Hi All

3YearsinJapan

@3YearsinJapan Welcome to Anime Forums. Kobe, eh? I hope it's nice there. If you want to find anime recommendations, there's a thread around. Here it is:

But anyone may also leave their suggestions here. Tell me what's your favourite anime and maybe from that I can give you a recommendation.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, 3YearsinJapan said:

Hi All, very new here, I am living in Kobe Japan and just moved here from the UK. I am trying to learn about Anime as I havent really watched much before, do you have any tips for what to watch first? 

welcome to af~, to be honest, never heard of "kobe" (but to be also honest, im not great at history/good at geography)

as roxeg-senpai has stated, we have recom-threads, but as he also said, everyone wont mind helping you in this thread

and also, as neptune-senpai has said, Death note is a fun anime that gets allot of people into anime~

...hope you enjoy your stay in AF~

(anyone else noticed, i literally said nothing, but say, "someone else said something", and this message is pretty much, TLDR is : "welcome to af" ?, no one? good >.>)

• Like 1
  • Funny 1

I recently watched "The Asterisk War" which is a pretty cool anime if you're into the whole futuristic setting. Also watching anime is about personal preference so just find something you like the look of or are into and see how it goes. I usually like to give an anime 5 or so episodes before I make my decision whether or not to watch all of it.  And remember some animes may start out slow and build-up over time so it's really just a matter of dedicating some time to getting to the tasty parts.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

Welcome to AF. ^^ Anime is a awesome thing to get into, and very fun learning about the series as well as the community. Can't go wrong with Dragonball Z. Its old, but certainly stood the test of time. Its a great one to start with. I also agree very much that death note is great one to start with. Its a bit deeper then dbz so it'll give you a feel for anime perhaps even more. May also want to check out Full Metal Alchemist Brotherhood, or the original series if you want. They are some I started with when I was a little further along, but they created a good foundation for me. Hope they will for you too if you chose to watch them. In truth there is a lot of anime out there nowa days a crazy amount honestly. Sp whatever you end up watching you'll learn quite a bit.