Serial Experiments Lain. Let's talk about it.

Nono

3 minutes ago, Nono said:

Word. But at the same time, if everyone agreed on everything, we'd be like the above ground people on Texhnolyze, and that doesn't look fun.

And that wasn't a happy ending. Lol. 

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

I watched this and thought it was a great execution of directing and production. There is obviously a lot of philosophical discussion in the story and if you're not ready for it then it becomes a very boring watch. But if you do catch it, you realise that there are so many messages in between the lines and so many levels of depth. It's confusing at the begging because naturally you want the story to progress but eventually you realise there is a deliberate delay to allow the viewer to realise the true nature of the series. I believe the writer/s had a great idea and wanted to portray that in way that would not force conclusions of ideologies on the viewer.  So for me the very best thing about this anime is not just the writing but the unbelievably great directing and production which allowed the concept which the writer had to come out clearly to the viewer through a medium like video which restrains the opportunity of extended explanation unlike literature. There are very few series and movies in the entertainment section that manage to do this.

• Like 1