Hello~ Any gamers here?

Palatine

13 minutes ago, Escanor said:

I usually play Dota 2 and CSGO if I am not watching any anime. I recently started playing Black Desert Online and sometimes play it as well. 

I have read a little about black desert. Its not normally my game of choice, but looks good. What do you like about it most?

11 hours ago, ArchieKun said:

GC, and N64 was Nintendo's glory days so many good titles, and it honestly gave the PS2 a run for its money if only Nintendo licensed a few more rpgs including JRPGs they might have even beaten the PS2 at the time for me. What were some of your favorite GC games, and favorite games you play now.

My favorite GC game was Spyro, I absolutely loved that purple dragon. I didnt really get to play many GC games but Spyro and I can't remember if this was a GC game or not but i also played Starfox. My favorite games I play now are Warframe, Tera and before it got shut down i used to play alot of Paragon. 

My favorite game franchise of all time is the Onimusha Series.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Octavia said:

My favorite GC game was Spyro, I absolutely loved that purple dragon. I didnt really get to play many GC games but Spyro and I can't remember if this was a GC game or not but i also played Starfox. My favorite games I play now are Warframe, Tera and before it got shut down i used to play alot of Paragon. 

My favorite game franchise of all time is the Onimusha Series.

Ooh very good choices I love Starfox with Starfox64,. and Assault being my favorite in the series. Syro was amzing most notably on the original playstation, but was good on the GC too. Just shows how good the GC was given its wide library. My favorite franchise, or series by far is Persona.

• Funny 1

16 hours ago, Escanor said:

I usually play Dota 2 and CSGO if I am not watching any anime. I recently started playing Black Desert Online and sometimes play it as well. 

Oh, good to know! I'm glad to see a fellow Black Desert Online player here. I hope we get to meet in-game, if we are on the same server. I play on SEA server. 🤩
No CS:GO for me. I think I said it before but I get dizzy sometimes when playing FPS games. ☠️

On 8/29/2018 at 10:31 PM, ArchieKun said:

I have read a little about black desert. Its not normally my game of choice, but looks good. What do you like about it most?

I like how the game have plenty of ways of earning silver (In-game currency) not just by only Grinding and killing monsters, but through Profession life skills like Fishing, cooking, and trading. It's a fun game that has plenty of quests that can keep you occupied. Try to check it out while the game is currently free to access.

8 hours ago, Palatine said:

Oh, good to know! I'm glad to see a fellow Black Desert Online player here. I hope we get to meet in-game, if we are on the same server. I play on SEA server. 🤩
No CS:GO for me. I think I said it before but I get dizzy sometimes when playing FPS games. ☠️

Hope to see you as well in the game. I am also on SEA server. Ohh I see, well I can't complain to that since FPS games really makes you dizzy by constant and face switching of camera angles.

23 minutes ago, Escanor said:

I like how the game have plenty of ways of earning silver (In-game currency) not just by only Grinding and killing monsters, but through Profession life skills like Fishing, cooking, and trading. It's a fun game that has plenty of quests that can keep you occupied. Try to check it out while the game is currently free to access.

Hope to see you as well in the game. I am also on SEA server. Ohh I see, well I can't complain to that since FPS games really makes you dizzy by constant and face switching of camera angles.

I see now that dose make it a lot more interesting to me already. Can you sell, and trade with other players?

Edited by ArchieKun

18 hours ago, ArchieKun said:

I see now that dose make it a lot more interesting to me already. Can you sell, and trade with other players?

Not directly; apparently it's to avoid being scammed by other players, according to the developers. There's an auction house or marketplace for that, which makes trading safer.

13 minutes ago, Palatine said:

Not directly; apparently it's to avoid being scammed by other players, according to the developers. There's an auction house or marketplace for that, which makes trading safer.

Yah that makes sense scamming in mmo gamess is a big issue.

4 hours ago, ArchieKun said:

Yah that makes sense scamming in mmo gamess is a big issue.

Yes, you cannot place your trust on other players so easily. So whoever thought of the Marketplace or Auction House is a genius. It's a far cry from other MMOs that still allow for direct trading with other players. This is one of the features I like in Black Desert Online and I've never been scammed, not once. 🤩

4 minutes ago, Palatine said:

Yes, you cannot place your trust on other players so easily. So whoever thought of the Marketplace or Auction House is a genius. It's a far cry from other MMOs that still allow for direct trading with other players. This is one of the features I like in Black Desert Online and I've never been scammed, not once. 🤩

I see. I remember in diablo 2 when the market first came out it had some issues with that too. The in game economy was also destroyed by real world transactions too I think.

On 8/25/2018 at 4:09 AM, ArchieKun said:

To answer your question my all time favorite retro games are these.

tales_of_phantasia__snes___steam__by_aemony-d55akxi.png

220px-SuperMarioRPGSNESCoverArtUS.jpg

Here are some of mine

51BC8Mv-x2L.jpg

lunar-the-silver-star.png

Fire-Emblem-GBA.jpg

As you can see, I was mostly into RPGs, but I also enjoy Capcom fighters (Street Fighter, Dark Stalkers, Marvel) and a lot of the classic 2D platformers (Mario & Sonic). Also the Castlevania games.

Most of what I play anymore are on my DS, though I'm thinking of getting a Switch.

I still have most of my old systems: Genesis/Sega CD, Saturn, Dreamcast, Game Cube, PS1 & 2, XBox 360 (I loaned my SNES to my sister when she went off to college & it went MIA)

Edited by Ohiotaku
  • Awesome (Sugoi) 1

I play Counter  strike, minecraft and osu, I cant wait untill Ashes of Creation and amazons New World come out and I have played Black dessert

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Ohiotaku said:

Here are some of mine

51BC8Mv-x2L.jpg

lunar-the-silver-star.png

Fire-Emblem-GBA.jpg

As you can see, I was mostly into RPGs, but I also enjoy Capcom fighters (Street Fighter, Dark Stalkers, Marvel) and a lot of the classic 2D platformers (Mario & Sonic). Also the Castlevania games.

Most of what I play anymore are on my DS, though I'm thinking of getting a Switch.

I still have most of my old systems: Genesis/Sega CD, Saturn, Dreamcast, Game Cube, PS1 & 2, XBox 360 (I loaned my SNES to my sister when she went off to college & it went MIA)

RPGs are the best aren't they. I love JRPGs most. Street fighter is a great series. Capcom makes amzing stuff to like Marvel vs Capcom for one. :)

1 hour ago, Greeneyes said:

I play Counter  strike, minecraft and osu, I cant wait untill Ashes of Creation and amazons New World come out and I have played Black dessert

Minecraft is amazing, and endless, and I do say you really have me researching osu quite a bit.

40 minutes ago, ArchieKun said:

RPGs are the best aren't they. I love JRPGs most. Street fighter is a great series. Capcom makes amzing stuff to like Marvel vs Capcom for one. :)

Minecraft is amazing, and endless, and I do say you really have me researching osu quite a bit.

Mmm watch me play and fail sometime

• Like 1

On 8/26/2018 at 12:15 AM, EnviousEnvy said:

@XII360 According to its website it's actually called Akiba's Trip. I honestly thought it was called Akiba Strip too but other sites state otherwise too. 

Screenshot_20180826-001348_Chrome.jpg

Gotta love those hilarious misconceptions. Looks like a really cool game though.

53 minutes ago, RepentantSky said:

RPG's are the spice of life in gaming. They have the most sub-genre's, there's no universal controls so they can all play differently, and each one has the ability to tell a great story while only relying on a few basic tropes. That is all. 

I agree completely you have amazing stories with good plot points of the time that are not to hard to advance to. Plus all you really did to do is be tactical, and not worry about to much flying across the screen.

Edited by ArchieKun

On 9/2/2018 at 4:29 PM, RepentantSky said:

RPG's are the spice of life in gaming. They have the most sub-genre's, there's no universal controls so they can all play differently, and each one has the ability to tell a great story while only relying on a few basic tropes. That is all. 

RPGs are actually the best genre of games, imho. Especially JRPGs, I love them. 

On 9/1/2018 at 5:26 PM, Greeneyes said:

Mmm watch me play and fail sometime

I think fail videos are in these days. And really hilarious videos of guys playing horror games then screaming their lungs off. Have you guys watched Poiised? I watch his videos sometimes while I go AFK fishing in Black Desert Online.

On 9/1/2018 at 1:44 AM, ArchieKun said:

Minecraft is amazing, and endless...

My brother recently resurrected his mc server and I've been sucked in again after avoiding it for several years.  :)

• Funny 1

1 hour ago, efaardvark said:

My brother recently resurrected his mc server and I've been sucked in again after avoiding it for several years.  :)

Just couldn't stay away huh. I love MC too though. As it stands I am not on any regular servers, but am taking my time. Not wanting to rush into it. Creative Mode is my favorite in MC. I like building castles, and large structures. How about you.

Alien Isolation is absolutely horrifying and the new R6 Season so far has been a blast!

Edit:

Whoops, wrong thread, but oh well. Alien Isolation is pretty damn great so far, too bad I'm a big puss with these type of games.

Edited by Decimo
I goofed

10 hours ago, ArchieKun said:

Just couldn't stay away huh. I love MC too though. As it stands I am not on any regular servers, but am taking my time. Not wanting to rush into it. Creative Mode is my favorite in MC. I like building castles, and large structures. How about you.

I get bored too easy in creative mode.  Usually when by myself I play hardcore survival.. and then proceed to try to build giant constructions as if I was in creative.  (I might have been a masochist in a previous life. 🤔My current multiplayer game on my brother's server is a hard mode survival game with large biomes so there's been a focus on exploration.  We (me & the people I play with) decided that was fine because while we're all MC veterans none of us had played for several years.  I personally hadn't played since horses were brand new (ca. 2013?).  At this point we're past the initial base-building phase and just having a good time exploring and discovering all the "new" stuff.  I love how pickles light up the coral reef biome for example.  The world spawn point was a beach between a coral ocean and hilly forest but we decided the local food needed augmentation so we've recently been on a Quest for Cookies.  Nobody's found a jungle biome (for the cocoa beans) yet tho.   I've got a secondary personal quest to find enough clay and cactus to make a giant Kerbal statue.  :D  Haven't figured out what I'll use for the orange jumpsuit yet though.  Farming enough pumpkins sounds like too much work.  Probably need to find a badlands biome for some orange terracotta first.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, efaardvark said:

I get bored too easy in creative mode.  Usually when by myself I play hardcore survival.. and then proceed to try to build giant constructions as if I was in creative.  (I might have been a masochist in a previous life. 🤔My current multiplayer game on my brother's server is a hard mode survival game with large biomes so there's been a focus on exploration.  We (me & the people I play with) decided that was fine because while we're all MC veterans none of us had played for several years.  I personally hadn't played since horses were brand new (ca. 2013?).  At this point we're past the initial base-building phase and just having a good time exploring and discovering all the "new" stuff.  I love how pickles light up the coral reef biome for example.  The world spawn point was a beach between a coral ocean and hilly forest but we decided the local food needed augmentation so we've recently been on a Quest for Cookies.  Nobody's found a jungle biome (for the cocoa beans) yet tho.   I've got a secondary personal quest to find enough clay and cactus to make a giant Kerbal statue.  :D  Haven't figured out what I'll use for the orange jumpsuit yet though.  Farming enough pumpkins sounds like too much work.  Probably need to find a badlands biome for some orange terracotta first.

Sounds like a good time forsure. I am not quite sure how long I would last in hardcore mode, but it is always worth a try sometime. I have been playing MC since version 1.8 off, and on. It is fun. I have built, and hosted several servers in my day. I honestly like the technical parts behind minecraft a lot. It encourges me to keep improving on my programing.