XII360

what attracts you to anime ? (and or manga)

cute character designs

a cool world that looks like it will be fun to explore

a interesting plot

a anime that looks like its gonna make me cry

For me it's

> How they tell their stories through the characters.
> Quality of animation. 
> Their attention to detailing (particularly for backgrounds and environments)

> Attention to character development. (If they make their characters relate-able and don't bury their work in a ton of male/female fan service, sexual innuendos, panty/breast shots etc, then I consider the show like media gold.)

> Their sense of "slap stick" humor and exaggerated character facial expressions. 

> Art styles. (I kinda prefer the slender/skinny built characters, over the muscular, toxic masculine ones and for females, I prefer if they weren't used a "sex object" and/or "damsel in distress" type in the show.)

Edited by Beocat
Removed Swear Language
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, Anisa Mazaki said:

For me it's

> How they tell their stories through the characters.
> Quality of animation. 
> Their attention to detailing (particularly for backgrounds and environments)

> Attention to character development. (If they make their characters relate-able and don't bury their work in a ton of male/female fan service, sexual innuendos, panty/breast shots etc, then I consider the show like media gold.)

> Their sense of "slap stick" humor and exaggerated character facial expressions. 

> Art styles. (I kinda prefer the slender/skinny built characters, over the muscular, toxic masculine ones and for females, I prefer if they weren't used a "sex object" and/or "damsel in distress" type in the show.)

I completely agree with you on most of these. :) I definitely prefer the slender character almost all the time. Didn't see character development mentioned here a lot so I am glad you did. I dpn't think I even mentioned that yet even though thats one big thing that really sets anime apart. I am sure about you, but anime is what inspired me to get into art to began with.

• Like 1

Story,characters and lastly its ost,that makes me like a anime series/movie/ova.