Hidden gem soundtracks

the_twig

Whenever you ask about the best anime soundtracks, there are a few names that always come up. Samurai Champloo, Zankyou no Terror, Beck, etc.
While they are definitely good, there are some anime that really go unnoticed despite having amazing OSTs. What are some that you can think of?

By the way, we're talking proper background music here, not OPs and EDs.

So the reason that we decided to make this thread is because we were having a discussion about a certain anime with our friends the other day, and decided to check out the OST, since we remember it being pretty decent. It then absolutely blew us away and became one of our favourite OSTs of all time. That anime was Queen's Blade. For any of you unfamiliar with the series, it's a really high ecchi show about girls with swords ripping each other's clothes off, but just listen to the stuff in this spoiler.

For any of you who are interested in this sort of thing, that OST is by Yokoyama Masaru, who also did the music for series like Your Lie in April and Kuzu no Honkai.

I honestly think that Humanity has Declined or Jinrui wa Suitai Shimashita has a great ost. It's also not the type of ost where every soundtrack is something to listen to on it's own.
(Although there are a few standout tracks that are damn good even by themselves)

However, the show's ost works to completely enhance the show itself and immerse the viewer even further into the show's wacky antics. I don't think the show would be as good as it is without the soundtrack it has supporting it.

If you guys wanna watch a comedy that's about the last remaining humans and tons of weird but entertaining faeries, this is the anime to watch. It's quite good.

Here's a link to a channel that uploaded a good amount of the ost:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCPKVoJDpjBtTCTT7VdzYxDw

A few of my favorites tracks:
Azemichi
Danran
Fushigi na Jikan
Meikyuu
Kokoro ga Kaeru Basho
*Zanshou*

Another show I can think of with an absolutely phenomenal ost is Girl's Last Tour. Although it might be a bit more popular than what qualifies as a hidden gem. Fantastic show.

20 minutes ago, Decimo said:

I honestly think that Humanity has Declined or Jinrui wa Suitai Shimashita has a great ost. It's also not the type of ost where every soundtrack is something to listen to on it's own.
(Although there are a few standout tracks that are damn good even by themselves)

However, the show's ost works to completely enhance the show itself and immerse the viewer even further into the show's wacky antics. I don't think the show would be as good as it is without the soundtrack it has supporting it.

If you guys wanna watch a comedy that's about the last remaining humans and tons of weird but entertaining faeries, this is the anime to watch. It's quite good.

Here's a link to a channel that uploaded a good amount of the ost:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCPKVoJDpjBtTCTT7VdzYxDw

A few of my favorites tracks:
Azemichi
Danran
Fushigi na Jikan
Meikyuu
Kokoro ga Kaeru Basho
*Zanshou*

Another show I can think of with an absolutely phenomenal ost is Girl's Last Tour. Although it might be a bit more popular than what qualifies as a hidden gem. Fantastic show.

Just listened to a bit of Humanity has Declined, and you're right, it's really nice. Good find. Now to try and find a place to download it...

We love Girls Last Tour and its soundtrack. Our favourites are probably Song of the End, The Rain Song, and an unused insert song called Endless Journey.

• Like 1

A favourite of mine is from Yuuki Yuuna is a Hero. I'm not a particularly massive fan of the show itself, it's more than passable for sure, but the cutesy aspects just threw me off too hard.

But HOO LAWDY, the soundtrack.

Here's some examples.

Like good god, I hate that this show isn't better.

Gotta as far as animes with awesome soundtracks for background music I have to go with DBZ, and Inusha along with Yu Yu Hakusho for the older ones. Though if we are talking a bit newer then I have to mention No Game No Life, and SAO forsure are amazing.