Anime Forums Confessions

Jett Ryu

I'm not a huge fan of tofu either, to be honest - I just use the sauce without adding any tofu. :D

I've had tempeh a few times though, which is similar, and found it to be fairly decent when grilled and slathered in barbecue sauce.

Is tempeh that Chinese soy stuff? I don't think I have ever had that. I will have to try it!

I swear barbecue sauce can make just about anything taste alright.

Except for maybe shrimp ice cream. That sounds absolutely awful. :sick:

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Is tempeh that Chinese soy stuff? I don't think I have ever had that. I will have to try it!

I swear barbecue sauce can make just about anything taste alright

I can definitely agree with you on the topic of barbecue sauce!

As for tempeh, it's actually one of the only soy based foods that isn't from China - it's actually Indonesian in origin. It has a firmer texture than tofu (thank goodness), and a more distinct taste (again, thank goodness). Apparently it also has more fiber and protein. If you're curious, there's some comparison stuff here.

• Informative 1

I can definitely agree with you on the topic of barbecue sauce!

As for tempeh, it's actually one of the only soy based foods that isn't from China - it's actually Indonesian in origin. It has a firmer texture than tofu (thank goodness), and a more distinct taste (again, thank goodness). Apparently it also has more fiber and protein. If you're curious, there's some comparison stuff here.

Interesting. Just read the link you sent. The picture even looked tasty.

I will have to try it. Something other than an all meat and fish diet will do me some good. xD

Will I turn into a hipster if I eat it?

• Funny 1

Will I turn into a hipster if I eat it?

Pffft. No. Food is food, anyone that claims that eating a particular thing or liking a particular thing makes you a hipster needs to get a swift smack to the face.

• Informative 1

Pffft. No. Food is food, anyone that claims that eating a particular thing or liking a particular thing makes you a hipster needs to get a swift smack to the face.

Ok just making sure. :P

Forgive me I am not very hip. So I don't understand that stuff. xD

Edited by Guest
  • Like 1

I admit I have done nothing today but take naps, eat and post on this forums. It will probably continue this way through the rest of day. :P

that was my yesterday (saterday now sun morn 6am doing some house chores)

• Like 1

I should be doing house chores as well but I hate cleaning and laundry so I'm holding out right now. xD

I hate house chores and been meaning to get one (or more :P ) of tho's robotic vacuum/sweepers

well washing machine just finished suppose I better go hang it out - or have the week of work

Edited by Guest

see as im usually on the road most the week I normally do have much in the dish category to clean , but I do have a dish washer

ill confess id rather do home improvements IE like a bathroom reno than do house chores

• Agree 1

see as im usually on the road most the week I normally do have much in the dish category to clean , but I do have a dish washer

ill confess id rather do home improvements IE like a bathroom reno than do house chores

I am the same as well. I actually love that stuff or yard work. It's the cleaning I can't stand. I'm just a messy person in general. Even my tools and stuff are a mess. :P

I would rather be at college working on things then at home relaxing.

Its weird, but I hate being at home. I'd rather be working my butt off on writing things then actually relaxing and playing games and stuff.

Oh, and to go with it, I don't like eating allot, since I feel sick after eating anything since I feel horrible eating anything >_< I only like fruit based things really. They feel nice to eat ^w^

I would rather be at college working on things then at home relaxing.

Its weird, but I hate being at home. I'd rather be working my butt off on writing things then actually relaxing and playing games and stuff.

Oh, and to go with it, I don't like eating allot, since I feel sick after eating anything since I feel horrible eating anything >_< I only like fruit based things really. They feel nice to eat ^w^

I'm the same, I love working on stuff (only if I enjoy it) like I'd rather be out playing basketball or writing than lounging around doing nothing

and yeah I also don't eat a lot even though I do like food my stomach just cant handle it.

I'm the same, I love working on stuff (only if I enjoy it) like I'd rather be out playing basketball or writing than lounging around doing nothing

and yeah I also don't eat a lot even though I do like food my stomach just cant handle it.

We are one in the same metro, one in the same xD

(Although I would rather be doing extensive written work then physical ;))

• Like 1

My confession is that I secretly steal cookies from my Nana's cookie jar and blames it on my younger cousin whom Im very close with and is now in 3rd grade.:blush::crazy: (although she's growing up and the lies are secretly starting to unfold since she's growing older and more wise. Daym kid -_-)

• Like 2
  • Funny 1

I send my friends to many messages for my own good because online friends is all I have.

you're not alone on that one