Sassy said:

Right it's understandable I tell people allot that if it's not for you then don't fell shamed or bad sometimes certain things aren't for everyone or for everyone to do. 

Right couldn't agree more here. I mean tats are supposed to represent something. Say that begs the question.

Dose anyone here believe in the myth of tattooing your parner's name on you will lead to a break up. I am not a real superstitious person for the most part, but I have seen this happen to several friends, and family of mine.

1 hour ago, ArchieKun said:

Right couldn't agree more here. I mean tats are supposed to represent something. Say that begs the question.

Dose anyone here believe in the myth of tattooing your parner's name on you will lead to a break up. I am not a real superstitious person for the most part, but I have seen this happen to several friends, and family of mine.

Right excatly, honestly tattooing any significant others name on you is kinda a hinder on the person because not everyone lives happily ever after nor do they stay together I tell people the only time I think it's acceptable if your getting someone's name is if its a family member or one of your kids names, in my opinion at least. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Sassy said:

Right excatly, honestly tattooing any significant others name on you is kinda a hinder on the person because not everyone lives happily ever after nor do they stay together I tell people the only time I think it's acceptable if your getting someone's name is if its a family member or one of your kids names, in my opinion at least. 

Ya kids are different as they are lack of a better word accomplishment of someone even though I hate to think of kids as items, or goals. Its kinda true all the same. Plus tattoing kids names gives a different vibe shows more of a proud display rather than something possessive.

• Agree 1

7 hours ago, ArchieKun said:

Hard to eplain, but I actually think it's kinda silly to get tattoos that are "deep". i.e. "This is my dead relative, I got this so I'll never forget them." Like really, they're that important to you, yet you're worried you might forget them if it's not tattooed on you. I don't know, I get it but I don't.

Here is a poorly written article on tattoos and what they were used for throughout history. Who knows how much is facts, though.

Tats

15 hours ago, Nono said:

Hard to eplain, but I actually think it's kinda silly to get tattoos that are "deep". i.e. "This is my dead relative, I got this so I'll never forget them." Like really, they're that important to you, yet you're worried you might forget them if it's not tattooed on you. I don't know, I get it but I don't.

Here is a poorly written article on tattoos and what they were used for throughout history. Who knows how much is facts, though.

Tats

Yah when put that way I do see where you are coming from. Though in my case I doubt I'd forget I am cursed, or blessed however you want to look at it with a memory second to next to none. Helps me learn but at same time for things such as this can be sorta curse.

Far as the tat representation for a dead person, or whatnot. I think its more of a pride thing more then a memory one. At least thats what a lot of people who have done that sort of thing have told me.

Probably showing my age here but this pretty much sums up my view:

"I grew up being taught to try to end life's journey with the same number of holes in your body as you started with." -- Red Green (aka Canadian comedian Steve Smith)

Edited by Ohiotaku

2 hours ago, Ohiotaku said:

"I grew up being taught to try to end life's journey with the same number of holes in your body as you started with." -- Red Green (aka Canadian comedian Steve Smith)

I find it interesting seeing everyone's thoughts on this I still see it as more or less art though. I can understand where your coming from though all the same.

Life is full of diversity and rich cultures. Inking and piercing have always been richly involved in many cultures and individuals. Although people are entitled to their opinions, it is a matter of how one goes about expressing said opinions. When it comes to tattoos and piercings here in America, the most common association is unprofessional and somewhat have this intimidation factor.  But, don't judge a book by its cover. People make their own choices, especially when it comes to their body. But it does not change who they are as a person. They just have an interest that may not be to your taste/liking. As we say to each their own. For myself, I do find tattoos to be beautiful. I've seen a lot of wonderful ink art on bodies. Now...we shall not focus on people who are just silly and don't think about their tattoos. The ink tells us a little story about themselves. It's like they wear their heart on their sleeves.

Now.

I have one tattoo and it's on my upper left shoulder blade. I'm not into tattoos. So when I decided to get a tattoo I did make sure I put it somewhere where it was easy to hide if need be due to different settings. I do plan on getting another tattoo in the future with my younger sister, just a symbol of our bond because again it's a little story I would like to share and have always. It's for me and I'm comfortable with it. But I won't put it somewhere bold, because again, I am not huge on tattoos on myself. 

Forgot about piercings. 

Piercings are fun but depend on what it is and where. I am a bit more passionate about tattoos than piercings. But I have enjoyed having my ears pierced and I don't mean just the basic piercing. I've had my cartilage pierced, bar, second hole. You can wear such pretty earrings with them. Now I only have my second holes. I have had my lip pierced and nips as well. But I have taken both of those out after a while it just gets old. Lol. I believe piercings are okay with moderation. 

Edited by Persona
  • Love it! (Daisuki) 1

• 3 months later...

I've always wanted a nose piercing and lip piercing! I also absolutely love tattoos but I'm just to scared to get them because I cant deal with needles and pain 

• 3 years later...

Updating my views on this topic: 

I've gotten a tattoo and plan to get more, I think they can look really cool and unique for people but I do believe tattoos should be kept to a minimal, I wouldn't go and completely cover my body.

Piercings can be cool but I'm not a huge fan of face piercing unless it's the nose. 

I don't have any tattoos or piercings, and I don't want any.

Personally I don't understand why anyone would want a tattoo, I especially can't understand why someone would want their whole arm or body covered in tattoos, but it's their choice so I just accept it and don't make any comments.

Then again I do things that some others wouldn't do and don't understand why I do, so each to their own.

Mom got my ears pierced the first time when I was fairly young. I think I wanted them really bad, probably because I wanted to do everything my sister did and rarely got to XD

Got my lobes pierced in both ears again in High School to support one of my friends who was a bit timid to get them, but really wanted 'em. I like the way they look. Had the cartilage pierced in college, but to be honest, it kept getting infected and I got fed up and let them heal.

I have one tattoo, and it has meaning to me. It is just the character for "dragon" (yes, I know it was the right Kanji), colored blue. I chose a Kanji because I was studying Japanese and had been a fan of anime and interested in the culture anyway for years. I chose "dragon" because I've always been a fan of fantasy (especially dragons), and blue for my favorite colors.

If ya couldn't tell by my pseudonym, I like blue dragons XD

I got this when I was...19? Maybe 20. I was in college. I do not regret it at 38 (I also take care of it, and have it on my shoulder where it wouldn't interfere with my jobs). It still looks pretty good :D

On 11/17/2018 at 10:36 AM, Ohayotaku said:

The Red Green Show was funny! XD I was so glad PBS aired that show XD  Can't say I watched every episode, but it was always good for a laugh.

• Friendly 1

I have my left ear pierced three times. Lobe, upper lobe and single helix. My right ear is pierced once on the lobe.

I plan on getting a tattoo on my inner forearm when my fur baby passes on. I'll be doing a casting of his left paw and mixing a pinch of his ashes in the ink. It'll be my first tattoo but I want my baby with me everywhere I go. 🥰 We saved one another, it's only fair he tags along. 💕

• Friendly 2