For a friend

Streamstar

Question

Heyo, I am back with needing more recommendations, but this time, it is for a friend. She is very sweet and is looking for new animes so I was wondering if you knew animes that fit these categories:

Absolutely no Ecchi

Female main characters

No romance

Not to scary

Thank you!

7 answers to this question

A Place Further than the Universe - a group of high school girls go on an expedition to Antarctica, learning about friendship and not giving up on your dreams (highly recommended)

Yuru Camp - very funny & cute show about girls enjoying the great outdoors

Flying Witch - charming slice-of-life series

Some older series:

Magic Knight Rayearth - older show about junior high girls on a quest to save a fantasy world (some romance in the first season, but not central to the story.  a bit more in the second season)

R.O.D. tv series - the main characters are all female, most of whom have the ability to manipulate paper in different ways the ova series has quite a bit of fanservice).

Edited by Ohiotaku

Tamako Market (if you don't want romance then just skip on the sequel movie. It's entirely optional, and while it is a great movie, it does add romance to the mix.)

Patema Inverted

Could you define "too scary" btw, I have a couple that would work but I'm not too sure whether or not they'd go too far. Like blood here and there etc, but nothing excessive.

Ok...heh I could name off almost a couple hundred titles but here's a small list just basing off of what your friend is trying to look into 

AKB0048   Anime-Gataris

Dirty Pair Flash   Ramen Fighter Miki 

Your Under Arrest   Gunsmith Cats 

Nuku Nuku All Purpose Cultural Cat Girl 

Flip Flappers   K-ON! 

School-Live    SoniAni - Super Sonico The Animation

New Game!    Super Gals!

Lucky Star!    Katana Maidens 

Love Live School Idol Project 

Azumanga Diaoh   Pani Poni Dash 

Bodacious Space Pirates 

Cardcaptor Sakura    Chance Pop Session 

Key The Metal Idol 

The list can just keep going on and on lol...Im sorry but that should keep your friend busy for at least three months ^^

4 hours ago, awesomedude20 said:

Tamako Market (if you don't want romance then just skip on the sequel movie. It's entirely optional, and while it is a great movie, it does add romance to the mix.)

Patema Inverted

Could you define "too scary" btw, I have a couple that would work but I'm not too sure whether or not they'd go too far. Like blood here and there etc, but nothing excessive.

Just tell we what you have, I am going to be watching them so I can see if they are too scary.

Just now, Streamstar said:

Just tell we what you have, I am going to be watching them so I can see if they are too scary.

Alrighty.

Princess Principal (this one really isn't too bad, but there is some blood, sword fights, death, all that jazz. Nothing extremely graphic by any means. It's an incredibly fun steampunk spy anime, but it isn't a super light fluffy show either.)

Flip Flappers (An extremely fun show, absolutely nails its fantasy aspect. It does however have a tiny bit of fanservice here and there, but definitely not enough to overly take away from the show. Episode 5 is also horror themed, and it does a damn good job of that, so check that episode, but other than that, you should be fine.)

2 hours ago, awesomedude20 said:

Alrighty.

Princess Principal (this one really isn't too bad, but there is some blood, sword fights, death, all that jazz. Nothing extremely graphic by any means. It's an incredibly fun steampunk spy anime, but it isn't a super light fluffy show either.)

Flip Flappers (An extremely fun show, absolutely nails its fantasy aspect. It does however have a tiny bit of fanservice here and there, but definitely not enough to overly take away from the show. Episode 5 is also horror themed, and it does a damn good job of that, so check that episode, but other than that, you should be fine.)

Thank you!❤️