The Minecraft Topic

Geano

I was thinking about reinstalling the RLCraft modpack on a local server but the modpack needs v1.12.2 and 1.12.2 needs java 8.  I've got java 11 - which I need for other things - so .. not happening.  Unfortunate, but probably for the best, all things considered.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Largest creation on 2b2t to date?  A giant pekora likeness made out of 2.1M blocks of obsidian.  Some people have way too much time on their hands.  :D

Edited by efaardvark

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

For me, the minecrift phenomenon is surprising. On the one hand, when I was younger, I spent quite a lot of hours on it building strange buildings, I walked and collected all the necessary things and even met some really cool people, on the other hand, when I look at it from the perspective of a few years, it seems to me now I wouldn't have the patience for this style of play. Not enough explosions haha! Of course, from time to time I play with my sister, but it is a maximum of 2 hours and I am already bored. Although when I'm in the store and I see a backpack / t-shirt etc. with a minecraft theme, I want to buy it right away: D

• 5 months later...

When the gang gets together to fight the Ender Dragon, chaos and hilarity can't be far off ... especially with this crew!  :D

So I was reading the wiki on the new(ish) villager/village mechanics & it sounds like the game defines a village as a set of beds within a certain distance (32 blocks?) of a "significant" block (bell, or bed) horizontally and 5 blocks vertically.  That got me to wondering if you could stack villages vertically.  Think of a bell in the center of a 64x64 field of beds.  Then clone that and place it maybe 10 blocks above the first, then do that again for maybe 10 levels or so. 

We could name the construction "Aincrad".  :D   Probably call it something else less printable tho since I imagine the lag would be .. substantial with all those entities crammed in a few chunks.