Jump to content
Palatine

What games are you playing or looking forward to play?

Recommended Posts

Right now, I'm playing Marvel's Spider-man, Dragon Quest XI, and Yo-kai Blasters.

 

Hoping to finish one or two of those before long because I'm looking forward to Shadow of the Tomb Raider, Mega Man 11, Luigi's Mansion, Spyro and Soul Calibur VI.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Beocat said:

You are referring to the Shin Megami Tensei series (which has Nocturne, Digital Devil Saga, Devil Summoner, Persona, and many more under it's umbrella).  I love those series.  Atlus is one of the few publishers/developers that I will purchase from without researching the game first.  If it has their name on it, I know it will be a quality game that I will enjoy.  That is how good they are. 

 

I'm...playing Stardew Valley and hoping I didn't sleep too late to have my first child lol...  Got lofty goals for this playthrough.  Will probably not do much playing for the next few weeks though.

Oh I know right I forgot to mention devil summoner sorry about that. Yah I am basicily a atlus fan boy, and not afraid to admit it.

Another JRPGs series I really like is Tales OF though I probably mentioned that already. Has anyone played Star Ocean as well.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, ArchieKun said:

 

Another JRPGs series I really like is Tales OF though I probably mentioned that already. Has anyone played Star Ocean as well.

Tales is classic :) Star Ocean I played and loved until the one with Edge Maverick (Last Hope). The only other game I complained about so much was probably DQ8. Edge was and did everything a Captain shouldn't do and I critiqued him nonstop. I couldn't enjoy it for his existence. Then the girl takes over, does a great job, I am digging her awesomeness and competence, then rolls over to let him take it back and screw everything up all over again. That was my last Star Ocean game....  ~sighs~ And I loved that series. Wasn't there a new one that came out recently? Anyone played it yet?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Beocat said:

Tales is classic :) Star Ocean I played and loved until the one with Edge Maverick (Last Hope). The only other game I complained about so much was probably DQ8. Edge was and did everything a Captain shouldn't do and I critiqued him nonstop. I couldn't enjoy it for his existence. Then the girl takes over, does a great job, I am digging her awesomeness and competence, then rolls over to let him take it back and screw everything up all over again. That was my last Star Ocean game....  ~sighs~ And I loved that series. Wasn't there a new one that came out recently? Anyone played it yet?

Yah its good series. I have played all of them, and enjoyed them. Though I do understand where your coming from. What other JRPG series do you enjoy.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, ArchieKun said:

Yah its good series. I have played all of them, and enjoyed them. Though I do understand where your coming from. What other JRPG series do you enjoy.

I love the Atelier Series, but have collected tons of other series on my list to someday play through (like Xenosaga, Wild Arms, Artonelico?, Suikoden (when I find a disc without a glitch).  I tend to play a lot of games not in series (like Radiata Stories, Okage, Skies of Arcadia, Rogue Galaxy, and so on) because it is simply easier to pick up and play for the story without being lost (like Kingdom Hearts you needed to know Chain of Memories which was on a different console and all to understand). I have hundreds of games. My plan is to play them in my retirement lol....at least I will be keeping my mind sharp.

 

I must say, while I truly enjoy JRPGs, I absolutely hate thier tendency to spread out titles across every concievable Japanese platform. I refuse to buy a handheld device to continue a story and it is a cheap move on the marketing department.  That is one place where most WRPGs far outclass JRPGs without even trying.  

Edited by Beocat
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Beocat said:

I love the Atelier Series, but have collected tons of other series on my list to someday play through (like Xenosaga, Wild Arms, Artonelico?, Suikoden (when I find a disc without a glitch).  I tend to play a lot of games not in series (like Radiata Stories, Okage, Skies of Arcadia, Rogue Galaxy, and so on) because it is simply easier to pick up and play for the story without being lost (like Kingdom Hearts you needed to know Chain of Memories which was on a different console and all to understand). I have hundreds of games. My plan is to play them in my retirement lol....at least I will be keeping my mind sharp.

 

I must say, while I truly enjoy JRPGs, I absolutely hate thier tendency to spread out titles across every concievable Japanese platform. I refuse to buy a handheld device to continue a story and it is a cheap move on the marketing department.  That is one place where most WRPGs far outclass JRPGs without even trying.  

Yah that is a downside of them. Though in a lot of people that are very serious JRPG players already have a lot of the consoles they support. In the case of rechain of memories in was also re-released for the ps2 later on. I do see where your cumming from though it can be annoying. You also gave me a few games to look further into though. :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, ArchieKun said:

Yah that is a downside of them. Though in a lot of people that are very serious JRPG players already have a lot of the consoles they support. In the case of rechain of memories in was also re-released for the ps2 later on. I do see where your cumming from though it can be annoying. You also gave me a few games to look further into though. :)

I have a ton of consoles, but I simply don't do handhelds.  My eyes are bad enough, with enough strain already.  I have never enjoyed playing on a small screen and likely never will.  I did get a Nintendo DS and played it on occasion when traveling (loved Etrian Odyssey) but even that was too small for my tastes and I never really felt immersed with it.  Still, most will start on a mainstream console like the PlayStation, then the sequel will be on a handheld, then the sequel's sequel will be on another handheld, then the next sequel after that comes back to the PlayStation.  So frustrating.  I remember when Persona 3 came out on the PSP with a female playable protagonist....I was so mad.  Sure I have it on the PS2 but not with a female protagonist.  -_- Which ones were you going to look into?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Beocat said:

I have a ton of consoles, but I simply don't do handhelds.  My eyes are bad enough, with enough strain already.  I have never enjoyed playing on a small screen and likely never will.  I did get a Nintendo DS and played it on occasion when traveling (loved Etrian Odyssey) but even that was too small for my tastes and I never really felt immersed with it.  Still, most will start on a mainstream console like the PlayStation, then the sequel will be on a handheld, then the sequel's sequel will be on another handheld, then the next sequel after that comes back to the PlayStation.  So frustrating.  I remember when Persona 3 came out on the PSP with a female playable protagonist....I was so mad.  Sure I have it on the PS2 but not with a female protagonist.  -_- Which ones were you going to look into?

Ya the Persona portables were not to good with the exception of Persona 4 the golden which in my mind should have been on a console rather then a handheld, but what are you gonna do. I see you point handhelds aren't for everyone, and a lot of people had issues with the 3DS so they made the 2ds which was an improvement but still small.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/11/2018 at 1:04 AM, Beocat said:

I love the Atelier Series, but have collected tons of other series on my list to someday play through (like Xenosaga, Wild Arms, Artonelico?, Suikoden (when I find a disc without a glitch).  I tend to play a lot of games not in series (like Radiata Stories, Okage, Skies of Arcadia, Rogue Galaxy, and so on) because it is simply easier to pick up and play for the story without being lost (like Kingdom Hearts you needed to know Chain of Memories which was on a different console and all to understand). I have hundreds of games. My plan is to play them in my retirement lol....at least I will be keeping my mind sharp.

 

I must say, while I truly enjoy JRPGs, I absolutely hate thier tendency to spread out titles across every concievable Japanese platform. I refuse to buy a handheld device to continue a story and it is a cheap move on the marketing department.  That is one place where most WRPGs far outclass JRPGs without even trying.  

Xenosaga was a bit of a disappointment for me. I'm still waiting for the next Suikoden game which may come out after half a millennium. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So I suddenly developed this obsession for World War II so if I'm not playing Black Desert Online I'm busy with Company of Heroes.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Tonight I will be tackling the final parts of Paper Mario. I know its old school, but hay its a classic meant to live through the ages. :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The visuals on this one look awesome, and while fantasy isn't really my thing the co-op play and building aspects could be.  This is a pre-production (i.e. wishful thinking) trailer so of course take it with a grain of salt.  Still...

 

  • Awesome (Sugoi) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, efaardvark said:

The visuals on this one look awesome, and while fantasy isn't really my thing the co-op play and building aspects could be.  This is a pre-production (i.e. wishful thinking) trailer so of course take it with a grain of salt.  Still...

 

Wow this looks like all the best parts of monster hunter- but without the scary beasts I run from 🤣🤣 and way better graphics 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I am almost always playing Super Smash Bros. Ultimate. I've also been playing Final Fantasy VII and I've been in love with it

As for games im looking forward to, Fire Emblem Three Houses and Astral Chain both for the Switch look pretty good. Also kinda looking forward to the FF7 remake and im hoping they'll put it on the switch as well, but idk

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Currently playing Breath of Fire 2 on my 2DS XL. Probably one of my favorite RPGs along with Chrono Trigger.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm going to be honest. I have not enjoyed a Star Wars game since The Force Unleashed, I don't know why maybe the Battlefront games aren't my liking but they never gave me that feeling I got from playing TFU. this new game coming out, Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order, seems to give that feeling again.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My two most anticipated games of this year are Gears 5 and Borderlands 3.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Today it is Minecraft.  Farming turtles for scutes.

2019-04-21_13_40_26.thumb.png.df78cdbea4f524216212b6d1cd017f25.png

Babies!

2019-04-21_13_49_48.thumb.png.58ea9577d97c862b487628c9eff97337.png

Edited by efaardvark

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Looking forward to the new Mortal Kombat 11 and Days Gone. Got them suckers preordered! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Looking forward to getting Mortal Kombat 11. At least I won't have to reinstall Persona 5 until 2020. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Similar Content

    • By HakuUzumaki
      This is my dream wrestling game. 
      The game where you create your own Wrestling Federation or Promotion.
       
      OWNER MODE:
       Create an Owner.
      Create a Federation
      Create a logo
      Create a shows
      Create a PPVs
      Create championships
      Create a Rosters
      Create a Tags or Factions
       
      GM MODE:
      -Daft 
      -Shake up
      -Trade
      Choose Championships
      Manager MODE:
      Managed 10 superstars to become Legends. You could get Managers' abilities.
      Referee MODE:
      Tried your best at being a fair referee or you could go down the heel referee.
      Wrestler MODE:
      You are a wrestler. Your goal is to become the Hall of fame. After that you had four options after that.
      You either become GM or Manager or Referee or retried for good.
       
      CREATION MODES:
      Create a Wrestler
      Create a Show
      Create a Promotion
      Create a Championship
      Create a Stadium
    • By Kay_Kueen
      Hello! I'm Kay but I also go by Blue in some places, like Discord. I actually go by both names there, too, lmao.
      ANYWAY 
      I enjoy anime, as I'm sure you can guess because I'm here. I also enjoy video games and roleplaying (mostly on Discord or Tumblr). I'm a female so I prefer she/her based pronouns. I'm not too picky about it, however, but yeah. When it comes to anime, I sort of prefer the action/adventure ones with a comedic edge and an unearthly vibe to it, like magic or demons. Just something that isn't purely normal human stuff. With games, I have the same preference and love open world types, such as the infamous Elder Scrolls or Fable.
      That's it about me for now. As I get to know you guys, I'll likely reveal more about me! ^-^
    • By efaardvark
      If you haven't already, go watch Dennou Coil, aka Cyber Coil.  It is kind of a fun sci fi about a bunch of kids and the fun they get into while wearing augmented reality glasses.
      In the real world we're not quite there, yet.  Augmented reality in the real world is bounded by things like Pokemon Go and StarChart on smartphones, and Microsoft's HoloLens is still pretty bulky and expensive.  Nowhere near the nearly-invisible glasses they wear in Dennou Coil.  If you've never seen MSFT's 2015 E3 Hololens minecraft demo you should.  Microsoft obviously wants us to go there.  They've just announced their Minecraft Earth app (below), which to me looks like a portal, both in a marketing sense and a gaming sense.  Clearly - to me anyway - the plan is to get people using the app to build content and attach it to the real world so that when things like Hololens get cheap enough there will already be a rich environment to work with.

      Trailer Dennou Coil (Spring 2007)
      G 26 episodes 25 minutes TV Details
      Rating 8.1/32K Source Original First Episode May 12, 2007 Last Episode Dec 1, 2007 Status Finished Airing Studio Madhouse Genres Adventure Comedy (and 3 more) Tagged with:
      Adventure Comedy Drama Mystery Sci - fi Cast
      Houko KuwashimaYuuko Amasawa Fumiko OrikasaYuuko Okonogi Romi ParkKenichi Harakawa
      Crew
      Mitsuo IsoDirector Storyboard Key Animation Creator Tadashi HiramatsuEpisode Director Storyboard Kazuya NomuraEpisode Director Storyboard Key Animation Eleven years after the introduction of internet-connected, augmented reality eyeglasses and visors, Yuuko Okonogi moves with her family to Daikoku City, the technological center of the emerging half-virtual world. Yuuko joins her grandmother's "investigation agency" comprised of children equipped with virtual tools and powerful metatags. She quickly crosses paths with Yuuko Amasawa, an expert hacker of the virtual environment, as Amasawa relentlessly seeks to "unlock" the mystery of a computer virus that emerges from an inaccessible corrupted space. written by myanimelist.net 422 #987 popularity 106K members 1K favorites Updated All Names English Den-noh Coil Original 電脳コイル Other Names Cyber Coil, Coil - A Circle of Children, Denno Coil Go to Page Videos Photos Episodes Characters Crew and
      Minecraft Earth,
       
       
       
    • By efaardvark
      You know, one of the most intriguing things for me - from a Game Master perspective - about the NerveGear in Sword Art Online was that it could read the mental state of the wearer and communicate that back to the game engine.  Not talking about just the obvious physical I/O here, but the player's emotional state as well.  Imagine giving a save throw modifier based on how emotionally invested the player is in some aspect of the "game".  In one episode of the SAO anime's "Aincrad" arc for instance there's a swordsmith character who really, really wants to make a great sword for a specific special customer.  Imagine the game engine being able to distinguish that mental state from one where the same smith is just building inventory to sell.  Imagine the game being able to tell that the player is aware that they absolutely positively need to make this next bow shot or sword blow count.  The Kayaba Akihiko in me could sure find ways to use that information to ah, enhance my players' game experience.  Give me a few minutes and I could probably come up with a whole class of magic/psi use dependent on the emotional state of the individuals wielding it for its effects.  Or how about a Nerve Gear version of something like Soul Eater?  Offhand I can think of several animes where this sort of technology could be put to good(?) use in the game version.
      Of course the other side of that same coin is the one exploited by Sugou Nobuyuki (aka "Oberon") in the Alfheim arc to brainwash and control people.  Fortunately things haven't gone that far in real life.  There we (so far) only have to be concerned with the technology being harnessed to do things like maximize micropayment profits...
      https://arstechnica.com/gaming/2019/03/valve-software-dreams-of-analyzing-your-brainwaves-to-tailor-in-game-rewards/
    • By efaardvark
      Blizzard has apparently (re)released the original, 1996 version of Diablo.  Via GOG of all places.  For anyone not familiar with GOG (Good Old Games), they're a place to (legally) purchase unrestricted games.  None of the games on GOG have DRM or require "activation" or online connection to a mothership or any of that sort of nonsense to play.  You buy it, you download it, and you play it.  "You bought it, you own it" is their motto.  Anyone who's familiar with Blizzard, on the other hand, knows they don't do non-DRM.  (Diablo is, currently, the only Blizzard title on GOG.)  Ok, so 1996 was a while ago.  This is no doubt a last-gasp attempt to get some money from the title.  Still, to me it seems quite odd to see a Blizzard title on GOG..
       
      https://www.gog.com/game/diablo
      (also https://arstechnica.com/gaming/2019/03/original-diablo-is-now-on-sale-for-10-drm-free-but-not-on-blizzards-app/ )
       
Anime Forums is where fans from around the world can gather to discuss anime and Japanese culture!  All anime fans are welcome. Take a moment to join us now!
×
×
  • Create New...