Favorite Drinks, foods, and snacks.

Geano

4 hours ago, RuthisianCodex said:

Sushi

Yeah, I could probably eat my weight in sushi if I tried because I absolutely adore it!

I'm a foodie myself & love creating new dishes at home. 

Same hahah, all you can eat is dangeroussss. Gym days hahaha

I LOVE TO COOK TOO. And bake, baking is fun. We should compile recipes 0-0 lol

• Like 1

On 3/18/2020 at 12:33 AM, Nyxnine said:

Same hahah, all you can eat is dangeroussss. Gym days hahaha

I LOVE TO COOK TOO. And bake, baking is fun. We should compile recipes 0-0 lol

So, I've been on this smoothie kick these last few months & it's been working out great for me. My skin has cleared up, my digestion is better, & I've even lost some weight. Here is the basic base for my smoothies:

1/2 a cup frozen fruit-I just use whatever I have on hand but I make sure that the fruit is cut up in small pieces. If the pieces are a little big, then I let the fruit thaw in the fridge overnight so that it will blend easier 

a dash of cinnamon & a dash of tumeric

1 teaspoon of chia seeds or flaxseed

a few tablespoons of nonfat Greek yogurt-vanilla or plain, either one works fine

skim milk as needed to thin it out because I don't like mine to be too thick

I just put everything into the blender on high for about 30 seconds & I'm good to go. I've made it a point to get more fruits & vegetables in my diet no matter what so this is an easy & inexpensive way to do it that doesn't take up too much time either. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, RuthisianCodex said:

1/2 a cup frozen fruit-I just use whatever I have on hand but I make sure that the fruit is cut up in small pieces. If the pieces are a little big, then I let the fruit thaw in the fridge overnight so that it will blend easier 

a dash of cinnamon & a dash of tumeric

1 teaspoon of chia seeds or flaxseed

a few tablespoons of nonfat Greek yogurt-vanilla or plain, either one works fine

skim milk as needed to thin it out because I don't like mine to be too thick

I just put everything into the blender on high for about 30 seconds & I'm good to go. I've made it a point to get more fruits & vegetables in my diet no matter what so this is an easy & inexpensive way to do it that doesn't take up too much time either. 

YUMM, I like making smoothies too. I don't really measure though. But, a decent alternative to having yogurt is avocados... I usually buy the frozen prepacked ones (so they don't go bad to fast) I suppose I would use like 90ml (or ~3 oz) if you are to measure (replacing the yogurt) for the base, and whatever fruits I choose.  (I also will let mine de-thaw in the fridge, actually...if you don't it is usually hard on the blender).

And I don't really like milk in my stuff, I will ice cream every once in awhile, but a lot of milk makes my skin break out :) so I choose to avoid it. 

I'll use either coconut milk or almond milk. 

Other yummy fruit I like to add would be jackfruit (I usually get the canned kind, I like the brand Aroy-D....actually if you choose canned fruit as an alternative Aroy-D is really good especially for lychee). And fresh fruit I usually get frozen for smoothies, fresh just to chow down on. 

I like how you kind of sweeten yours with cinnamon and tumeric. It's like perfect spice/sweet enhancer.

Edited by Nyxnine

On 3/22/2020 at 12:14 AM, Nyxnine said:

YUMM, I like making smoothies too. I don't really measure though. But, a decent alternative to having yogurt is avocados... I usually buy the frozen prepacked ones (so they don't go bad to fast) I suppose I would use like 90ml (or ~3 oz) if you are to measure (replacing the yogurt) for the base, and whatever fruits I choose.  (I also will let mine de-thaw in the fridge, actually...if you don't it is usually hard on the blender).

And I don't really like milk in my stuff, I will ice cream every once in awhile, but a lot of milk makes my skin break out :) so I choose to avoid it. 

I'll use either coconut milk or almond milk. 

Other yummy fruit I like to add would be jackfruit (I usually get the canned kind, I like the brand Aroy-D....actually if you choose canned fruit as an alternative Aroy-D is really good especially for lychee). And fresh fruit I usually get frozen for smoothies, fresh just to chow down on. 

I like how you kind of sweeten yours with cinnamon and tumeric. It's like perfect spice/sweet enhancer.

So guess who just found a fun new video with some delicious new recipes to try? Oh yeah, it's me! On my journey to find new ways to bulk up my breakfasts with a variety of healthy, tasty options I ran across this video on YouTube on 10 ways to make avocado toast. I've never made it before but it's super easy & I think it would be amazing with an egg white omelet maybe stuffed with some sauteed mushrooms or marinated tomatoes(even sun dried tomatoes might work too if they're diced up really small) & a side of mixed fruit or one of my green smoothies! Here is a link to the video: 

• Like 1
  • Love it! (Daisuki) 1

ooh ooh, heres mine!

creamy coconut shrimp

theres this chinese place in the state over i love to go to, and they have this AMAZING coconut shrimp. it's got like, this sugary shell that gives it a bit of a crunch and it sits in a sweet cream, its delicious 🤤 its like salty and sweet at the same time.

coconut-shrimp-at-feng.jpg