What games are you playing or looking forward to play?

Palatine

6 hours ago, Beocat said:

You are referring to the Shin Megami Tensei series (which has Nocturne, Digital Devil Saga, Devil Summoner, Persona, and many more under it's umbrella).  I love those series.  Atlus is one of the few publishers/developers that I will purchase from without researching the game first.  If it has their name on it, I know it will be a quality game that I will enjoy.  That is how good they are. 

I'm...playing Stardew Valley and hoping I didn't sleep too late to have my first child lol...  Got lofty goals for this playthrough.  Will probably not do much playing for the next few weeks though.

Oh I know right I forgot to mention devil summoner sorry about that. Yah I am basicily a atlus fan boy, and not afraid to admit it.

Another JRPGs series I really like is Tales OF though I probably mentioned that already. Has anyone played Star Ocean as well.

8 minutes ago, ArchieKun said:

Another JRPGs series I really like is Tales OF though I probably mentioned that already. Has anyone played Star Ocean as well.

Tales is classic :) Star Ocean I played and loved until the one with Edge Maverick (Last Hope). The only other game I complained about so much was probably DQ8. Edge was and did everything a Captain shouldn't do and I critiqued him nonstop. I couldn't enjoy it for his existence. Then the girl takes over, does a great job, I am digging her awesomeness and competence, then rolls over to let him take it back and screw everything up all over again. That was my last Star Ocean game....  ~sighs~ And I loved that series. Wasn't there a new one that came out recently? Anyone played it yet?

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Beocat said:

Tales is classic :) Star Ocean I played and loved until the one with Edge Maverick (Last Hope). The only other game I complained about so much was probably DQ8. Edge was and did everything a Captain shouldn't do and I critiqued him nonstop. I couldn't enjoy it for his existence. Then the girl takes over, does a great job, I am digging her awesomeness and competence, then rolls over to let him take it back and screw everything up all over again. That was my last Star Ocean game....  ~sighs~ And I loved that series. Wasn't there a new one that came out recently? Anyone played it yet?

Yah its good series. I have played all of them, and enjoyed them. Though I do understand where your coming from. What other JRPG series do you enjoy.

4 hours ago, ArchieKun said:

Yah its good series. I have played all of them, and enjoyed them. Though I do understand where your coming from. What other JRPG series do you enjoy.

I love the Atelier Series, but have collected tons of other series on my list to someday play through (like Xenosaga, Wild Arms, Artonelico?, Suikoden (when I find a disc without a glitch).  I tend to play a lot of games not in series (like Radiata Stories, Okage, Skies of Arcadia, Rogue Galaxy, and so on) because it is simply easier to pick up and play for the story without being lost (like Kingdom Hearts you needed to know Chain of Memories which was on a different console and all to understand). I have hundreds of games. My plan is to play them in my retirement lol....at least I will be keeping my mind sharp.

I must say, while I truly enjoy JRPGs, I absolutely hate thier tendency to spread out titles across every concievable Japanese platform. I refuse to buy a handheld device to continue a story and it is a cheap move on the marketing department.  That is one place where most WRPGs far outclass JRPGs without even trying.  

Edited by Beocat
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, Beocat said:

I love the Atelier Series, but have collected tons of other series on my list to someday play through (like Xenosaga, Wild Arms, Artonelico?, Suikoden (when I find a disc without a glitch).  I tend to play a lot of games not in series (like Radiata Stories, Okage, Skies of Arcadia, Rogue Galaxy, and so on) because it is simply easier to pick up and play for the story without being lost (like Kingdom Hearts you needed to know Chain of Memories which was on a different console and all to understand). I have hundreds of games. My plan is to play them in my retirement lol....at least I will be keeping my mind sharp.

I must say, while I truly enjoy JRPGs, I absolutely hate thier tendency to spread out titles across every concievable Japanese platform. I refuse to buy a handheld device to continue a story and it is a cheap move on the marketing department.  That is one place where most WRPGs far outclass JRPGs without even trying.  

Yah that is a downside of them. Though in a lot of people that are very serious JRPG players already have a lot of the consoles they support. In the case of rechain of memories in was also re-released for the ps2 later on. I do see where your cumming from though it can be annoying. You also gave me a few games to look further into though. :)

40 minutes ago, ArchieKun said:

Yah that is a downside of them. Though in a lot of people that are very serious JRPG players already have a lot of the consoles they support. In the case of rechain of memories in was also re-released for the ps2 later on. I do see where your cumming from though it can be annoying. You also gave me a few games to look further into though. :)

I have a ton of consoles, but I simply don't do handhelds.  My eyes are bad enough, with enough strain already.  I have never enjoyed playing on a small screen and likely never will.  I did get a Nintendo DS and played it on occasion when traveling (loved Etrian Odyssey) but even that was too small for my tastes and I never really felt immersed with it.  Still, most will start on a mainstream console like the PlayStation, then the sequel will be on a handheld, then the sequel's sequel will be on another handheld, then the next sequel after that comes back to the PlayStation.  So frustrating.  I remember when Persona 3 came out on the PSP with a female playable protagonist....I was so mad.  Sure I have it on the PS2 but not with a female protagonist.  -_- Which ones were you going to look into?

2 hours ago, Beocat said:

I have a ton of consoles, but I simply don't do handhelds.  My eyes are bad enough, with enough strain already.  I have never enjoyed playing on a small screen and likely never will.  I did get a Nintendo DS and played it on occasion when traveling (loved Etrian Odyssey) but even that was too small for my tastes and I never really felt immersed with it.  Still, most will start on a mainstream console like the PlayStation, then the sequel will be on a handheld, then the sequel's sequel will be on another handheld, then the next sequel after that comes back to the PlayStation.  So frustrating.  I remember when Persona 3 came out on the PSP with a female playable protagonist....I was so mad.  Sure I have it on the PS2 but not with a female protagonist.  -_- Which ones were you going to look into?

Ya the Persona portables were not to good with the exception of Persona 4 the golden which in my mind should have been on a console rather then a handheld, but what are you gonna do. I see you point handhelds aren't for everyone, and a lot of people had issues with the 3DS so they made the 2ds which was an improvement but still small.

On 9/11/2018 at 1:04 AM, Beocat said:

Xenosaga was a bit of a disappointment for me. I'm still waiting for the next Suikoden game which may come out after half a millennium. 

• 6 months later...

The visuals on this one look awesome, and while fantasy isn't really my thing the co-op play and building aspects could be.  This is a pre-production (i.e. wishful thinking) trailer so of course take it with a grain of salt.  Still...

• Awesome (Sugoi) 1

1 hour ago, efaardvark said:

The visuals on this one look awesome, and while fantasy isn't really my thing the co-op play and building aspects could be.  This is a pre-production (i.e. wishful thinking) trailer so of course take it with a grain of salt.  Still...

Wow this looks like all the best parts of monster hunter- but without the scary beasts I run from 🤣🤣 and way better graphics 

I am almost always playing Super Smash Bros. Ultimate. I've also been playing Final Fantasy VII and I've been in love with it

As for games im looking forward to, Fire Emblem Three Houses and Astral Chain both for the Switch look pretty good. Also kinda looking forward to the FF7 remake and im hoping they'll put it on the switch as well, but idk

I'm going to be honest. I have not enjoyed a Star Wars game since The Force Unleashed, I don't know why maybe the Battlefront games aren't my liking but they never gave me that feeling I got from playing TFU. this new game coming out, Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order, seems to give that feeling again.

• 2 years later...