Any good LGBT or Gay anime?

IntoMyWorld

I'm looking for some good LGBT or Gay anime to watch.

I just need to watch something that feels accepting,  I'd prefer something gay since I am a gay male. But I'm open to others themes.

I love Yuri on Ice

Likes Karneval

And I enjoyed Akuma No Riddle

But anything overly Heterosexual or with too much fanservice makes me feel alone.

But I guess I'm just looking for something good. This season doesn't seem to have many shows when I look online. So.. Suggestions?

Hourou Musuko is possibly the best LGBT thing we’ve ever seen, because it was made before the whole LGBT movement became a thing, so it’s not super preachy, and actually has a good plot and characters to back itself up. It’s not really an anime about a trans girl, it’s an anime about a guy, who just happens to also identify as female. Outside of that they’re completely just a regular person.

51 minutes ago, ArchieKun said:

Whispered Worlds

In the case of this one, just read the manga. The anime goes nowhere meaningful unfortunately. It isn't bad at adapting what it does adapt, but if you're looking for a romance the anime won't deliver. The manga however, wil deliver MORE than enough.

• Agree 1

24 minutes ago, awesomedude20 said:

In the case of this one, just read the manga. The anime goes nowhere meaningful unfortunately. It isn't bad at adapting what it does adapt, but if you're looking for a romance the anime won't deliver. The manga however, wil deliver MORE than enough.

Good point there. I think this is sometimes true of a lot of series. Not just Yuri, and Yaoi. In anime character relations tend to be over saturated, or played down compared to their respective manga.

41 minutes ago, ArchieKun said:

Good point there. I think this is sometimes true of a lot of series. Not just Yuri, and Yaoi. In anime character relations tend to be over saturated, or played down compared to their respective manga.

Nah not the issue here. They literally just made the anime before the manga was even remotely complete, so they wind up ending at a really lackluster point with a huge cliffhanger. Otherwise though they nailed what they did have to adapt.

1 minute ago, awesomedude20 said:

Nah not the issue here. They literally just made the anime before the manga was even remotely complete, so they wind up ending at a really lackluster point with a huge cliffhanger. Otherwise though they nailed what they did have to adapt.

Ah I see fair enough on their attempt I suppose. Though I do know a lot of anime dose run into a issue where it just dose not have the budget to finish. In the case of the manga it is much longer, and more complete. Seems to be more of an issue in some genres then others. I have seen that issue in Yuri, or romance series with anime in general compared to other fgenres. Not to say these genres are at all the only ones subject to this however.

On 9/10/2018 at 3:29 AM, IntoMyWorld said:

I'm looking for some good LGBT or Gay anime to watch.

I just need to watch something that feels accepting,  I'd prefer something gay since I am a gay male. But I'm open to others themes.

I love Yuri on Ice

Likes Karneval

And I enjoyed Akuma No Riddle

But anything overly Heterosexual or with too much fanservice makes me feel alone.

But I guess I'm just looking for something good. This season doesn't seem to have many shows when I look online. So.. Suggestions?

I really love Love Stage!! and Hitorijime My Hero. They're both super cute so I highly recommend these <3 

I found Princess Princess to be really good, it helped me find confidence in a personal way in myself, its genre is shounen ai but its centered on cute boys dressing up as princesses at their all boys school which the main character and one of the supporting characters develop a very close friendship to each other. There is a third supporting character but he's absent in the presence of gay relationship but his girlfriend makes up for it later in the series for her feelings towards him crossdressing as a gothic lolita princess lol which I feels was a great presentation of a girl in a relationship with a guy who crossdresses. 

Another one to consider is Fake, its short very short, a ova, but it's about two nypd officers one japanese american and the other american who have a gay relationship in secret and how they try to have their first getaway together ends up being a crime they solve together. Has some good gay relationship qualities that felt relatistic in the portrayal of having a secret gay relationship as both officers and in the early 90's late 80's when that was a time of the great AIDS epidemic and the hostility towards gay men. 

I know of tons of anime that have crossdressing male being friends with another guy and having a platonic relationship/friendship but that really doesnt correlate to your interest into other gay themed anime. Im sorry I have only two titles to offer...but I hope they help give you something fresh to enjoy...if I failed your satisfaction your more than welcome to rant me out for it.

• Like 2
  • Useful 1

• 2 months later...