how often do you edit messages/re-read them ?!

XII360

tumblr_p3xa0qzmbz1w4t58uo1_500.gif

so yea, class got suspended, and i studied hard, this is rude, but acceptable

onto topic~!

how often do you write something (be it thread, PM, GC (group chat), etc, etc), read through it, and delete it, to think up of a better sentence to use, or use edit button to edit the message/fix possible grammar issues you've done ?/added an image/more information to what you've initially wrote down

and do you take the time to read through them, after writing them all down ?

or do just post it and leave what you initially wrote down, as is ?

im pretty guilty of writing allot of stuff and taking my sweet time reading them again, making sure i made sense in what i wrote down, and trying to think up of a better sentence to use (which means, i proofread my own sentences, allot)

(though, i noticed sometimes, even though i felt it made sense, it didn't),

i also, tend to delete some of the sentences i already wrote down and write them down again in a better way, and more efficient way, i guess ?

but what about you ?!, do you tend to rewrite the sentences you write down, and read through them ?!, or do you just go with what you've initially wrote down ?!, do you read through them after writing them down ?, or do you just "press that post button"

lets have a discussion below~!

also; an example of me re-editing some of my stuff, just check the circles, if you want to compare the differences xD

asdada.jpg

I proofread my sentences before and after I post them. Sometimes, you think you fixed something and you really didn't. The autocorrect is turned off on my phone so I have to for anyone to understand my text. I got severely irritated by it changing good grammar and appropriate words to different (not remotely similar) words that changed the meaning of my text entirely. I'd rather proofread than use autocorrect.

• Agree 1

9 minutes ago, Beocat said:

I proofread my sentences before and after I post them. Sometimes, you think you fixed something and you really didn't. The autocorrect is turned off on my phone so I have to for anyone to understand my text. I got severely irritated by it changing good grammar and appropriate words to different (not remotely similar) words that changed the meaning of my text entirely. I'd rather proofread than use autocorrect.

right ?!, auto correct (which changes the overall message, either to the one that's correct, or a whole different word that just makes you erase it and have to re-type it all over again) is just ugh, as compared to proof reading, which just takes some time, but atleast im using my own knowledge, when fixing them up, and my own words, no less >.>

...though it does come with a cost, my grammar isn't top-tier, so there is a 10% chance, i will use the wrong word, (e.g. "atleast, google is telling me its "AT LEAST", i do what i want google >.<)

that and, incase anyone's hasn't noticed yet, i tend to not press shift key to make my first letter Capital, its not hard, but it just...feels hassle-ish, unless im being formal about my typing >.<

Nine times out of ten I check my spelling, and grammar before posting anything. Though I normally do this while I am typing something up unless it is very important then I'll check it several times before posting it to ensure it is error free. In short it just depends.

tumblr_oxzhd664se1wzl06zo2_540.gif

I wind up editing my posts WAY more than I probably should.  It just seems every time I re-read what I typed it doesn't sound right or I think of a better way of wording it. I also have a tendency to use clips/images to illustrate things (a picture is worth a thousand words).

I guess my awkwardness in expressing myself doesn't just apply to speaking :P

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Ohiotaku said:

I wind up editing my posts WAY more than I probably should.  It just seems every time I re-read what I typed it doesn't sound right or I think of a better way of wording it. I also have a tendency to use clips/images to illustrate things (a picture is worth a thousand words).

I completely understand that. I also am a very fast typist too so that dose not help at times normally going at 35-45 wpm.

• Silly 1

Literally all the time. We end up editing probably about 40% of things we post, simply because of random grammatical errors or pressing a key twice by mistake. We also edit if we reread and see that we've overused a certain word. For example we just edited this because we used the word 'something' far too much. Even if it's something that we posted 4 weeks ago in an active Discord chat, if we notice something while scrolling through the logs looking for something else, we'll still edit it.

• Like 1

I do it all the time.  I mean, I don't obsess over it or anything, but somehow, no matter how many times I proofread, I don't see the last couple typos or grammar errors until just after I post.  Just one of the ways the ghods like to F with me I guess.  :D

• Agree 1

5 hours ago, ArchieKun said:

I completely understand that. I also am a very fast typist too so that dose not help at times normally going at 35-45 wpm.

35-45wpm isnt fast, thats average >.>

37 minutes ago, efaardvark said:

I do it all the time.  I mean, I don't obsess over it or anything, but somehow, no matter how many times I proofread, I don't see the last couple typos or grammar errors until just after I post.  Just one of the ways the ghods like to F with me I guess.  :D

^this, this so much

5 hours ago, Ohiotaku said:

Yea, i tend to do that (atleast on, whenever i start a topic? Incase you guys have not notices, i start things with an image to show what the topic.may be about)

Images being added, aslong as its not a 10000x10000, is hella good too

33 minutes ago, XII360 said:

35-45wpm isnt fast, thats average >.>

^this, this so much

Yea, i tend to do that (atleast on, whenever i start a topic? Incase you guys have not notices, i start things with an image to show what the topic.may be about)

Images being added, aslong as its not a 10000x10000, is hella good too

I consider it fast enough. I am not one of those race horse typers, but I get the job done I'd say.