anime4eva

Do you have IRL friends who watch anime?

I have a few. We mostly talk about other things, although sometimes i'll rave about one i'm watching haha

• Like 1

yes my sister was a weeb before me then her anime suggestions eventually made me like anime also i got 2 of my other friends to become weebs.

Most people at my work watch anime and I hear them discussing it pretty often, so yeah I'm around a lot of anime fans on a daily basis. My best friend and my sister are also both into anime. 

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

Not too many. Around the time I started watching anime it was a rarity to find others that knew what it was in my area. It was difficult to find anyone that had seen anime that predated shows like Sailor Moon or DBZ. I was stuck discussing DBZ and Pokemon most of the times. Later, when we grew apart beyond school, I probably had one or two people at work that talked about anime. I have siblings but they never really got into it. Funny enough, when my mother was recovering from surgery at my place, she popped in a few Studio Ghibli films and was hooked. Kiki's Delivery Service, Howl's Moving Castle and Nausicaä of the Valley of the Wind are her favorites. Recently she saw A Silent Voice and Carole & Tuesday. 😆

Edited by Zila
  • Like 1
  • Cool (Kakkoii) 1

I have quite a few friends and acquaintances IRL who like anime. This wasn't always the case, I think I found most of these friends late in HS, some from different jobs I have worked and also from University. 

It is nice to find those IRL who you can relate to and discuss upcoming shows with. That being said, most of our tastes have changed, and a lot of us have moved further apart (literally and metaphorically). IRL is nice especially if you are interested in going to conventions. We have a pretty good generic comic con here which I liked attending. I'm a huge artist alley fan and having others with you to enjoy that is always a plus. 

14 hours ago, Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄ƷNeoNƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ said:

I have no friends at least not real ones only ppl I met online and occasionally talk to. My uncle likes anime....

I'm sorry, Neon. I've no doubt you'll find others that share your passion. :) It takes time to find the right people to be intimate with and it's not always a smooth and easy journey. Always be true to yourself! 💕