Medabots

EnviousEnvy

Anyone else remember watching this as a kid? Don't know if it was actually anime or not but I remember watching this show as a child early in the morning on ABC Family.  

Medabots.jpg

Edited by EnviousEnvy

I didn't watch it but some of the bots look familiar and the bad guys in black with antennas definitely look familiar.  I probably saw bits and pieces of it but I think I might have aged out of that show by the time it came out.  It certainly wasn't something I followed, but probably saw while flipping through channels.

Now, I wonder...do you remember this show?  Hint hint...you can't find VHS or DVDs under the name listed in that picture.  Made collecting them impossible for me for years (since I didn't know the alternative name to look for).  It should be in the same timeframe as your show, though it didn't get the same treatment in a re-release that Reboot got from Mainframe Entertainment...  How I wish they'd re-release it for me...probably will once I've finally managed to collect them all...

1790743389_warplanets.jpg.36cb42d5f0996dd844236a9e4a17c5e4.jpg

13 minutes ago, Beocat said:

I didn't watch it but some of the bots look familiar and the bad guys in black with antennas definitely look familiar.  I probably saw bits and pieces of it but I think I might have aged out of that show by the time it came out.  It certainly wasn't something I followed, but probably saw while flipping through channels.

Now, I wonder...do you remember this show?  Hint hint...you can't find VHS or DVDs under the name listed in that picture.  Made collecting them impossible for me for years (since I didn't know the alternative name to look for).  It should be in the same timeframe as your show, though it didn't get the same treatment in a re-release that Reboot got from Mainframe Entertainment...  How I wish they'd re-release it for me...probably will once I've finally managed to collect them all...

1790743389_warplanets.jpg.36cb42d5f0996dd844236a9e4a17c5e4.jpg

Honestly I don't think I have heard of this one.

12 minutes ago, EnviousEnvy said:

Honestly I don't think I have heard of this one.

Don't feel bad about it.  When it came out on tv, it was under the name War Planets (as pictured) but then later released on VHS and DVD as Shadow Raiders.  I don't think I ever have met another person who saw this show that I didn't introduce it to.  Long time ago but if memory serves me adequately, I believe it was around 8 or 830am Saturday mornings EST.  How I managed to wake up to watch my shows at that early hour shocks me.  Even more so that I managed to watch the entire series without fail.

This was another one from those years.  Cybersix.  It too got a re-release (which I gladly purchased).  I think this might have been an afternoon show.  There was a gaggle of different types of shows that came out in that timeframe.  A pretty good time to be growing up actually :)

Cybersix.png.4b9dad19ada9f7b1bfc14c67e605afef.png

Edited by Beocat