what are your anime unpopular opinions?

thetacogod57

On 6/19/2019 at 2:16 PM, Serge heartless said:

I mean its sci-fi with guns and bounty hunters, then again I don't know what you were expecting. It looks like every other sci-fi anime. 

I can't explain you beyond that. Probably it's just matter of personal taste.
I like several sci-fi anime, but don't like this one.

• 2 weeks later...
4 hours ago, BleachKing96 said:

Bleach is the anime powerhouse

It would have been, if the final season didn't kill the show.  It could have gone down with a good track record.  Much like Berserk though, I think some animes are just better as mangas. 

Edited by Serge heartless
  • Agree 1

6 minutes ago, Serge heartless said:

It would have been, if the final season didn't kill the show.  It could have gone down with a good track record.

Fins season or the 100 eps of Filler?

no I really loved bleach. But the end was bad

9 minutes ago, Seshi said:

Fins season or the 100 eps of Filler?

no I really loved bleach. But the end was bad

I think the problem is some anime companies don't know when to stop. And it also has to do with the writer or writers getting tiered and want to move on. And the companies keep pushing them to make more. So the writers don't care and make up a bunch of non-sense like yu yu hakusho final season with the 3 demon kings, which could have been so much more. Sadly it just turned into a other tournament, which could have been something else.  Or like how DBZ Buu saga was a complete mess.

• Agree 1

Mirai Nikki is awful in almost every way.
Yuno Gasai is an atrocious character, and "yandere" is one of the worst archetypes.
Railgun is by far the worst RailDex anime. Index might be rushed, but it at least resembles its source material. (I haven't seen season 3 yet, though)
Charlotte's ending song is the best part of the show.

My Bride Is A Mermaid - Painfully annoying, couldn't stand watching the first episode

One Piece - A long and slow anime with constant repetition. It's the journey that never ends and the characters don't really change/improve in future episodes.

and what another has said... very high pitch and squeaky voices need to stop. It's like nails on a chalkboard and it's not even close to sounding like the original Japanese cast. Stop trying to mimic them.

6 hours ago, EnviousEnvy said:

and what another has said... very high pitch and squeaky voices need to stop. It's like nails on a chalkboard and it's not even close to sounding like the original Japanese cast. Stop trying to mimic them.

Yea a bad dub can kill a series - look at the incomplete dub from Slam Dunk 🤣🤣🤣 it turned the whole show into a spoof comedy. But I loved watching as if it were a different series, that was too funny. 

Edited by Seshi

Isekai Cheat Magician is not boring, it just isn’t as gimmicky or fetish dependent as the other Isekai series this season.

16 hours ago, Serge heartless said:

I might be one of the few people who think Gundam is a over-rated anime series. Never got into any of the shows. Though back in the day, I did watch Voltron and Robotech. So its not like I don't like giant robot animes. 

I have never managed to make it through a single Gundam series start to finish. I think part of the issue for me is that it qualifies more as Mecha which tend to try to be more realistic and have military & political focus. Giant Robot series tend to be more over the top & campy (Mazinger Z, Gurren Lagann)

• Agree 1

I Didn't really like toradora 

I felt like i went though 20 something episodes for it to lead up to nothing at all.

Im also not really a fan of the main character taiga, it might be because she is a tsundere.

I feel like here character could have been done much better.

The series had so much potential but, it just let me down qwq

• Like 1

2 hours ago, unconfirmed said:

I Didn't really like toradora 

I felt like i went though 20 something episodes for it to lead up to nothing at all.

Im also not really a fan of the main character taiga, it might be because she is a tsundere.

I feel like here character could have been done much better.

The series had so much potential but, it just let me down qwq

Although I loved ToraDora, I watched it as it was airing and never made it to the end >_< Can't confirm the let down part I guess. I can see your point about Taiga, she wasn't my fav character here, her tsundere nature was pretty over the top lol. It was all about that Ryuuji for me ^-^

I generally don’t post about this kind of stuff because I don’t like negativity, but sometimes you just gotta.

Death Note isn’t that great

I don’t like most of Clannad’s art style

Skelter Heaven isn’t the worst anime of all time, but it is in the top 5

The Corpse Party OVA really wasn’t that bad

Toradora was boring

Feels good to get that off my chest. Back into my cave I go.

The third season of Yuru Yuri is the best one
The Higurashi OVAs are not as bad as most people say

17 minutes ago, LostEnoki said:

The Corpse Party OVA really wasn’t that bad

There's apparently two of those. I've only seen the Tortured Souls one, which was fine for a splatter anime.

12 hours ago, The History Kid said:

I finished watching FLCL and came right over here...……………..

………..

I don't get it.

...Where was the good part?  The art was nice, but when did the show get good?  I missed it....I think...

nYTAFuN.jpg

• Funny 4

13 hours ago, The History Kid said:

I finished watching FLCL and came right over here...……………..

………..

I don't get it.

...Where was the good part?  The art was nice, but when did the show get good?  I missed it....I think...

Maybe you just don't understand comedy. Then again western comedy has turned into a bunch of yelling and screaming, thanks to pewdiepie and markiplier. 

I managed to pick up just enough of FLCL’s symbolism to never be entirely sure when it was actually trying to say something & when it was just being weird.   

29 minutes ago, Ohiotaku said:

I managed to pick up just enough of FLCL’s symbolism to never be entirely sure when it was actually trying to say something & when it was just being weird.   

Seeing how the creator said he wanted to break all the rules of anime. Meaning it doesn't follow any of the standards of other anime.  Also if you don't get japans type of comedy, then you just won't get FLCL. I remember also in high school people who watched anime, also didn't get Bobobo-bo Bo-bobo. Its just a different kind of comedy. 

Its like a picasso painting, you appreciate it for how unique it is.