Favorite Quotes

Ohayotaku

So what are some of your favorite quotes? Can be anything: Philosophy , song lyrics, tv, movie, literature. Serious or tongue in cheek. Insightful or cliche.  Feel free to elaborate on what it means to you ... or not :P

A couple of mine

"It's not having what you want, it's wanting what you've got" -- Sheryl Crow

"I understand about indecision, but I don't care if I get behind. People livin' in competition, all I want is to have my peace of mind" -- Boston

• Like 1

"Creation is an emberassing process, and dreams are emberassing as well. You can't help it, its common. But its not something you shouldn't belitter yourself over" - Kaiki, Monogatari 2nd season

“Fools have a habit of believing that everything written by a famous author is admirable. For my part I read only to please myself and like only what suits my taste.” - from Candide by Voltaire (I think it was Venetian noble man who said that in the book)

“Many a man has a treasure in his hoard that he knows not the worth of." - Beowulf, translation by J.R.R Tolkien

• Like 1

On 9/15/2018 at 11:44 AM, Ohiotaku said:

So what are some of your favorite quotes? Can be anything: Philosophy , song lyrics, tv, movie, literature. Serious or tongue in cheek. Insightful or cliche.  Feel free to elaborate on what it means to you ... or not :P

A couple of mine

"It's not having what you want, it's wanting what you've got" -- Sheryl Crow

"I understand about indecision, but I don't care if I get behind. People livin' in competition, all I want is to have my peace of mind" -- Boston

im just gonna...throw these two down here 

peopledie.jpg -- shirou emiya

DjJeh14XoAAdPTy.jpg -- blackbeard (wise words)

• Like 1
  • Funny 1

"Screw the rules, I have money" "I have to regain my dignity by winning in a children's card game" - Seto Kaiba, YGOAS

"Baby Pharaoh wants milk! Somebody, fetch me a nipple" - Baby Atem, YGOAS

"I have fought sixty battles, and I haven't learned anything which I didn't know before" - Napoleon Bonaparte

See, if you're enlightened like I am, then you know the real show is down below: the booty, baby! That's where it's at! Nothing trumps the rump, my friend. Anyone who can't see that is either blind or a fool. That's why I say enough with this mass boob hysteria. It's time to set things right. It's time to give the ass the respect it deserves!

- Dandy

• Like 1

These are some of my favourite Anime quotes.

"A person who cannot sacrifice everything, won't be able to change anything." -Armin Arlert

"I don't like the terms 'good person' or 'bad person' because it's impossible to be entirely good to everyone or entirely bad to everyone. To some you are a good person, while to others you are a bad person." -Armin Arlert

"This is Hell ... No. The situation did not become hellish. It's just that so far, we were too blind to see it. It's always been Hell from the beginning. The strong devour the weak." -Armin Arlert 

"The only thing we're allowed to do is to believe we won't regret the choice we made." -Levi Ackerman

"Why is it that the beautiful things are entwined more deeply with death than with life?" -Ken Kaneki

"If I'm weak, everyone will be killed ..." -Ken Kaneki

"I'm not the protagonist of a novel or anything ... I'm a college student who likes to read, like you find anywhere. But, if, for argument's sake, you were to write a story with me in the lead role ... It would certainly be a tragedy." -Ken Kaneki

"Sometimes I do feel like I'm a failure. Likes there's no hope for me. But even so, I'm not gonna give up. Ever!" -Izuku Midoriya

• 1 month later...

"1000 miles per hour is still a limit. The speed of light is still a limit.  Perfect speed doesn't have limits.  Perfect speed is being there." - Elder Seagull

"My interest is in the future because I am going to spend the rest of my life there."  - Charles Kettering (inventor of the automobile carburetor)

Edited by efaardvark

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

"𝓂𝓎 𝓉𝒽𝑜𝓊𝑔𝒽𝓉𝓈 𝒶𝓇𝑒 𝓁𝒾𝓀𝑒 𝓈𝓉𝒶𝓇𝓈. 𝒾 𝓈𝒾𝓂𝓅𝓁𝓎 𝒸𝒶𝓃𝓃𝑜𝓉 𝒻𝒶𝓉𝒽𝑜𝓂 𝒾𝓃𝓉𝑜 𝒸𝑜𝓃𝓈𝓉𝑒𝓁𝓁𝒶𝓉𝒾𝑜𝓃𝓈"

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Your value doesn't decrease based on someone's inability to see your worth.

On 9/17/2018 at 5:36 PM, Muco said:

Life is too bitter, so coffee, at least, should be sweet...

~ Hikigaya Hachiman

I love this, but what if coffee just prepares you for the bitterness of the world?

I take my cream and sugar with a side of coffee ☕😉

And @leinwandname I loved reading Voltaire and Rousseau on the Lisbon disaster.

• Like 1