Hello~ Any gamers here?

Palatine

Do you also play games when you're not watching anime or reading manga? If yes, what games do you play and which one eats up your time?

Lately, I've been spending time playing Black Desert Online. The graphics are nice and sometimes I just log in to enjoy the scenery while downloading my favorite anime. They just released a remastered version and I have to say that it looks better than before. Would you like to see the trailer?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_g6XCLNQl_w

When I'm on my mobile I play Fate/Grand Order. Sadly, no Illya. 😪

I am more a console player, mainly becouse my pc si quite bad :'( , but like you i spent a lot of time looking at the scenary of Horizon Zero Dawn. Specifically i love how the dynamic weather interact with the enviroments and the characters and its impressive all the shades that come to life with the effects from lights and shadows.

I think that For anyone who like to wander around and just look at the scenary this is a must.

P.S. sorry for my english but it is not my first language...thus i ask forgiveness for any error

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Palatine said:

Do you also play games when you're not watching anime or reading manga? If yes, what games do you play and which one eats up your time?

Lately, I've been spending time playing Black Desert Online. The graphics are nice and sometimes I just log in to enjoy the scenery while downloading my favorite anime. They just released a remastered version and I have to say that it looks better than before. Would you like to see the trailer?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_g6XCLNQl_w

When I'm on my mobile I play Fate/Grand Order. Sadly, no Illya. 😪

ha! i just got illya, and i feel so happy (my god, i should go to prison, im starting to sound like a pedophile >.>), feels good to have a kiyohime lancer, a tamamo lancer (even though i didnt really aim for her), and an illya, now all i want for christmas, is a buffer, preferably merlin, and suzuka gozen, thats all im asking fgo, make it happened >.>

but going back to topic...

well, if im not studying which is 95% of the time or drawing which is 10% of the time or reading novels which is -5% of the time i generally play video game's, and by heart, i am of a gamer~

..atleast i think im a hardcore gamer, i play games on hardest difficulty and finish them, have you tried beating dark souls on extreme difficulty ?!, probably not couse there's no difficulty settings in DS games

but yea, i tend to play, games that are RPG-ish, (though currently, i cant play rpg's, if i play one, i wont care for anything else for atleast 3 days, until i finish the game, which i cant do, couse 1 day rest, next day studies smh), shooters (not as much), and the such, (that i didn't think up of, but i generally play allot of games)

rpg example: fate/extra, tokyo xanadu ex+, persona, digimon (somewhat almost all series, except digiworld 4, that never happened.), harvest/rune factory, and the likes, as for shooters, typically ones like wolfenstein, far cry 3, borderlands series, and the likes

as for online game's, i've tried a couple, like, LoL, digimon masters, that-one-game-i-cant-remember-the-title, and other one that i also cant remember title, but was anime-pet-related,

i used to grind allot on those online/MMORPG games, but then i toke an arrow to the knee and became a hermit, cause being a guard doesn't pay the bills~...probably does pay the bills compared to a hermit, but my point stays <.>

also, regarding trailer, 0:57-1;00, am i the only one, who imagined the map on assassins creed 1 ? (atleast, i feel, i've seen that pathway in assassin's creed 1)

comments are hella negative, about lack of content on the game though,, that's probably not good

so to sum it up with a TLDR; i mostly play RPG games, but i play other genre's too

i used to be a grinder on online games, until i toke an arrow to the knee and became a hermit

0:57-1:00 is clearly an assassins creed map though >.>

edit: not part of summary, but ima add it, i mostly play mobile games currently, since its a "on the go" thing~ (i.e, rhythm game, FGO/feh, etc..etc)

Edited by XII360

1 hour ago, AmeNoRyu said:

I am more a console player, mainly becouse my pc si quite bad :'( , but like you i spent a lot of time looking at the scenary of Horizon Zero Dawn. Specifically i love how the dynamic weather interact with the enviroments and the characters and its impressive all the shades that come to life with the effects from lights and shadows.

I think that For anyone who like to wander around and just look at the scenary this is a must.

P.S. sorry for my english but it is not my first language...thus i ask forgiveness for any error

Last console I played on was Playstation 2. I think it was Odinsphere the last game I played.
Yeah, the PC needs to be good if you want to enjoy scenery in high settings. So far I'm enjoying Black Desert Online remastered although it can be dazzling to the eyes when sunlight reflects off the armor. I think I need sunglasses lol. 😂

@XII360 You got Illya? How lucky, I'm jealous. I saved all my quartz, 250 of them, and I got Nitocris and Medea Lily.
I like your list of RPG but I never played Digimon before. How about Star Ocean, did you play that before?
I tried shooter games before but I got dizzy a lot lol. 😁No Call of Duty for me.
I don't like grinding much in MMORPG but it's there to stay and I guess it won't change. At least in Black Desert I can go fishing for a little money while reading some manga. Just now I binge read Shomin Sample and just left my character with a fishing rod on the wharf.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Palatine said:

@XII360 You got Illya? How lucky, I'm jealous. I saved all my quartz, 250 of them, and I got Nitocris and Medea Lily.
I like your list of RPG but I never played Digimon before. How about Star Ocean, did you play that before?
I tried shooter games before but I got dizzy a lot lol. 😁No Call of Duty for me.
I don't like grinding much in MMORPG but it's there to stay and I guess it won't change. At least in Black Desert I can go fishing for a little money while reading some manga. Just now I binge read Shomin Sample and just left my character with a fishing rod on the wharf.

if it makes you feel better, im not sure if im lucky or not, as it only toke me 30quartz (10x roll, first roll) to get an illya..but 64 tickets didnt give me another illya, which is...what >.>

..it didnt even give me nitocris, 64 tickets, and no nitocris, i guess i shouldn't be too greedy, i mean i DID get illya..

yea, i've played star ocean, (1 to 4), and it was a hella fun game, haven't played 5th, as...i dont own a console of that release (#nops4), im still waiting for the pc release..if it ever arrives that is ;_;

ah, the dizzy from FPS game's, my best friend (or old best friend) too had the dizzyness-phenomenon, whenever he played games (say, dead island), he would get dizzy at around 30 minutes of playing it, i never felt it though, only did feel it when i had motion blur on, but i wasn't sure if it was that dizzyness you both are talking about (you and my old best friend)

wait a min-- isnt that afk farming >.>, then again you didn't technically leave the keyboard soooo, wish i had my grinding skills from before, but now i cant really grind, i feel its...boring now

i used to have this wierd feeling of, "fun" whenever i got lots of items from hard work, maybe it was just me, but i enjoyed seeing the items i grinded/farmed go over 1000, and then sell for profit

but now a days...i feel thats impossible for me, i cant even play games anymore >.>, i guess its for the best, after all im somewhat being productive in life now..i think..probably...not >.>

3 hours ago, XII360 said:

if it makes you feel better, im not sure if im lucky or not, as it only toke me 30quartz (10x roll, first roll) to get an illya..but 64 tickets didnt give me another illya, which is...what >.>

..it didnt even give me nitocris, 64 tickets, and no nitocris, i guess i shouldn't be too greedy, i mean i DID get illya..

yea, i've played star ocean, (1 to 4), and it was a hella fun game, haven't played 5th, as...i dont own a console of that release (#nops4), im still waiting for the pc release..if it ever arrives that is ;_;

ah, the dizzy from FPS game's, my best friend (or old best friend) too had the dizzyness-phenomenon, whenever he played games (say, dead island), he would get dizzy at around 30 minutes of playing it, i never felt it though, only did feel it when i had motion blur on, but i wasn't sure if it was that dizzyness you both are talking about (you and my old best friend)

wait a min-- isnt that afk farming >.>, then again you didn't technically leave the keyboard soooo, wish i had my grinding skills from before, but now i cant really grind, i feel its...boring now

i used to have this wierd feeling of, "fun" whenever i got lots of items from hard work, maybe it was just me, but i enjoyed seeing the items i grinded/farmed go over 1000, and then sell for profit

but now a days...i feel thats impossible for me, i cant even play games anymore >.>, i guess its for the best, after all im somewhat being productive in life now..i think..probably...not >.>

Lol i actually feel worse, I burned 250 quartz without success. You got Illya with just 30. 
No PS4 too. It's OK though because the RPGs on the PS2 are good. My cousin will be lending me her Suikoden 5 next week in exchange for Xenosaga. 
Yeah I get dizzy when playing shooters. I don't get sick when playing Black Desert Online or other games that are not in first person view. I don't think it's my eyes going bad.
I still feel that sense of accomplishment when getting the things I want/need through farming.

• Agree 1

7 minutes ago, Palatine said:

Lol i actually feel worse, I burned 250 quartz without success. You got Illya with just 30. 
No PS4 too. It's OK though because the RPGs on the PS2 are good. My cousin will be lending me her Suikoden 5 next week in exchange for Xenosaga. 
Yeah I get dizzy when playing shooters. I don't get sick when playing Black Desert Online or other games that are not in first person view. I don't think it's my eyes going bad.
I still feel that sense of accomplishment when getting the things I want/need through farming.

d-dont worry, there's still future rer--..well..poop ?

ah crap, i played xenosaga too, (couldnt finish it before, couse the disk broke on me tho') and it was a neat rpg, slow, but neat (kos-mos bestgirl.png.fangirling.mp4?), never played any other suikoden after 2, dunno why, but the other suikodens..didnt have the same charm the 2nd one had, and my god was suikoden 2 just perfect >.<, minus random battles, which was annoying, but no one can blame them

wonder what the reason is for some people to go "dizzy-mode" after playing shooters for 30-an hour or so, usually, never understood it, huh

i-i wish i could get that feeling again, alas, that sense of feeling is gone, mesad.png

Hmm, recently I haven't played that much but I usually play on my PC, even though its an awful rig. I mostly play grand startegy games like EU4, Vicky2, CK2, HOI3/4, the Total War games pre Atilla (my PC can't handle everything released after it... Rome 2 is already a stretch). Then I sometimes play RPGs like Baldurs Gate I/II, Elder Scrolls Series, The Witcher Games, The Fallout Games, especially the originals and the only two shooters Verdun and Tannenberg. And Warthunder sometimes... and emulators for them sweet retro games.

Occasionally some Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate, Fire Emblem and Pokémon on my 3DS

And I sometimes replay the Dark Souls games on my PS3 - almost annually >.>

I used to play VN but kinda lost interest in them. Tough I sorta feel in the mood to replay Kamidori Alchemy Meister - I really liked the gameplay!

lol who isn't a gamer and anime lover? (I suppose there are some.) When I was young, I was a Sony girl then I turned into a Microsoft lady and now I'm both a Sony and Microsoft woman. The game I finished playing recently was Ape Escape 2 for the PS4, prior was God of War 4. The next games I plan to get is Spyro for PS4 and Tomb Raider for the Xbox One. 

• Love it! (Daisuki) 1

11 hours ago, Palatine said:

Do you also play games when you're not watching anime or reading manga?

Whenever I can, though not nearly as often as I would like.  (That whole "life" thing gets in the way too much.  :D  )  I also read "normal" books (well, science fiction), which also is a big time-hog.  (And I still have a backlog of Analog magazine issues that you wouldn't believe.)  But when I get the chance I play empire-builder games - games like simcity, civilization, etc. - or crafting games.  Recently my main play has Kerbal Space Program.  I still play that a lot, but my brother recently (re)started his old minecraft server so we're kind of in the process of <elwood voice>getting the band back together</> & that's also a significant time-waster lately.

I'm either playing on my Switch, either MK8 or Splatoon 2 online, or I'm playing R6: Siege on my PC. I also play RPGs like the Witcher 3. Currently playing bits and pieces of Yakuza 0.

Not much of a console gamer anymore, but I do anticipate the occasional PlayStation exclusive like the upcoming Spider-Man game.

I play games like mad, though I'm mostly a console gamer because playing games with a mouse has always led to my hand cramping up, unless it's just basic clicking. I'm actually so into gaming that I'm going to start streaming on Twitch when Spyro Reignited Trilogy comes out in November. I mostly like RPG's though I do play a lot of other genre's except most shooters and multiplayer titles, mostly because those tend to be one and the same. I'm one who believes that games should be played by the one, but talked about by the many. 

I am definitely a hardcore gamer. I play anything from Minecraft to Tales series to many of games like FPS, RTS, and even retro games. I love to play around with homebrew mods, and emulators too. In fact fpr most of my growing up years my family was very poor so I relied on emulators more then buying all the consoles simply from a affordability perspective. So I play a lot of console games, but mostly on the pc. I have now have a good amount of consoles that include NES, SNES, N64, Nintendo GC, Never got a wii there just weren't that may games that peeked my interest as the wii was one of the first consoles to be flooded with crappy indie titles. Now I am not at all saying indie projects are bad quite to the contrary I actively promote the idea, and want to do one myself. Just at that time was the start of its popularity so tended to see to much without good work being released.

In terms of my favorite genre of gaming that is RPG by far in partially JRPGs I also play a lot of PC games on steam. Steam is great really opened a lot up for me.

Wow so many gamers here too. yeah who isn't a gamer AND an anime lover these days (although I know one person who doesn't like anime but plays games like there's no tomorrow). 
I hope VR gaming becomes a reality soon like Accel World. I would say Sword Art Online but the thought of no log-out and when you die in-game you're dead for real terrifies me lol. I see a lot of console gamers here too. I guess I started out with a Famicom playing Super Mario with my uncle, he'd invite me to his game room and browse over his collection of retro games.

Speaking about retro games, are there any particular retro games you guys like?

Edited by Palatine
  • Like 1

37 minutes ago, Palatine said:

Wow so many gamers here too. yeah who isn't a gamer AND an anime lover these days (although I know one person who doesn't like anime but plays games like there's no tomorrow). 
I hope VR gaming becomes a reality soon like Accel World. I would say Sword Art Online but the thought of no log-out and when you die in-game you're dead for real terrifies me lol. I see a lot of console gamers here too. I guess I started out with a Famicom playing Super Mario with my uncle, he'd invite me to his game room and browse over his collection of retro games.

Speaking about retro games, are there any particular retro games you guys like?

Yes gaming is very popular who goes outside anymore lol. Joking of course I go on a 6-9 mile walk at least 4 times a week. Though I play entirely to much games.

To answer your question my all time favorite retro games are these.

tales_of_phantasia__snes___steam__by_aemony-d55akxi.png

220px-SuperMarioRPGSNESCoverArtUS.jpg

14 hours ago, EnviousEnvy said:

I'm a hardcore gamer. I pretty much play anything that catches my interest honestly. I currently have two games that I'm consumed in which are: Vampyr and Akiba's Trip.

you mean,

akiba

strip

?!?!

... ill leave now >.>

both games are fun though, to be honest, finished both of them xD, to bad the ending is

spoiling is bad, mhmky ?

3 hours ago, ArchieKun said:

Yes gaming is very popular who goes outside anymore lol. Joking of course I go on a 6-9 mile walk at least 4 times a week. Though I play entirely to much games.

To answer your question my all time favorite retro games are these.

tales_of_phantasia__snes___steam__by_aemony-d55akxi.png

220px-SuperMarioRPGSNESCoverArtUS.jpg

Lol it's a miracle I'm not fat yet. I don't go on walks that far, it's bad for my legs.
Never heard these games before. Then again, there are a lot of games for the Super Nintendo, I think even more than Playstation 1 games. 

1 minute ago, Palatine said:

Lol it's a miracle I'm not fat yet. I don't go on walks that far, it's bad for my legs.
Never heard these games before. Then again, there are a lot of games for the Super Nintendo, I think even more than Playstation 1 games. 

Oh ya the Super Famcom, or Super Nintendo had one of the largest liberalizes in gaming history especially in japan. The N64 had a lot too way more then in North America, and Europe.

I mainly play Tekken, I just yesterday bought Tekken 7 so I think that is the game I will definitely be spending most of my time on. 

Aside from Tekken, my favourite games series is Resident evil; I own ps3 5, 6, Rev2, and Ps1 remastered Re2 and Re3. 

19 minutes ago, SAO LILDOOP said:

I mainly play Tekken, I just yesterday bought Tekken 7 so I think that is the game I will definitely be spending most of my time on. 

Aside from Tekken, my favourite games series is Resident evil; I own ps3 5, 6, Rev2, and Ps1 remastered Re2 and Re3. 

Heihachi's seiyuu is gone. Rest in peace... 😢
You played all the Resident Evil games? I remember how terrified I was when Nemesis appears. And I was just a spectator back then. 

• Awesome (Sugoi) 1

2 minutes ago, Palatine said:

Heihachi's seiyuu is gone. Rest in peace... 😢
You played all the Resident Evil games? I remember how terrified I was when Nemesis appears. And I was just a spectator back then. 

Sad for Heihachi... :( 
But yea, I have played a ton of RE games, honestly though the older PS1 classics are the scariest imo, actually jump-scared me a few times. :D 

8 hours ago, SailorUranus2018 said:

"It's a miracle I'm not fat yet"-well, at least my assumption of everyone here is turning out to be false. Thanks Reddit for distorting my view on gamers. 

reddit is full it pitfalls that way, but can be good too sometimes.