Open Club  ·  45 members

Visual Novels

do you finish all route's, or part of it ? - ~VN topics~

XII360

so, was studying like i always am, so  deligent, very smart, dead meme,wow 

but anyway's~ when playing a VN, do you usually play all the route's of the the VN, or just play a certain character(s) you like ?, 

personally, i read mostly the characters that piqued my interest (be it aesthetically, or story-wise), and move on to the next VN once i finish her main story, (e.g. from grisaia, eden; finished michiru's story, yumiko's, and working on amane, (still thinking about makina's, its in the middle ground, im somewhat interested in knowing what happened to her) 

after which ill probably move on to the 2nd part of the VN -- which means i pretty much will be skipping sachi's story in the first VN, probably on the next one's too, unless their story will pique my interest

but what about you ?!, how do you read VN's ?, do you read one girl (or male, if its an otome-game) story and move on just like me ?, do you achieve to read everyone's routes and reach the ultimate true ending of the novel (like, say clannads/Little busters ?) 

lets have a discussion below as always~

I pretty much agree with what Ryuji said.

I'll try and do everything I can to finish all the routes. There have been cases where I can't stand the characters so I never finished every route, but 90% of the time, I wanna see the differences between all the routes.

All the Grisaia girls are pretty good, I would give Sachi's route another go if you have the time.

• 4 months later...

I remember when there was a time when I would do something similar like the OP, read one route then move on to another VN, before coming back to that first VN when I finished another route for the second VN.

Nowadays, I just read six VNs at the same time, not really caring which route I finish first. Nowadays, I'm just trying to find anything to kill my boredom.

Typically I only play the routes that interest me the most which as of right now, has never been all of them.

I know in some cases that's not how you're supposed to do it as the routes may come together to form a coherent central story only when you've gone through all of them. However, there's a lot to read and I tend to be a slow reader so I enjoy going through what feels like the best parts and moving on to the next thing even if I might miss something. Don't have the patience for the alternative.

I typically play the routes I want....sometimes I'll try something different to see what the other side is like. I have discovered that I have a type and what characteristics I prefer a romantic interest to display (apparently I go after the same type all the time lol). I might try multiple endings...but sometimes it just isn't worth it. Depends on the quality of the story itself.