thetacogod57

what are your anime unpopular opinions?

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, Kogure said:

I found it boring and visually not interesting.

I mean its sci-fi with guns and bounty hunters, then again I don't know what you were expecting. It looks like every other sci-fi anime. 

Edited by Serge heartless

that Naruto is better than DBZ. naruto sets a limit to what the characters can do but in DBZ they have no limit. i like them both but prefer naruto. please don`t kill me.

Posted (edited)
15 hours ago, cose1321 said:

that Naruto is better than DBZ. naruto sets a limit to what the characters can do but in DBZ they have no limit. i like them both but prefer naruto. please don`t kill me.

I mean its your opinion, though without DBZ there might have never been Naruto, since animes like DBZ, yu yu hakusho, and older shounen animes set up the stage for super over powerful beings.  A a lot of the newer shounen animes are inspired by shows like DBZ. Then again the characters in Naruto are younger and act a lot more like kids, which can be annoying to older people who don't like annoying kids.  Also limiting characters powers is really nothing new, jojo's bizarre adventure already did that way back in the 80s mangas. Their stands for the most part only have 1 power, and they have to think of ways to out smart their opponents. 

Though when I read the reviews for dragon ball z years ago, the Japanese reviews, said dragon ball was better then dragon ball z. Since dragon ball has a better story, and isn't full of super powered fights all the time, and the characters all have a better story. 

On 6/19/2019 at 2:16 PM, Serge heartless said:

I mean its sci-fi with guns and bounty hunters, then again I don't know what you were expecting. It looks like every other sci-fi anime. 

I can't explain you beyond that. Probably it's just matter of personal taste.
I like several sci-fi anime, but don't like this one.

Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, BleachKing96 said:

Bleach is the anime powerhouse

It would have been, if the final season didn't kill the show.  It could have gone down with a good track record.  Much like Berserk though, I think some animes are just better as mangas. 

• Agree 1

6 minutes ago, Serge heartless said:

It would have been, if the final season didn't kill the show.  It could have gone down with a good track record.

Fins season or the 100 eps of Filler?

no I really loved bleach. But the end was bad

9 minutes ago, Seshi said:

Fins season or the 100 eps of Filler?

no I really loved bleach. But the end was bad

I think the problem is some anime companies don't know when to stop. And it also has to do with the writer or writers getting tiered and want to move on. And the companies keep pushing them to make more. So the writers don't care and make up a bunch of non-sense like yu yu hakusho final season with the 3 demon kings, which could have been so much more. Sadly it just turned into a other tournament, which could have been something else.  Or like how DBZ Buu saga was a complete mess.

• Agree 1

Mirai Nikki is awful in almost every way.
Yuno Gasai is an atrocious character, and "yandere" is one of the worst archetypes.
Railgun is by far the worst RailDex anime. Index might be rushed, but it at least resembles its source material. (I haven't seen season 3 yet, though)
Charlotte's ending song is the best part of the show.

School Days is a great anime.  

Thats all I've got so far.

Chibis are not cute

Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, Seshi said:

Chibis are not cute

Tanya would like to have a word with you...

Tanya.Degurechaff_full.2523187.png.8d224d0b717a70cafaaba13b4e3ffcb5.png

She agrees.

Edited by The History Kid
  • Cute (Kawaii) 1
  • Funny 1

5 minutes ago, The History Kid said:

Tanya would like to have a word with you...

Tanya.Degurechaff_full.2523187.png.8d224d0b717a70cafaaba13b4e3ffcb5.png

She agrees.

It’s okay, Tanya

DB6BAC09-7D92-412D-8FAF-FE84BAC7DAD9.jpeg.6fba7330b160f30c660946f7ccac1b38.jpeg

My Bride Is A Mermaid - Painfully annoying, couldn't stand watching the first episode

One Piece - A long and slow anime with constant repetition. It's the journey that never ends and the characters don't really change/improve in future episodes.

and what another has said... very high pitch and squeaky voices need to stop. It's like nails on a chalkboard and it's not even close to sounding like the original Japanese cast. Stop trying to mimic them.

6 hours ago, EnviousEnvy said:

and what another has said... very high pitch and squeaky voices need to stop. It's like nails on a chalkboard and it's not even close to sounding like the original Japanese cast. Stop trying to mimic them.

Yea a bad dub can kill a series - look at the incomplete dub from Slam Dunk 🤣🤣🤣 it turned the whole show into a spoof comedy. But I loved watching as if it were a different series, that was too funny. 

Edited by Seshi

I might be one of the few people who think Gundam is a over-rated anime series. Never got into any of the shows. Though back in the day, I did watch Voltron and Robotech. So its not like I don't like giant robot animes. 

Isekai Cheat Magician is not boring, it just isn’t as gimmicky or fetish dependent as the other Isekai series this season.