what are your anime unpopular opinions?

thetacogod57

hay there i just thought id ask what type of unpopular opinions you guys have involving anime ^^

heres some i have

no game no life is painfully average

pop team epic was annoying

dub vs sub debates are dumb

angel beats was meh

i liked violet evergarden and i dont get the hate people have for it

ok so those are some of mine but what are yours ^^

7 hours ago, thetacogod57 said:

hay there i just thought id ask what type of unpopular opinions you guys have involving anime ^^

heres some i have

angel beats was meh

oh damn

My biggest one involves a strong dislike of SAO...  granted, only watched half of an OVA (which recapped the harem in the anime).

Crows are hot ;)  (all you Kitsune fans just don't know any better lol)

A lot of well-loved anime from the 90s and early 2000s did not age well....

As far as Avatar goes...the end romance of Korra came out of nowhere and made no sense.  It really felt like pandering to a certain demographic (or trying to prove that they are progressive?  Who knows.).

42 minutes ago, Beocat said:

My biggest one involves a strong dislike of SAO...  granted, only watched half of an OVA (which recapped the harem in the anime).

A lot of well-loved anime from the 90s and early 2000s did not age well....

As far as Avatar goes...the end romance of Korra came out of nowhere and made no sense.  It really felt like pandering to a certain demographic (or trying to prove that they are progressive?  Who knows.).

I dropped LoK after season one, wasn't really feeling it. I also heard it wasn't well received by other fans.

I actually disagree with a few of your opinions, but that is the whole nature of this post lol

- The entire anime adaptation of Tokyo Ghoul is a dumpster fire. Read the manga.

- I didn't think Kobayashi's Maid Dragon was all that great. It was just moe bait and a source of meh anime memes. ( I dropped it four episodes in)

- Grand Blue's anime adaptation is a let down and is inferior to the manga in every way ( It's nice to see everyone animated and voiced though)

48 minutes ago, Beocat said:

lol no.jpg

• Agree 1
  • Funny 1

11 hours ago, thetacogod57 said:

angel beats was meh

I agree with all but Angel Beats. I agree it shoulda been longer, and I think that was the initial plan, but shit happened so it couldn't. So taking that into consideration, and still being a tad annoyed about not every character getting an arc, I think they handled it more than well enough.

But back to my stuff.

Danmachi is an absolutely terrible anime. Thoughts here.

Cross Ange was awesome.

Kimi no na wa was good, but I've seen a ton of stuff that's far better, and overall, it wasn't all that special really. And 5cm per Second looked nicer.

Hourou Musuko is a bloody fantastic anime and more people need to watch it. Most people just... won't watch it.

Mecha is a large and diverse genre, and doesn't deserve the TONS of blatantly uninformed hatred it gets.

17 minutes ago, Beocat said:

You know, I enjoyed Cross Ange a whole lot too, though I can see at several points where it may be a bit too much too far for some people.

In a lot of cases, it isn't the fact that it's too much, just that a lot of people take it WAY too seriously. It's a prime example of a "dumb fun" show and that's basically what it was made as. Watch it as one, it delivers :P Watch it for a deep story and engrossing plotpoints you're just... doing it wrong XD

We’ll agree to NGNL being mediocre. It was a fun anime, but there were so many asspulls that it just dragged the series down.

We’ll add Charlotte to the pot of anime that are actually terrible. The first part was ok. After the roof dropped, there was some nice character development. last few episodes were an absolute mess which undid all of the character development (literally, no one remembers it happening, so it basically didn’t). They completely ruined the show.

With the exception of that weird Alfheim filler arc with Excalibur, SAO S2 was better than S1.

The ‘doesn’t care about anyone else’ MC (think Oregairu or Classroom of the Elite) is a completely uninteresting character archetype, that has only been done well in The World God Only Knows.

Mars of Destruction isn’t as bad as people say. It’s not good, but there are far worse anime.

Highschool DxD is an ecchi harem with a plot, but that does not make it a good ecchi harem, because the plot isn’t good.

10 hours ago, Beocat said:

Strongly agree

As far as some of my own:

Little kid Goku (before Z) was funny, but adult Goku is a derp

Louie the Rune Soldier was funnier than Slayers

.Hack//sign is better than SAO

I actually like the OP song to Attack on Titan season 3

Cowboy Bebop ended the way it needed to & doesn't need a sequel

SPIKE IS DEAD

And Spike/Faye would NOT be a good couple

I don't hate Ichigo from Darling in the Franxx & best girl was Ikuno (posting pictures because otherwise no one will even know who I'm talking about)

531604-660x400.jpgdarling-in-the-franxx-24-57.jpg

Edited by Ohiotaku

3 hours ago, thetacogod57 said:

interviews with monster girls is better than dragon maid(and i swear im the only one who thinks this)

https://yarn.co/yarn-clip/3a4d1042-ee58-49b1-962b-a2d9fe1c706a/gif

Edited by Ohiotaku

57 minutes ago, Ohiotaku said:

like demi chan resonated with me alot as someone on the autism spectrum

it made me feel like despite my disabilitys i can still live a happy normal life and i shoudnt have to feel alienated for my problems

that and its just insanly adorable,dosent rely on fanservice every 10 seconds,has a loveble cast of chars  and made a dullahan the most adorable thing ever 

On 9/9/2018 at 9:59 AM, thetacogod57 said:

heres some i have

angel beats was meh

8 hours ago, thetacogod57 said:

i thought of a couple more opinions

interviews with monster girls is better than dragon maid(and i swear im the only one who thinks this)

my hero academia season 1 was alright

clannad season 1 didnt suck

yuri on ice isnt THAT good

please teacher was a fun anime

Your more on the complete reversed side of anime

Naruto is not the "best anime in the world" nor is it "amazing" - as people keep claiming it to be. Sames goes for One Piece and Dragon Ball Z.

This is pretty much why I've stayed away from these shows - cuz of the fake hype people put on them.

They did the same for "The Ancient Magnus Bride" and well I found that show to be a waste of my 2 days of binge watching sadly.

Atleast when I watched Naruto/finally gave that one a chance - I didn't get 100% bored to death. (but I know I am not watching the rest of it sadly ie Shippiden and Boruto)

Sometimes I feel like people hype up the wrong shows, cuz they have very mediocre/poor tastes when it comes to entertainment content - cuz it's not only anime that has fallen victim to this "hearsay" trend, but also american flims & shows too. 

Moe ist stupid

Kawaii is way too overused - both the idea and the word

Monogatari is most definitely not a stupid harem series

Even though SAO awful, Asuna is one of the better female characters in anime (who are not protagonists)

Waifus are stupid - (Except Kaiki. Then again, Kaiki is best girl-) (<- and they`re good meme material, as proven here >.>)

Ergo Proxy isn't so deep as people claim it to be

Attack on Titan, the anime, isn't that good and relies too much on epicness and edge

People should stop asking for more season

Death Note is only good on the first watch

Akame ga Kill is meh

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Anisa Mazaki said:

Sometimes I feel like people hype up the wrong shows, cuz they have very mediocre/poor tastes when it comes to entertainment content - cuz it's not only anime that has fallen victim to this "hearsay" trend, but also american flims & shows too. 

alittle harsh to say there tastes are crappy dont ya think

its fine to disagree but people are allowed to enjoy what they want it dosent make ure tastes crappy just because they like a show you personally dont  

like i loved violet evergarden despite the crap that anime gets from some people does that mean i have crappy taste for enjoying it? no it dosent

if people only wanna watch the mainstreem stuff they can do and if they wanna watch more obscure anime thats cool 2 in my eyes id rather people watch what makes them happy than watch shows they have no interest in 

Edited by Beocat
Removed Swear Language

When I commented on another forum site that I didn't enjoy Squid Girl, someone commented that it was the only time he had ever heard anyone say that. I just didn't see anything really special about it and all the "squid speak" was annoying to me. Of course I've been told that's something that was added when they translated it into english.

This is really a tough one for me because I don't think I have many unpopular opinions honestly. Though there is one I can think of. As a rule Dragonball GB is a hated discredited series by the majority of not only the anime community, but the dragonball community as well. Though there are a few like me who grew up with it as DBZ's first successor. I personally enjoyed the Japanese release of the series, and think most of the hate came from the dub because the dub was done very poorly honestly even by the standards of the time. This is a unpopular opinion because while it is not in my opinion better then DBS (Dragonball Super) it is still a all around good anime series in its own right at least in its original release.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, ArchieKun said:

This is really a tough one for me because I don't think I have many unpopular opinions honestly. Though there is one I can think of. As a rule Dragonball GB is a hated discredited series by the majority of not only the anime community, but the dragonball community as well. Though there are a few like me who grew up with it as DBZ's first successor. I personally enjoyed the Japanese release of the series, and think most of the hate came from the dub because the dub was done very poorly honestly even by the standards of the time. This is a unpopular opinion because while it is not in my opinion better then DBS (Dragonball Super) it is still a all around good anime series in its own right at least in its original release.

Me personally, I just don't like the hype that fans of the show make about it. They act like it's "the best" anime ever - (as if there is no other anime out there to view)

I also don't like D's art style or their animation quality, lol. I've seen older anime works that came out better o_o

• Agree 1

4 hours ago, Anisa Mazaki said:

Me personally, I just don't like the hype that fans of the show make about it. They act like it's "the best" anime ever - (as if there is no other anime out there to view)

I also don't like D's art style or their animation quality, lol. I've seen older anime works that came out better o_o

Those are of course blows against the series, and for the most part I do agree with you in particular with the art style, and a bit of the story telling can be lacking. Though I do think as a whole the story spoke for itself.

• Like 1

I think that the closest to an unpopular opinion I have regarding anime is that Attack on Titan is the worst anime ever.

I know I am not the only one that thinks this way, but it did not really have anything interesting.

• Like 2

On 9/12/2018 at 6:58 PM, brycec said:

I think that the closest to an unpopular opinion I have regarding anime is that Attack on Titan is the worst anime ever.

I know I am not the only one that thinks this way, but it did not really have anything interesting.

I would have to say you, and I share this opinion. I would not say it is the worst I have seen ever as in the absolute worst, but it is on that list to be sure.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

2 minutes ago, ArchieKun said:

I would have to say you, and I share this opinion. I would not say it is the worst I have seen ever as in the absolute worst, but it is on that list to be sure.

i thought of giving attack on titan a chance honestly 

but then i ended up watching anime i was more interested in 

• Funny 1