The Minecraft Topic

Geano

Hi gamers, and anime fans here is the newest minecraft topic for anime forums. There have been a couple in the past, but they are very old. Since Minecraft is still fairly popular thought may as well kick off the new gaming forum by starting a new topic for Minecraft.

So what do you guys like about the game, and the minecraft community as a whole. What do you do in Minecraft most of the time. By the way feel free to post images here just please do not advertise things like servers as that dose technically go against the forum guidelines. Though if you want to mention what you do on servers, or a specific server in conversational context that is ok.

So lets all talk Minecraft guys.

• Like 1

I haven't played in a few years now. I was really into the game and actively played it for a long time but I was never really into single player I don't even think I ever finished the game on my own since I spent so much time on multiplayer in private servers or public servers ran by people I knew which was my favorite part of the game. I probably wont go back to the game since these were the only reason I played really. Its cool to see that people are still enjoying the game today, I haven't kept up with any updates so I'm sure there are a bunch of new cool things.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Roxeg said:

I did play that a fair amount of time back then, it was the only thing I’d play when I got home after school. 

I usually went on servers, mostly survival ones, and I made a bunch of temporary friends here and there, but they would all vanish at some point. 

The last times I’ve played Minecraft (some months ago) I’ve spent the time playing in single player, since I realized how awful the general community could be sometimes. Nothing better than enjoying building by myself, if only I could have played with someone I trust (T_T)...

i played MC with a friend before (it was...fun but also "what the f*ck", or "is that a pen*s tower ?"-ish, majority was pen*s tower though, 

he also did a "tail red" building, which is 9/10, couse it looked like tail red, but it also was..unique >.>

i had to deal with lag though, since, he was in europe, while i was in asia, (thus server lag was but neigh, impossible to not happened, especially since it was his server), but the lag was bearable, not one that you cant play onto

to bad i didn't really save much images of those times, though we still keep in contact (since he is my best friend), but he has work now, and i have an ass school >.>

thats not to say, we have other games we cant play now though ;o (i.e, dead rising, dont starve, etc etc)

but yea, majorly, it was fun,

the communitteeeaaa on the other handddd...wellllll, 

no comment on that boi's  >.>

edit: this gave me an idea on a gaming thread tho', but at the same time, it feels stupid, so i wont make a thread about it, in the meantime, what does everyone feel about AF multiplayer server ?!

no idea who would host, that of with a good internet speed/dedicated, that's why i said its a stupid idea from the get-go xD

+/- (plus or minus), time we probably dont have >.>

Edited by XII360
incidentally, FINALS NEXT WEEK, KILL MEEEE AHHH
  • Like 1
  • Informative 1

12 hours ago, Roxeg said:

I did play that a fair amount of time back then, it was the only thing I’d play when I got home after school. 

I usually went on servers, mostly survival ones, and I made a bunch of temporary friends here and there, but they would all vanish at some point. 

The last times I’ve played Minecraft (some months ago) I’ve spent the time playing in single player, since I realized how awful the general community could be sometimes. Nothing better than enjoying building by myself, if only I could have played with someone I trust (T_T)...

I have taken a good 4 months off, and am a bit rusty currently, but I am getting back into the swing of things. I mainly play creative to build huge structures like castles. Though I want to get better at survival too. Though I first got into the game back with version 1.8 back a few years ago.

11 hours ago, Shift said:

I haven't played in a few years now. I was really into the game and actively played it for a long time but I was never really into single player I don't even think I ever finished the game on my own since I spent so much time on multiplayer in private servers or public servers ran by people I knew which was my favorite part of the game. I probably wont go back to the game since these were the only reason I played really. Its cool to see that people are still enjoying the game today, I haven't kept up with any updates so I'm sure there are a bunch of new cool things.

The multiplayer is where I spend a good part of my time in tthe game as well. I understand not wanting to go back in it is very addictive, and sometimes hard to put down.

• Like 2

I have an obsession with digging holes in Minecraft and hoarding blocks I think are pretty. I liked playing with friends in the past and being a tourist to the things they build. I don't have anyone to play with now though and I find it boring alone

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Roxeg said:

When I played with a friend from time to time, they would also be building lots of those, hehe...

A multiplayer server, eh? Can you be more specific?

idunno, it was just a random idea, but also a stupid one, say, we get together and make some sort of tournament, or best-house-building-scenerio, or something along those lines

though only AF-users would be allowed, and given the direct IP on server location and all, making its a AF-private server i guess ?

just a random idea i had, while giving my head a chillax-state from exams really >.<

3 minutes ago, XII360 said:

idunno, it was just a random idea, but also a stupid one, say, we get together and make some sort of tournament, or best-house-building-scenerio, or something along those lines

though only AF-users would be allowed, and given the direct IP on server location and all, making its a AF-private server i guess ?

just a random idea i had, while giving my head a chillax-state from exams really >.<

Thats honestly not a bad idea though this would clearly be limited to java minecraft users aka users on pc, or mac not the consoles. Not a bad idea for the future to be sure. Probably not for a while since costs a bit to set up a 24/7 server. I have done several of them in the past.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ArchieKun said:

Thats honestly not a bad idea though this would clearly be limited to java minecraft users aka users on pc, or mac not the consoles. Not a bad idea for the future to be sure. Probably not for a while since costs a bit to set up a 24/7 server. I have done several of them in the past.

i-idunno, its just a wierd idea of mines >.<

doesn't really need to be dedicated server, i think, could be for event reasons and such, or just for fun, just a wierd and dum-dum-fever thought of mines ;o

it gave me an idea though, and ima post something after exam's, but ill probably ask in PM first, assuming i still remember o_o (that or make a "suggestion topic" or something, idunno, its still jumbled up, along with what im studying >.>)

9 hours ago, Kohloo said:

I have an obsession with digging holes in Minecraft and hoarding blocks I think are pretty. I liked playing with friends in the past and being a tourist to the things they build. I don't have anyone to play with now though and I find it boring alone

i thought i replied to this quote, wierd, i blame exams >.>

but yea, i betcha meet lava's often when digging straight down xD (but then again, who hasn't dug straight down when playing MC ?!)

Edited by XII360
boop boop, even if i fail, i will pass~ >:o

41 minutes ago, XII360 said:

doesn't really need to be dedicated server, i think, could be for event reasons and such, or just for fun, just a wierd and dum-dum-fever thought of mines ;o

it gave me an idea though, and ima post something after exam's, but ill probably ask in PM first, assuming i still remember o_o (that or make a "suggestion topic" or something, idunno, its still jumbled up, along with what im studying >.>)

but yea, i betcha meet lava's often when digging straight down xD (but then again, who hasn't dug straight down when playing MC ?!)

What have you built in Minecraft any I am very carious. I have done many castles, a few ships a town, and mansion. Of course a lot more then that though those are my greatest accomplishments.

8 minutes ago, XII360 said:

An alchemist den, a teitokou HQ, and a boxed house xD

And also some stuff like roads and stuff near house, couse i mean, it is my house soo

I did a rainbow road once very similar to the snes version of Mario Kart called Super Mario Kart. Was a pretty large build.

• Awesome (Sugoi) 1

Ooh, you meant MC server. Hmm... I wouldn't be against that, in all honesty.

I personally like the collaborative servers where everyone builds a different part of the same mega structure, or the ones with games like bed wars.

• Like 1

Just now, Roxeg said:

Well, all we’re missing is a host.

True, and more importantly a way to pay for it.

If I may take the conversation a slightly different direction. Dose anyone here who plays minecraft into modding the game.

• Agree 1

On 9/22/2018 at 9:17 PM, XII360 said:

I don't really dig straight down though. I essentially make ever expanding caves that go deeper and deeper lmao. Sometimes you'll come across a hidey-hole in them where I've decided to live temporarily!

If your in survival digging straight down can lead to your doom easily with lava, or even gravel suffocating you. Even in creative sincee you cam destroy blocks with one click then you can fall out of the world.

• Like 1

First of all you have to understand that while I played MC a lot in the past, I haven't played at all since about 1.3-ish.  I think horses were all the rage back then.  Then the server I was playing on with friends started having trouble with its provider, and the people I was with just kind of stopped playing.  I always have more stuff to do than time to do it anyway, and other things got priority  It was only relatively recently that I rediscovered some old files on my system related to that game and mentioned them to my brother in an email.  He came back with, "I have a backup of the old game files too.  Maybe I could find another provider and we could get it going again" and...

As it turns out, for various reasons we started a new survival game from scratch.  😮  Right now we're just catching up on all the new content since then.  All the coral biome stuff is new (to me) for example.  In our old game we never saw igloos, Drowned, turtles, polar bears, dolphins, or that dang skeleton variety in the icy biome(s) that shoots arrows of slowness.  We've all got much better computers now, as well as faster internet too, so we're enjoying the smoother multiplayer gameplay.  I think I may even have still been on dialup for my internet back then.

We'll probably play it through to the end of the crafting tree, then.. who knows?  Currently we're in the nether trying to find a fortress to get some blazes to get some blaze rods for blaze powder, which we want because we built our own village and want to cure some villager-zombies to populate it with.  Curing requires golden apples and a splash potion of weakness, so we need to get a brewing stand going.  Brewing stands need blaze powder now too (another difference from when I last played mc) so that's another reason we need a supply of blaze rods.  Other random stuff as opportunity presents.  Last time I talked to him my brother was considering building a roller coaster in the village from parts from an old mineshaft we found.  :D Etc.  Etc..

That's quite an experience, it's got to be so much fun.

That's why I like sandbox games like MC where you can build stuff according to your own plan.  Not that we actually have a plan.  But yes, we do have fun.  :)

• Agree 1

15 hours ago, efaardvark said:

Tamed wolves... love having them around when I'm out mob-hunting, but sometimes they're just too in-my-face when I'm trying to build stuff!

2018-09-23_09_33_12.thumb.png.9ff0b649293c7c38d9a414194837c80a.png

Whats your favorite, and least favorite mod to go hunting for? My least favorite is endermen as they are just tricky to deal with. Its hard to say exactly what my favorite one to hunt is.

4 hours ago, ArchieKun said:

Whats your favorite, and least favorite

Least favorite.. aside from summon-only mobs like Ender Dragons or withers?  :D Least favorite is probably things like phantoms, and ghasts, because they can fly.  Easiest is probably skeletons, especially with a pack of dogs/wolves, but zombies are almost as easy and have (slightly) better drops.  It really depends on what I'm equipped with/ready for though.  Attacking a blaze is kind of tough unless you have snowballs for instance.  Getting surprised by a creeper is always bad, but hunting them with a bow or an axe is easy.  It just depends.

when I play the minecraft.  I tend to play the mod pixelmon.  (a pokemon mod)  I feel it gives a good feel for both games and just have a bit of fun with it.  Getting badges and such are a pain though. (you need to get pretty high levels going for that.)  And the beginning can be a bit painful trying to find a village just so you can access a pokemon center.  So It's a lot of minecraft with fainted pokemon until you get enough foods for traveling.

Finally found a swamp biome!  I've been looking for a swamp so I can make slime blocks and leads for a couple weeks now.  We're playing with large biomes in a survival game and it really makes gathering the raw material challenging sometimes.  Fun - I like exploring, especially with so much new content in the game to discover - but time consuming.

Still looking for a jungle too... so I can make cookies.  :)

15 minutes ago, efaardvark said:

Finally found a swamp biome!  I've been looking for a swamp so I can make slime blocks and leads for a couple weeks now.  We're playing with large biomes in a survival game and it really makes gathering the raw material challenging sometimes.  Fun - I like exploring, especially with so much new content in the game to discover - but time consuming.

Still looking for a jungle too... so I can make cookies.  :)

I have a "high mountain/terrain" game that I have the same issue with.  I love the tall terrain everywhere (lots of water in between too so it is easy to travel between) but I cannot for the life of me find a jungle.  I lucked out with jungle saplings in my start-up chest but no cookies for me :( and no cats either unless I try to plant a jungle forest and hope they magically spawn around the trees.  I ended up making a copy of the save and opening the copy in creative mode to see if I could fly around to find one.  Found lots of isolated villages but no jungles.  Been working on creating my giant map on the wall.  Got one more map to fill out to finish it.

• Like 1