Brynhildr in the Darkness (Gokukoku no Buryunhirude)

Kunoichifox

I just watched the first episode and it seemed interesting, I dont usually watch subtitled anime, I am very picky on what series I am willing to do this with, but I heard this was by the same director as Elfen Lied, and had to check it out, I might actually continue this one as I still have a month of free crunchyroll left, which I was only using to watch Sailor moon Crystal. reason I dont like subtitles is I dont like reading while I am watching something.

Ugh... this anime. I watched it back when it was airing, but dropped it just due to it becoming extremely uninteresting, as well as just gory in general. I've heard that the manga is far superior in comparison though, so I would recommend checking that out if I were you.

Has the manga been picked up by anyone, I prefer to buy manga not illegally read scans online?,

also as I remember Elfen Lied was really gory at times, so hearing this about this series doesn't surprise me at all, Elfen Lied had people dismembered in so many ways, or ripped in half in gruesome fashion.

Has the manga been picked up by anyone, I prefer to buy manga not illegally read scans online?,

It appears not, if thats the case, you may be better off just watching the anime then. And since you don't mind gore, you might enjoy the series better than I did.

• Agree 1

• 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...
This is one of my most re-watched and enjoyed anime series of all time - so far to date I have re-watched it 7 times, and planning to re-watch it again for an 8th time round in a couple of weeks time :)

Wow you rely do like it!, I wish they would translate the manga! Itd be amazing

• Like 1

Yep, yes you could say that I really do like it a lot! Hee hee! :D

It's first opening theme musical score is my most listened to anime opening theme song of all time ;)

I also firmly believe that it is more than deserving of a second season too :)

Edited by Guest
  • Agree 1

*Drools*

Will you and your husband be my friends for life x) ?

But of course! I'm sure we will! :D Admittedly he's not as much into anime as I am, but he does really love and enjoy Kuroko's Basketball (he's much more into Breaking Bad, Game Of Thrones, The Walking Dead, Hannibal and The X Files, all of which I'm not, lol!) :P

Just trying to decide on when to watch Brynhildr In The Darkness again ;)

Edited by Guest

But of course! I'm sure we will! :D Admittedly he's not as much into anime as I am, but he does really love and enjoy Kuroko's Basketball (he's much more into Breaking Bad, Game Of Thrones, The Walking Dead, Hannibal and The X Files, all of which I'm not, lol!) :P

Just trying to decide on when to watch Brynhildr In The Darkness again ;)

Thanks! :), I love game of thrones, has he watched fringe?, I hear x files fans love it!

I just noticed brynhilder is releasing on blu ray in NZ soon!, thanks hanabee :)

• Like 1

Nope, he hasn't seen that one, but I will be sure to suggest it to him :)

It's out on Blu-ray and DVD over here in the UK released by Manga Entertainment and Animatsu on April 11th apparently, still far too far away yet for my liking and impatience though, hence why I bought it from America as soon as it was first released over there back in October of last year :P;)

• 3 weeks later...

Ooh, so this is from the same creator of Elfen Lied?

This is on my to-watch list. I realise the two have completely different plots, but which of the two titles do you prefer? :)

• Like 1

I personally prefer Brynhildr just that bit more in comparison to Elfen Lied :)

Whilst it's not as constantly graphically violent as Elfen Lied, I find that the storyline and characters are much more endearing, not to mention it's first opening theme is just brilliant as a musical score both in and of itself...I've re-watched this series 8 times so far & I never get bored of re-watching it :)

• Like 1

• 1 year later...

I FINALLY watched this...

Yes agree the first opening theme was beautiful, and had an AWESOME symphonic, electric mix...

Story was quite intriguing and Ryouta Murakami wasn't actually that bad of a protagonist! The mix of gore, ecchi, thriller action and supernatural sci-fi though was bizarre at first but thankfully the ecchi harem did tone itself down.

Neko Kuroha was really adorable.

The Sci-Fi plot regarding the background of the witches was endearing and I really enjoyed it... 

But... the ending?!

... that's it? It built a huge climax up (Evangelion style) in several locations, it set the scene up... then it became anti-climatic. I really wished this was two cour, to stretch it out more and either give the witches more development and the sci-fi more time to flesh out. So many unanswered questions!!

59f48c746a980_BrynhildrintheDarkness.thumb.jpg.a2687f62cad51b2481f0052d505b4408.jpg

• Geano locked this topic