Favorite Quotes

Ohayotaku

"Your right hand comes off?" -Leon Kennedy, Resident Evil 4

"There is nothing about this whole scenario that doesn't make me so disgusted that I want to violently vomit out my own internal organs. I despise you both so intensely, I can't tell if my vision is blurry from my near-death experience, or from my unforgiving rage. If allowed, once I am back to full health, I will gut you with an honest-to-God smile on my face, and then proceed to paint the home I build with your bodies with your very blood." -Bardock, Dragon Ball Z Abridged

“There are many types of monsters that scare me: Monsters who cause trouble without showing themselves, monsters who abduct children, monsters who devour dreams, monsters who suck blood... and then, monsters who tell nothing but lies. Lying monsters are a real nuisance: They are much more cunning than others. They pose as humans even though they have no understanding of the human heart; they eat even though they've never experienced hunger; they study even though they have no interest in academics; they seek friendship even though they do not know how to love. If I were to encounter such monsters, I would likely be eaten by them... because in truth, I am that monster.”
-L Lawliet

"You often hurt the ones you get close with and care for."
-Kohaku

• Like 2

• 3 months later...

Shigure: Even if I drink, I am never drunk.

Yuki: You just always seem drunk.

- - Fruits Basket 2019

Edited by Ohiotaku

"Everyone needs to be valued. Everyone has the potential to give something back." -Princess Diana.

"Don't compare yourself to anyone else in this world. If you do so, you are insulting yourself." -Bill Gates.

"You can't connect the dots looking forward; you can only connect them looking backwards. So you have to trust that the dots will somehow connect in your future." -Steve Jobs.

"Live. Laugh. Love." -Kim Jong-Un.

• Funny 1

9 hours ago, Sasuke said:

"Live. Laugh. Love." -Kim Jong-Un.

Lollllll.

Mine:

I am in charge of how I feel and today I am choosing happiness.

Sometimes you win and sometimes you learn.

• Like 1
  • Friendly 1

• 1 month later...

"If we are lending money that we ostensibly don't have, to kids who really have no hope of paying it back, in order to train them for jobs that clearly don't exist, I might suggest that we've gone around the bend a little bit." -Mike Rowe

• Agree 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...

"Too much of anything is bad, but too much good whiskey is barely enough." - Mark Twain

"After the hurricane is gone, where do people put all that plywood?" - George Carlin

"If you have a garden and a library, you have everything you need." - Marcus Tullius Cicero

• 1 month later...

"Oh it's very easy to manipulate someone who has a weakness" - Arachne Gorgon (Soul Eater)
"It's like this train. It can't run anywhere except where it's rails take it" - Cloud Strife (FF)
"A sound soul dwells within a sound mind & sound body." - Maka Albarn (Soul Eater)
"I have no value without [the Eva]. My life is worthless without it. Then, what am I? What am I?" - Shinji Ikari (Neon Genesis)

"From the perspective of others I am part of the world, but when I observe the world from my perspective I am nowhere to be found. To observe is to create perspective. I can never cease to be the point of origin from my perspective. I observe that which is not myself. This is the first principle to find." - Proxy One (Ergo Proxy)

• 1 month later...
18 hours ago, viruxx said:

"Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth." - Marcus Aurelius

Marcus Aurelius was a very wise man.

"The evil that men do lives after them" - from "Julius Caesar" by William Shakespeare.

• Like 1

"Before you marry a person, you should first make them use a computer with slow internet to see who they really are." - Will Ferrell

If whoever the woman I meet does this to me, then I'm doomed. 🤣

"Never try to teach a pig to sing, it wastes your time and annoys the pig"

I don't know who said this, it was one of a number of quotes I saw on a list somewhere.  While not really a favourite quote there are situations where I've found it a very useful one to remember.

• 4 weeks later...

"If you have time to fantasize about a beautiful end, then just live beautifully 'til the end."
- Gintoki Sakata

"It lets me stand on my feet, it lets me walk forward without trembling. If I stop here, I feel like it would break... My soul will break."
- Gintoki Sakata

"I promise, I'll come back."
- Akira Fudo

"Demons exist, there could be one right next to you."
- Ryo Asuka

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Dimitrios said:

"Demons exist, there could be one right next to you."

- Ryo Asuka

Being in direct customer service, I can vouch 200% for that quote's accuracy.

• Like 2
  • Funny 1

• 4 weeks later...