Anyone have a favourite zombie anime?

Hatsune_Werewolf

I just recently finished school-live which was a really well done zombie apocalypse anime it was like dawn of the dead for high school. 

I really loved Sankarea: Undying Love and High School of the dead.

I consider these three anime personally, to be the greatest zombie animes I have seen. I know of Is this a Zombie i think its called its ok but that isnt really zombie related. its just some goofy monster girl harem comedy. 

But if you know a good zombie anime, please make some recommendations ^^

Unfortunately I do believe you've now seen every proper zombie anime in existence currently.

However keep an eye out for Zombieland Saga, which is an anime original airing soon I do believe.

Looks odd, but I have decent hopes. Mostly riding on the fact that it's an anime original, and companies would be actually stupid to not put some form of effort into those, as the cost of them hurts real bad if the show flops.

Ah zombie anime the stuff of all our nightmares. Just kidding of course its awesome stuff. ^^ I would have to say my favorite one would have to be Tokyo Ghoul. Its dark, and a bit tense at times though thats all I am saying no spoilers. Another you may want to check out is Zombie Loan, and Sonkarea. Honestly Sonkarea in my opinion is as good if not better then Tokyo Ghoul at least in terms of the anime manga is a different story with those. Though I think you'll enjoy all of these.

tokyo ghoul is a zombie anime? Im sorry if this bothers you, but I couldnt even finish the first episode of tokyo ghoul the main character just completely bothered me lol

However keep an eye out for Zombieland Saga, which is an anime original airing soon I do believe.

Its like the anime drama adaptation of shaun of the dead lol

3 minutes ago, Hatsune_Werewolf said:

tokyo ghoul is a zombie anime? Im sorry if this bothers you, but I couldnt even finish the first episode of tokyo ghoul the main character just completely bothered me lol

Technically yes it is more, or less. It dosen't bother me you have a right to your opinion some like it some don't. Sonkarea however is a more traditional zombie anime, and is very good though surprisingly less known.

Funny backstory on how I found sankarea undying love is that i was actually looking for is this a zombie out of boredom for something to watch but i couldnt remember is this a zombie's title and I accidently mistaken sankarea as Is this a zombie and was well then this is better than what i was trying to look for lol

2 minutes ago, ArchieKun said:

Sonkarea however is a more traditional zombie anime, and is very good though surprisingly less known.

lol 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Hatsune_Werewolf said:

Funny backstory on how I found sankarea undying love is that i was actually looking for is this a zombie out of boredom for something to watch but i couldnt remember is this a zombie's title and I accidently mistaken sankarea as Is this a zombie and was well then this is better than what i was trying to look for lol

lol 

Always good finding things you weren't exspecting they tend to be the best. So what other zombie themed animes have you seen.

I havent seen any other true zombie animes that is excluding any of the cgi resident evil feature films honestly their not really anime more like video game adaptations parallel to the video games original universe. I seen tons of anime that have references to zombies in some way but its very brief or in others just resurrection than really zombies. Monster Musume had a zombie girl but that was just comedic relief and entertainment for the sake of monster girl fan service. Corpse Princess comes to mind but again its like resurrection than zombies still undead in relation though. 

I know that there is a manga called I am hero that is a zombie apocalypse story i havent gotten the chance to get around to reading it though. Just as I was typing this Super Sonico the animation had a episode that was themed for zombies. They werent zombies but the whole episode was setup as a zombie outbreak on a cruise ship which heavily reminded me of a resident evil game for the gameboy colour called resident evil: Gaiden wonder if it was nitroplus's way of making that obscure shout out to resident evil fans with super sonico lol. 

That’s basically it for zombie anime unfortunately. There’s Is This a Zombie!?, but that’s really just a harem series. There’s also Le Chevalier D’Eon, but that stopped being about zombies after about 3 episodes and started being about a spy hunting magical poets using Bible passages to kill him. While that sounds cool, it wasn’t very good.

So digging through my mass of anime magazines I was reading through one of my issues of otaku usa august 2016 bimonthly issue to be exact, but anyways they to had a zombie manga top 10 list i know its not anime but I thought I share it as mutual interest to everyone joining into this thread.

1) Fort Of Apocalypse           2) Biomega

3) Magical Girl Apocalypse  4) Sankarea: Undying Love 

5) Living Corpse   6) School - Live 

7) Tokyo Zombie  8 ) Reiko the zombie shop

9) Grand Guignol Characters   10) Hellsing 

That was otaku usa's top 10 zombie manga count, in addition to those titles there is also I am a hero and another one called Hour of the zombie something from what i read of its review that is similar to high school of the dead in some context, its at a high school and the zombie apocalypse starts with a love triangle, way cliche lol ^^

• 2 weeks later...

I haven't watched many zombie related anime, but Gakkougurashi! was pretty good. The only other zombie one I've seen that comes to mind is High School of the Dead, which didn't do much for me.

I would say Princess Resurrection probably qualifies, and I enjoyed it quite a bit.

And  I just finished the first episode of Zombie Land Saga and thought it was hillarious.  Will be a challenge to keep it fresh for a whole season though.

Edited by Ohiotaku

ok ill come say hi and add to the list as I haven't seen them mentioned (and its a thread finally worth commenting on after so long)

I rather enjoyed these two the first more so (its a movie not a series)

[mal type=anime id=28625]

and

[mal type=anime id=5034]

but with the other zombie animes out there that ive watched and enjoyed these to where up top of the list

hope they are to peoples likings one way or another

as for zombieland sage sorry dude but after seeing first ep I don't think it will be holding my interest too long but ill give it a few more

I probably should add this one too as I just remembered it and had enjoyed it as well but its a little different than youd expect for a zombie series

[mal type=anime id=16009]