All Things Comics

Geano

So this topic is about comics not manga, but comics as well as web comics. We can also talk about fan comics here as well.

I was wondering dose anyone here like reading comics like Navel, and DC. I have followed those as long as I have followed anime. They hold a close place in my heart equally for different reasons.

I also follow several web comic series among those some fan comics based around video game franchises.

How about you guys what do you like in terms of comic?

Edit: May contain spoilers.

Edited by ArchieKun

2 minutes ago, ArchieKun said:

So this topic is about comics not manga, but comics as well as web comics. We can also talk about fan comics here as well.

I was wondering dose anyone here like reading comics like Navel, and DC. I have followed those as long as I have followed anime. They hold a close place in my heart equally for different reasons.

I also follow several web comic series among those some fan comics based around video game franchises.

How about you guys what do you like in terms of comic?

huh, i thought comic's and manga's are the same, only, comic's is just the english word for manga, (or atleast, comic would state that it was made, not in japan)

i dont read much on DC/marvel comic's, but i have read a few one-shot/one-page comic's (we can count those as comic's right?, if not, ignore my post~) from the meme website i frequent at

• Like 1

Just now, XII360 said:

huh, i thought comic's and manga's are the same, only, comic's is just the english word for manga, (or atleast, comic would state that it was made, not in japan)

i dont read much on DC/marvel comic's, but i have read a few one-shot/one-page comic's (we can count those as comic's right?, if not, ignore my post~) from the meme website i frequent at

Manga as we know it is more of a graphic novel distinct from a comic in how the book is put together, and commonly how the story is told. For example a lot of people have seen, or heard of the show The Walking Dead. Even now it is popular. Though that tv series is actually based on a series of graphic novels from a earlier time 80s, and 90s.

Comics are more short strips, or pages in terms of web comics. Though in paper comics they tend to be 20, or less pages wheres graphic novels as well as manga easily exceed 100 most the time. More like a actual chaptered novel.

Not a great fan of superhero comics -though I have some old Batman comics-, but I read Scott Pilgrim and Lost at Sea, both by Bryan Lee O'Malley, and Mark Crilley's Bordy's Ghost and Miki Falls - absolutely loved all of them! Then there are the webcomic like Bastard, Home, Sweet Home and Paintworld. The first two are pretty dark (well, Paintoworld agruably too...) but great reads.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, leinwandname said:

Not a great fan of superhero comics -though I have some old Batman comics-, but I read Scott Pilgrim and Lost at Sea, both by Bryan Lee O'Malley, and Mark Crilley's Bordy's Ghost and Miki Falls - absolutely loved all of them! Then there are the webcomic like Bastard, Home, Sweet Home and Paintworld. The first two are pretty dark (well, Paintoworld agruably too...) but great reads.

Batman is amazing how the series has evolved is honestly incredible. Ah you like Bastard, and Home, Sweet Home and Paintworld as well. That is pretty cool. I have enjoyed those very much, but I won't put any spoilers here.

51 minutes ago, ArchieKun said:

Comics are more short strips, or pages in terms of web comics. Though in paper comics they tend to be 20, or less pages wheres graphic novels as well as manga easily exceed 100 most the time. More like a actual chaptered novel.

not all of them though, i've read allot of doujinshi's that are just 15 pages (including front page/back page/credits), but i see what you mean,

still, by what you've said, i guess those one-page comic's on the meme site counts huh ?, i mean it isn't exactly "meme comic", it was actually somewhat almost similar to that, um,

i guess manga ?, but it was made by someone who isn't japanese, and only did 1-3 pages at max (since there are character's, and somewhat deep meaning joke, it was more centered on the joke, rather than fighting's)

gonna post an example of the guy im talking about (but in spoiler, it leads to the meme site mind you)

also, speaking of comic's, since i posted that one, i may aswell post these two, which i found while looking for that one in my favorite/likes list <.> (also leads to meme website)

I was pretty big into Marvel comics from the late 70’s through the 90’s, primarily the Spider-Man & X-men related titles. I remember the first appearance of characters like Cloak & Dagger and Hobgoblin, Apocalypse, Deadpool & Cable. And storylines like Days of Future Past, Kraven’s Last Hunt,  Secret Wars & Infinity Gauntlet.

I never really got into DC comics though I liked Batman the Animated series. 

The only alternative title I was really into was Wendy & Richard Pini’s Elfquest.

For  me, comics largely fell by the wayside once I started collecting anime tapes/discs in the mid/late 90’s (simply a matter of free time & money, especially with video games also in the mix).

Edited by Ohiotaku

3 hours ago, XII360 said:

not all of them though, i've read allot of doujinshi's that are just 15 pages (including front page/back page/credits), but i see what you mean,

still, by what you've said, i guess those one-page comic's on the meme site counts huh ?, i mean it isn't exactly "meme comic", it was actually somewhat almost similar to that, um,

i guess manga ?, but it was made by someone who isn't japanese, and only did 1-3 pages at max (since there are character's, and somewhat deep meaning joke, it was more centered on the joke, rather than fighting's)

gonna post an example of the guy im talking about (but in spoiler, it leads to the meme site mind you)

also, speaking of comic's, since i posted that one, i may aswell post these two, which i found while looking for that one in my favorite/likes list <.> (also leads to meme website)

My my technical I see. ^^ Thats ok I mean doujinshi's  are more or less fan manga. I love reading those too. I would classify those considering their length more as paper form fan comics then manga in its true form per say. The lines get blured what with so many kinds of comics out there. Though what I was refering to in terms of story structure is a graphic novel weather manga, or otherwise tends to tell a deeper story almost like a tv series in static book form. Where is a doujinshi is more like a comic strip, or web comic. At least thats how I think of it.

56 minutes ago, Ohiotaku said:

I was pretty big into Marvel comics from the late 70’s through the 90’s, primarily the Spider-Man & X-men related titles. I remember the first appearance of characters like Cloak & Dagger and Hobgoblin, Apocalypse, Deadpool & Cable. And storylines like Days of Future Past, Kraven’s Last Hunt,  Secret Wars & Infinity Gauntlet.

I never really got into DC comics though I liked Batman the Animated series. 

The only alternative title I was really into was Wendy & Richard Pini’s Elfquest.

For  me, comics largely fell by the wayside once I started collecting anime tapes/discs in the mid/late 90’s (simply a matter of free time & money, especially with video games also in the mix).

Thats awesome. X-Men were my bread, and butter in terms of marvel series. Spider Man though is amzing the comics are really good if slightly corny at times. Though the Spider Man Ulimited cartoon series was very good short lived sad;y, but amazing at that.

2 hours ago, Kohloo said:

I follow Space Boy on Webtoons, and I just purchased the first volume (volume 2 is coming out in October)

I have heard the name but I have not read that is it a good one. I am ok with spoilers.

Edited by ArchieKun
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, ArchieKun said:

I have heard the name but I have not read that is it a good one. I am ok with spoilers.

Oh, I absolutely love it. I'm not very good with describing stuff though (through text anyway, I have easier flow speaking to someone)

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Kohloo said:

Oh, I absolutely love it. I'm not very good with describing stuff though (through text anyway, I have easier flow speaking to someone)

Fair enough sounds like a pretty awesome series do you follow any others? I followed a web comic called the Watch for a while its been to long since I read it though.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ArchieKun said:

Fair enough sounds like a pretty awesome series do you follow any others? I followed a web comic called the Watch for a while its been to long since I read it though.

I used to follow a whole bunch of Webtoons. But I haven't been able to keep up because of life. I'm very slowly getting back into them though. Mainly been focusing on keeping up to date with Space Boy for now

• Agree 1

4 minutes ago, Kohloo said:

I used to follow a whole bunch of Webtoons. But I haven't been able to keep up because of life. I'm very slowly getting back into them though. Mainly been focusing on keeping up to date with Space Boy for now

Gotta love work, and life getting in the way. I normally combat this by only really paying attention to one, or two at a time at best three.

4 hours ago, SAO LILDOOP said:

I love both Marvel and DC and have for almost my entire life! 

I couldn't agree more. I love them both even though I do slightly favor marvel DC has quite a bit to offer. Batman being the best of DC in my mind with green lantern and the flash following suit in second place equally.

3 hours ago, ArchieKun said:

I couldn't agree more. I love them both even though I do slightly favor marvel DC has quite a bit to offer. Batman being the best of DC in my mind with green lantern and the flash following suit in second place equally.

Haha, Batman and GL are my fave DC heroes as well, though Raven my 3rd fave. :D and yea, i fancy Marvel more as well. 

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, SAO LILDOOP said:

Haha, Batman and GL are my fave DC heroes as well, though Raven my 3rd fave. :D and yea, i fancy Marvel more as well. 

Can never go wrong with the titans. My fav of them has to be Robbin though Raven is by far my favorite female hero of them, and in DC period.

• Awesome (Sugoi) 1