Do you have IRL friends who watch anime?

anime4eva

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Most people at my work watch anime and I hear them discussing it pretty often, so yeah I'm around a lot of anime fans on a daily basis. My best friend and my sister are also both into anime. 

• Like 1

• 1 year later...

I have quite a few friends and acquaintances IRL who like anime. This wasn't always the case, I think I found most of these friends late in HS, some from different jobs I have worked and also from University. 

It is nice to find those IRL who you can relate to and discuss upcoming shows with. That being said, most of our tastes have changed, and a lot of us have moved further apart (literally and metaphorically). IRL is nice especially if you are interested in going to conventions. We have a pretty good generic comic con here which I liked attending. I'm a huge artist alley fan and having others with you to enjoy that is always a plus. 

• 3 weeks later...

My fiance and 4 friends. My fiance watches anime every day and 1 of my friends does as well. I'll watch anime and pretty much play any anime game that I can find. I also have plushies, pop funko and figurines that are all anime related. 

I have a group of friends that we meet up every year to go to our local anime convention but due to current events we had to skip it. they're practically neighbors to each other I'm the only one some distance away. In my area we're under a no travel unless its necessity order but even if that weren't the case I can't to drive. So its been over a year since I've seen them

Edited by Argas

Yes i do have some friends who are into anime but non watch as much as i do thats why i joined this forum to interact with some fellow otakus. So please feel free to message or talk to me about any anime related stuff i would love to have a nice chat

19 hours ago, 0mega0_0 said:

Yes i do have some friends who are into anime but non watch as much as i do thats why i joined this forum to interact with some fellow otakus. So please feel free to message or talk to me about any anime related stuff i would love to have a nice chat

Same hope you find what you're looking for dig the avatar by the way

• Like 1

I feel like liking anime isn't a taboo or anything bad anymore so having people around you who at least occasionally watch anime isn't that rare. Or maybe that is just my experience?

2 hours ago, Argas said:

Same hope you find what you're looking for dig the avatar by the way

thanks man ur avatar is just as great. i too am into Rem top tier waifu

2 hours ago, riceball said:

I feel like liking anime isn't a taboo or anything bad anymore so having people around you who at least occasionally watch anime isn't that rare. Or maybe that is just my experience?

from what I've seen its a matter of where you live and type of people living there. Where I am currently its treated as odd unless you in teens.

• Agree 1

10 minutes ago, Argas said:

from what I've seen its a matter of where you live and type of people living there. Where I am currently its treated as odd unless you in teens.

For me both my parents are animators so they like animes wwith good quality animations or just a different art style... tho yeah some ppl still think i watch kids tv shows 

No, need friends for that to happen lol. However, the people that I use to hangout with at an anime club kind of stopped watching it. It’s kind of sad. I know some are embarrassed about liking anime since newer anime fans put the whole fandom in a poor light.  Even if they liked anime, they forced themselves to stop it because of that. 

6 minutes ago, OldAnimeFan said:

No, need friends for that to happen lol. However, the people that I use to hangout with at an anime club kind of stopped watching it. It’s kind of sad. I know some are embarrassed about liking anime since newer anime fans put the whole fandom in a poor light.  Even if they liked anime, they forced themselves to stop it because of that. 

@OldAnimeFan NEVER, NEVER last FOREVER. FOREVER NEVER last FOREVER. It's probably for the best.

Edited by Sauron
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, 0mega0_0 said:

For me both my parents are animators so they like animes wwith good quality animations or just a different art style... tho yeah some ppl still think i watch kids tv shows 

kids tv huh I wish that was what people though it was I usually have to explain how not all anime is hentai I wish i was joking

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

12 hours ago, Argas said:

Oh yeah, that is true. Some places are a lot more conservative than others, especially if it's a smaller community. Very sad, i have to say, it's such a harmless hobby.

I feel so lonely reading this thread xD I have had one friend who absolutely adored ramance and shojo anime and for me it's just...meh. I'm more an action type. The same is with my sister, she watches anime but only the kind I'm not interested in. So, yeah, I'm basically a lone wolf /:P I often spam my dear non-anime-watcher friends, but they simply get bored and it's obviously not quite as fun as talking to ppl who know what I'm talking about or referring to,, yeah life is tough :P 

I was the president for the anime club back in high school, and a lot of people from there still talk with me but life catches up to us all and it has been hard getting together to do otaku things. Usually meet a lot of people at cons but not very many actually care to stay in touch tho the few that do I have a lot of fun with doing non-otaku things which is weird. I honestly cannot wait for cons to start running again.