Hello~ Any gamers here?

Palatine

On 9/6/2018 at 3:01 PM, GenderBender said:

Does sitting around for 12 hours per day make me a gamer? hehe

If you're playing video games that entire time it makes you a hard core gaming junkie. Your well beyond just gamer at that point.

16 hours ago, Palatine said:

I've seen a video where they recreated Midgard from Final Fantasy VII. 

Now that is something I would like to see. Final Fantasy at least the older ones are amazing games. I have not seen a lot done with MC for them at all personally.

8 hours ago, ArchieKun said:

If you're playing video games that entire time it makes you a hard core gaming junkie. Your well beyond just gamer at that point.

Now that is something I would like to see. Final Fantasy at least the older ones are amazing games. I have not seen a lot done with MC for them at all personally.

It was amazing and took them 2 years, if I'm not mistaken. Their level of patience and dedication is astounding. I wonder if they can recreate Calpheon City in Minecraft too...

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Palatine said:

It was amazing and took them 2 years, if I'm not mistaken. Their level of patience and dedication is astounding. I wonder if they can recreate Calpheon City in Minecraft too...

Yah I love MC I have built many good things, but never an entire city. Though I have built a city like village.

5 hours ago, Palatine said:

My cousin bought the Spiderman game but it looks toned down compared to the trailers before. Did they reduce the quality of the graphics?

This sort of thing is very common with games now days. The trailers are often also enhanced with animation to make the game look better then its going to be upon resale. There is also the continued issue of the cut scenes often looking better then the game in terms of their rendering. This has been the case with all the newer GTA games as well as Gears of War, Uncharted, and the like.

On 9/10/2018 at 8:35 PM, ArchieKun said:

This sort of thing is very common with games now days. The trailers are often also enhanced with animation to make the game look better then its going to be upon resale. There is also the continued issue of the cut scenes often looking better then the game in terms of their rendering. This has been the case with all the newer GTA games as well as Gears of War, Uncharted, and the like.

Impressive trailer but the game itself is scheisse? Hmmm not happy about it. 

• Agree 1

23 minutes ago, Palatine said:

Impressive trailer but the game itself is scheisse? Hmmm not happy about it. 

I do not blame you in thee slightest. What other games have you encountered with this issue. I can think of one. ahem.. No Man Sky. Am I right. 😛

Well, didn't NMS also outright lie about the content ingame while other games just enhance the graphics for trailers? In case of some games, the devs are forced to downngrade the graphics because they didn't expect certain things to eat so many recources... especially a problem with large open world games

11 hours ago, leinwandname said:

Well, didn't NMS also outright lie about the content ingame while other games just enhance the graphics for trailers? In case of some games, the devs are forced to downngrade the graphics because they didn't expect certain things to eat so many recources... especially a problem with large open world games

That is very true, and downgrades can happy to make things more universal for porting purposes as some consoles, or computers are not always gonna treat the games the same way.

13 hours ago, ArchieKun said:

That is very true, and downgrades can happy to make things more universal for porting purposes as some consoles, or computers are not always gonna treat the games the same way.

Exactly. I mean, its still kinda not cool that they use some awesome graphics for promo when they know that they might have to downgrade it... On the other hand, people can also assume that the graphics are going to be downgraded when the game is still only halfway in development.

On 9/12/2018 at 3:30 PM, ArchieKun said:

I do not blame you in thee slightest. What other games have you encountered with this issue. I can think of one. ahem.. No Man Sky. Am I right. 😛

I haven't played that one, my cousin warned me off, he said it was absolutely scheisse. 

8 hours ago, Palatine said:

I haven't played that one, my cousin warned me off, he said it was absolutely scheisse. 

From at least one source I follow I have heard that it has gotten better from what it was at launch. Though that dose not diminish the issue that we did not get what we were promised. So in the end it really dose not matter.

I'm pretty much a gamer, playing on the PS4, XBs and PC. For JRPGs the PS4 is my go too, currently I'm playing P5. On the Xbox monster hunter world, lost odyssey (360 back compat), dishonoured 2, blue dragon (back compat 360), panzer dragoon orta (original xbox) and others as well. For the PC guild wars 2.   

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Bloop said:

I'm pretty much a gamer, playing on the PS4, XBs and PC. For JRPGs the PS4 is my go too, currently I'm playing P5. On the Xbox monster hunter world, lost odyssey (360 back compat), dishonoured 2, blue dragon (back compat 360), panzer dragoon orta (original xbox) and others as well. For the PC guild wars 2.   

I have played through some of P5 gotta say great game on its own, but its gotta be my thrid favorite in the Persona series. I also have to say when I saw you say Guild Wars 2 I instantly had a nostalgia feeling that completely overwhelmed me. :)

On ‎9‎/‎17‎/‎2018 at 3:10 AM, ArchieKun said:

I have played through some of P5 gotta say great game on its own, but its gotta be my thrid favorite in the Persona series. I also have to say when I saw you say Guild Wars 2 I instantly had a nostalgia feeling that completely overwhelmed me. :)

Yeah it is a great game :), I've only played P4 (which is still my fav). Oh, were you a long time player or played gw1?. If you did play gw2, but dropped it at some point early on. As a long time player, the game has changed a lot over the years.   

• Like 1

On 9/19/2018 at 9:55 PM, Bloop said:

Yeah it is a great game :), I've only played P4 (which is still my fav). Oh, were you a long time player or played gw1?. If you did play gw2, but dropped it at some point early on. As a long time player, the game has changed a lot over the years.   

Yah I mean I tried WoW in its earlier years as well as Guild Wars back in 07, or something like that. I personally just don't like either at least playing them. I don't mind watching from time to time though. I love rp, and RPGs, but MMOs just take way to much time for me personally. I do understand why they are still so popular though.

On ‎9‎/‎21‎/‎2018 at 4:19 AM, ArchieKun said:

Yah I mean I tried WoW in its earlier years as well as Guild Wars back in 07, or something like that. I personally just don't like either at least playing them. I don't mind watching from time to time though. I love rp, and RPGs, but MMOs just take way to much time for me personally. I do understand why they are still so popular though.

Ah okay. Yeah MMOs are a real time sink. The reason why I can play other games is because GW2 is more casual (it helps that it isn't a sub based game too) and I guess it's more to do with the reason that I'm guildless and friendless in GW2. Don't get me wrong I've been in several guilds and met quite a number of ppl. However, the ppl I've met they don't stick around and guilds after 4.5 yrs I found myself doing the same thing, being the one or contribute to guild/ guild chat, but not connecting with anyone. And if I did, then it's the former, met someone then see them leave.

5 years ago I said to myself I'll be guildless and friendless. 5 years later, I'm guildless and friendless xDD. Funny thing is, I do hold one guild close to me. I owe them for helping me overcome my shyness (at least most of it, still shy here and there) xDD.    

Anyone interested at all in the upcoming Soul Calibur game or franchise in general? It recently caught my attention and looks like a blast. Played the beta test and got whooped though lol.

Also if anyone plans on getting the new AC, lemme know. I'd love to hear your thoughts about it in the near-future. (Although I don't plan on getting it myself till much later)

Edited by Decimo
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Decimo said:

Anyone interested at all in the upcoming Soul Calibur game or franchise in general. It recently caught my attention and looks like a blast. Played the beta test and got whooped though lol.

Also if anyone plans on getting the new AC, lemme know. I'd love to hear your thoughts about it in the near-future. (Although I don't plan on getting it myself till much later)

Soul Calibur looks interesting from what I have seen of it though I haven't tried the beta. I'll definitely have to look further into this series.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Decimo said:

Anyone interested at all in the upcoming Soul Calibur game or franchise in general? It recently caught my attention and looks like a blast. Played the beta test and got whooped though lol.

Yup, looking forward to it. Raphael became an instant fav along with Seung Mina. I haven't played any of the newer AC games since ACIII.   

• Like 1

• 3 years later...
On 8/24/2018 at 2:35 AM, Palatine said:

Do you also play games when you're not watching anime or reading manga? If yes, what games do you play and which one eats up your time?

Lately, I've been spending time playing Black Desert Online. The graphics are nice and sometimes I just log in to enjoy the scenery while downloading my favorite anime. They just released a remastered version and I have to say that it looks better than before. Would you like to see the trailer?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_g6XCLNQl_w

When I'm on my mobile I play Fate/Grand Order. Sadly, no Illya. 😪

I play Splatoon 2, Splatoon 2 Octo Expansion, Super Smash Brothers Ultimate, Super Smash Brothers Brawl, The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess, The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword, among other games. I own a Nintendo Switch and a Wii. Plus, I also have an online membership for my switch.