What games are you playing or looking forward to play?

Palatine

So what games are you looking forward to playing this year? What are you currently playing now?

I'm an avid Black Desert Online player, but I also play Fate/Grand Order and Honkai Impact on my mobile. I'm looking forward to playing the following games:

NieR: Automata (will be gifted by my uncle)
Devil May Cry 5
Resident Evil VII (actually NO, I have feeling I'll pass out but I'll get NieR: Automata as a gift if I play RE VII)

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Palatine said:

So what games are you looking forward to playing this year? What are you currently playing now?

I'm an avid Black Desert Online player, but I also play Fate/Grand Order and Honkai Impact on my mobile. I'm looking forward to playing the following games:

Devil May Cry 5
Resident Evil VII (actually NO, I have feeling I'll pass out but I'll get NieR: Automata as a gift if I play RE VII)

Currently: games i play are FGO, FEH, alchemist code,  not much of an online player nowadays due to school, also no one to play with so i just dont bother~

Games im looking forward to are sekiro, shadows die twice (it looks so much like a darksouls x tenchu and its so sexy), and code vein

Well I am always, and forever playing Minecraft that never ends.

Though as far as games with more of a story/campain I am going to star playing the god of war series in order within a day or two as well as Gears of War. I am looking most forward to gears5, I am also going to replay P4, and P5 as well.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, XII360 said:

Currently: games i play are FGO, FEH, alchemist code,  not much of an online player nowadays due to school, also no one to play with so i just dont bother~

Games im looking forward to are sekiro, shadows die twice (it looks so much like a darksouls x tenchu and its so sexy), and code vein

FGO NA or JP? 
I'll be looking up Sekiro, sounds interesting.

30 minutes ago, ArchieKun said:

Well I am always, and forever playing Minecraft that never ends.

Though as far as games with more of a story/campain I am going to star playing the god of war series in order within a day or two as well as Gears of War. I am looking most forward to gears5, I am also going to replay P4, and P5 as well.

I saw that there will be a Gears of War 5?

1 minute ago, Palatine said:

FGO NA or JP? 

I saw that there will be a Gears of War 5?

Yes Gears of War 5 is slated for next year 4 ended on a decent note, but only leaving me wanting more.

1 hour ago, Palatine said:

FGO NA or JP? 

NA, im reading through and would rather understand what im doing than follow.some guide online <.>

It 100% is, wont be released till next year tho'

On 8/30/2018 at 5:09 PM, XII360 said:

NA, im reading through and would rather understand what im doing than follow.some guide online <.>

It 100% is, wont be released till next year tho'

Oh OK, I'll still spend time on Black Desert Online then. i just bought my first boat so I'm thinking about exploring the sea for a change. I just hope I don't encounter sea monsters.

• Like 1

Looking forward to: God of war, Nier Automata, Gravity rush 1 & 2, SF5 AE, Gang beasts (with friends), NUNS4, Injustice 2, For Honour, Star wars battlefront 2. 

Playing: Tekken 7, DS3. 

Edited by SAO LILDOOP

On 8/30/2018 at 8:41 AM, Palatine said:

Devil May Cry 5

i'm also looking forward DMC 5 ( just the ost makes me have goose bumps), also sekiro and cyberpunk seems interesting

On 9/1/2018 at 2:05 AM, AmeNoRyu said:

i'm also looking forward DMC 5 ( just the ost makes me have goose bumps), also sekiro and cyberpunk seems interesting

oh, a fellow Dante fan. I'm looking forward to Sekiro too, the visuals look good like Black Desert Online and I'm always interested in games that show other cultures. Cyberpunk feels like Grand Theft Auto (haven't played it but have seen it numerous times to be familiar) so I'll probably pass on that. Deus Ex looks better imho. 

• Like 1

On 9/1/2018 at 8:06 PM, Palatine said:

My uncle plays that too from time to time and really enjoys it. I think we can consider PS1 games to be retro now?

Even PS2 games are almost retro haha. But it seems like a lot of new games (at least from my very brief glances anyway) seem to go for a bit of that retro feel, it's kinda cool!

I just signed up for PSNow yesterday, they've got a deal for new subscribers that the first month is only 9.99. It's honestly a great option for me because my attention tends to jump all over the place and I can't really afford to be buying games all the time. So the 19.99/month subscrition for a bunch of different games is great for me.

I played a bit of Guilty Gear and BlazBlue yesterday real quick, and I'll be exploring more into other stuff soon too (added a few games to my list). It feels like Netflix for games haha

2 hours ago, Kohloo said:

Even PS2 games are almost retro haha. But it seems like a lot of new games (at least from my very brief glances anyway) seem to go for a bit of that retro feel, it's kinda cool!

I just signed up for PSNow yesterday, they've got a deal for new subscribers that the first month is only 9.99. It's honestly a great option for me because my attention tends to jump all over the place and I can't really afford to be buying games all the time. So the 19.99/month subscrition for a bunch of different games is great for me.

I played a bit of Guilty Gear and BlazBlue yesterday real quick, and I'll be exploring more into other stuff soon too (added a few games to my list). It feels like Netflix for games haha

I'm not very good with fighting games but I loved some of the characters from that series, especially Bridget and Noel.
I wouldn't call God of War retro, unless I want Kratos to rip me in half. 😂
Currently deciding if I'll give Closers a try.

On 8/29/2018 at 11:41 PM, Palatine said:

Playing now:  Minecraft - speaking of retro - and of course Kerbal Space Program.

Looking ahead... hard to say.  I've been busy and really haven't had time to check out what's coming up.  My computer "needs" a hardware update so I was kind of planning(?) on waiting until the end of this year or the beginning of next to get into that process, which would include checking out what's out there in games.   (Because we all know games drive hardware requirements, right? :D )  I run linux on my main system so I've also been waiting for Vulkan to get here & maybe bring some of those Windows games my way.  I could get into games like No Man's Sky, Conan Exiles, or Space Engineers if I could run them on my rig, but I've got too much other stuff - including for work - on it to dump linux for W10.

10 hours ago, Kohloo said:

I started playing Catherine last night

I can play that game over, and over. Atlus us just amazing when it comes to their games. I wish they would make more games like that with a more adult themed story. Even in Japan that seems to be rare for ntheir JRPG, amd in Catherine's case puzzle games.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ArchieKun said:

I can play that game over, and over. Atlus us just amazing when it comes to their games. I wish they would make more games like that with a more adult themed story. Even in Japan that seems to be rare for ntheir JRPG, amd in Catherine's case puzzle games.

I honestly had absolutely no idea what I was even slightly getting myself into when I started playing it. I can already tell though that I'm going to have a lot of fun replaying it in the future. I have it on Easy though

• Funny 1

6 minutes ago, Kohloo said:

I honestly had absolutely no idea what I was even slightly getting myself into when I started playing it. I can already tell though that I'm going to have a lot of fun replaying it in the future. I have it on Easy though

Its a great game worthy of a series of them forsure. Though sadly Atlus wants to go in a different direction with their games after finally finishing P5.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Palatine said:

Checking it out. The only games I am aware of from Atlus are the Persona series and Evil Zone. 

Oh yeah, I've played Persona 3 a little bit, years ago. I've always wanted to play more of the Persona stuff

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Palatine said:

Checking it out. The only games I am aware of from Atlus are the Persona series and Evil Zone. 

Atlus actully has had quite a few game series, but Persona is the main popular one outside Japan. Bevel it or not they even dud a racing game to combat against Mario kart called Snowboard kids. They did make other series like the Digial Devil saga, and Nocturn as well. Both are really good series which are also spin offs of the smt original series like Persona.

5 minutes ago, Kohloo said:

Oh yeah, I've played Persona 3 a little bit, years ago. I've always wanted to play more of the Persona stuff

P3 is amazing forsure honestly for me it is as good as P4 for different reasons since it is a entirely different story type.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, ArchieKun said:

Atlus actully has had quite a few game series, but Persona is the main popular one outside Japan. Bevel it or not they even dud a racing game to combat against Mario kart called Snowboard kids. They did make other series like the Digial Devil saga, and Nocturn as well. Both are really good series which are also spin offs of the smt original series like Persona.

P3 is amazing forsure honestly for me it is as good as P4 for different reasons since it is a entirely different story type.

You are referring to the Shin Megami Tensei series (which has Nocturne, Digital Devil Saga, Devil Summoner, Persona, and many more under it's umbrella).  I love those series.  Atlus is one of the few publishers/developers that I will purchase from without researching the game first.  If it has their name on it, I know it will be a quality game that I will enjoy.  That is how good they are. 

I'm...playing Stardew Valley and hoping I didn't sleep too late to have my first child lol...  Got lofty goals for this playthrough.  Will probably not do much playing for the next few weeks though.

• Like 1