How Do You See Yourself?

Tefutakato

This question is very common especially when you think to yourself at random moments in life. Everyone sees themselves differently, it may be in a positive outlook or negative outlook. Whatever the outlook it may or may not define who you really are as an individual. 

Anyway from my perspective I see myself as a person who struggles with getting close to others because i have trust issues. And I just grew to not really trust in others since most people in my life have either lied to me or just used me these experiences where related to making friends. Indeed I did have legitimate friends who I loved dearly but somewhere down the line things broke apart the reason being I moved or I was just being anxious. When you move a lot it can take a toll on you as a kid because you start to believe that if you make a friend what good is it since you might end up leaving. Despite my flaws I do try to be as happy as can be even when I don’t feel like it. 

Happiness is a skill I think and like all skills you need to learn. I did have happy moments in life too. One being I made a very close friend via another forum. Although we don’t talk anymore from the looks of it I felt maybe it was time to move on. Another happy moment I had was when I attended an anime convention in a city far away from my own. I met other fans there to my surprise I found that anime fans are very nice and fun to be around. I had so much fun being around people who didn’t judge me for what’s I enjoyed and I felt 100% welcomed. 

Anyway I should end it here since i’m rambling. Question is how do you see yourself? Do the best you can when writing an answer. Hope my topic is okay for the forum.

• Like 1
  • Love it! (Daisuki) 1

3 hours ago, Tefutakato said:

This question is very common especially when you think to yourself at random moments in life. Everyone sees themselves differently, it may be in a positive outlook or negative outlook. Whatever the outlook it may or may not define who you really are as an individual. 

Anyway from my perspective I see myself as a person who struggles with getting close to others because i have trust issues. And I just grew to not really trust in others since most people in my life have either lied to me or just used me these experiences where related to making friends. Indeed I did have legitimate friends who I loved dearly but somewhere down the line things broke apart the reason being I moved or I was just being anxious. When you move a lot it can take a toll on you as a kid because you start to believe that if you make a friend what good is it since you might end up leaving. Despite my flaws I do try to be as happy as can be even when I don’t feel like it. 

Happiness is a skill I think and like all skills you need to learn. I did have happy moments in life too. One being I made a very close friend via another forum. Although we don’t talk anymore from the looks of it I felt maybe it was time to move on. Another happy moment I had was when I attended an anime convention in a city far away from my own. I met other fans there to my surprise I found that anime fans are very nice and fun to be around. I had so much fun being around people who didn’t judge me for what’s I enjoyed and I felt 100% welcomed. 

Anyway I should end it here since i’m rambling. Question is how do you see yourself? Do the best you can when writing an answer. Hope my topic is okay for the forum.

this topic is too sad, and as admin, i must shut it down, 

jokes~

but yea, lets see, i was actually thinking about this while bathing today to be honest, but yea

i see myself as someone whom would give a helping hand to someone in need (only those who REALLY need it tho'), while also being a cold-type person (atleast, that's how i always heard people say it), me being a "cold", or "inclement" as google would translate the words they use

but semi same on your problem too, minus the whole moving around, i generally observe my surroundings more, and talk allot less, (thus giving me less friends, and more alone time, if you know what i mean "winkwinknudgenudge") 

but its not couse im not a talkative-type of person, its just, i dont know how to engage in conversations, i don't really know much about recent things (e.g, movies, recent happenings in NEWS, etc), aside from meme's and game/anime/possible what i study, i really dont know how to say things >.>

theres also the fact that, if i say stuff, they might not get it (spoiler alert: when i say something that feels kind of easy to understand, classmates tend to look at me dumbfoundedly, as if my way of thinking is hard, when i only just gave them a summarization of what to do, like jebus man <.>)

also i have this wierd strange feeling, ill be laughed at off, if i do/say something stupid, which is why as much as possible, i avoid talking, unless theres already a conversation i know of, 

incidentally, i dont really, also mind that i dont have many friends, i have this firm belief that, a thousand fake friends, is nothing as compared to one real friend, you may be happy at that time being with a thousand friends, but the moment you hit a rut (like say money problems, real life issue, etc) those thousand friends of yours will be gone before i could even finish this sente---

meanwhile, that single true friend, will have your back, whether it be money real life problems and what not ^_^

but yea, not sure if i answered the thread, feels like i did, but i also semi didn't >.>

• Like 2
  • Agree 1

I'm right there with you, I didn't move around as a kid, but my parents were strict so I was rarely able to hang out with people outside of school. And that translated into me not even wanting to make friends. As I get older, I seem to get attached to people more easily, probably for that reason, so I usually avoid trying to meet new people, well guys anyways. I'm hoping to find that special girl.

• Like 1

I see myself as pretty nice and somebody that would help people the best way that I can, though I will not always take direct action because I am aware of my limits, and somebody that is pretty normal.

Of course, there are people that say there is more to me than that, but that sums things up.

As for making friends, it used to be really easy for me, but now that I know the importance of doubt and I do not always come off as a good person, it is kind of hard, because I want to know who a person is.

• Like 2
  • Friendly 1

On 9/26/2018 at 6:40 AM, Tefutakato said:

Happiness is a skill I think and like all skills you need to learn.

I'm afraid that's not something they teach in school though. Sadly ...

Anyhow, I see myself as a very closed off person. I don't talk that much and when I do I prefer to keep it very short and quick (Unless I'm talking about something that is important to me, then I could go on for hours if the person I'm talking with allows it, but this is usually on small topics. I never really divulge everything I'm thinking about because I don't think most people would understand it ... I've been told I'm "eccentric" but, honestly, I think they just meant crazy ...)

I mostly just stay to myself though and about 99.9% of my thoughts are never spoken about with others because I do ... well, I do have a problem with people. I struggle with (social) anxiety so talking with others is a big no-no for me and I have a terrible time just being around people in general.
I do have quite a few mental illnesses that effect my social skills and I'm absolutely terrible at interacting with others so I suppose I see myself as 'cut off', maybe? I don't really mind this though, in fact I prefer being alone, it's just easier.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

I see myself in a few different ways to be honest. I have been told I am one of those very smart people with low self esteem, and its pretty much true. I know full well that I learn fast, and have a strong kowledge of computers, tech, and science on well above the average level. Though with that said I do sometimes need reassurance, or I don't always believe in myself, or hold myself very high. I am of course getting better at handling this with new experiences, but its just one of those mental hurtles thats there, and rears its head on occasion. So in short I see myself honestly as a intelligent individual with slightly low self esteem.

• Like 3

A misunderstood monster, you will always be afraid of me without ever talking to me but if the only thing you have of me are my words (which are always on a computer screen) you will always fall in love with who I am, but once you must meet the monster who owns those words, you will resent your feelings towards me. 

This is pretty much how I see myself, not based off of my own pre assumptions but experience in general with everyone I've met...lol...

• Funny 1

1 hour ago, Hatsune_Werewolf said:

A misunderstood monster, you will always be afraid of me without ever talking to me but if the only thing you have of me are my words (which are always on a computer screen) you will always fall in love with who I am, but once you must meet the monster who owns those words, you will resent your feelings towards me. 

This is pretty much how I see myself, not based off of my own pre assumptions but experience in general with everyone I've met...lol...

Can we get an example? You've piqued my interest.

Oh - aah - ... ehm... The thing is that I feel like I transform into something partially new with every introspection, it's a never-ending transformation.
Here are the facts:

1. I am much more sensitive than it really looks like, to various emotions, but especially to strong ones, I'll explain in detail later.
  2. I think in ways that seem unnatural.
  3. I am dangerously sadistic and spiteful.
  4. I can be stubborn, but always remain open-minded.
  5. I dare say I live in some form of state of ataraxia (constant happiness, by the fact of "being" something).

Now, how do I interpret this?
I see myself as an unnatural thinking human being, due to the fact that barely a minuscule part of world-spread cultural/mental behaviours apply to me. I cannot let go of grudges easily, I have this conviction that a person does not deserve to be forgiven unless they mean to be forgiven, and make an effort to undo their damage, no matter how much time has passed since they committed whatever it is that's wrong to my eyes, so if I see this person has not changed their way of being, forgiveness is out of question. Therefore in that aspect, I am ruthless, and I accept that; not everyone deserves the same mercy.
Every time I'm confronting a new behaviour or a new culture, I genuinely try to understand its reasons, however, this does not mean I'm not going to reject this culture, if it has aspects I find wrong, I'll avoid having myself linked to it in any way, in other words, I mean to show myself as a person without notion of patriotism, or belonging to a place/culture, because of the fact I was born there. To me, that's a mistake.
As said, a small portion of my happiness comes from myself (I like how I am, I have consciousness over what I am, what I'm not, what I can be, what I can't be, what I can do, what I can't do...), so the rest of it comes from the happiness of my friends, their own state of being, their own problems, I consider them partially as my own and will always offer assistance to make them happy. 
All summarized in a single sentence: I don't live to be happy, I live to prevent those I find worthy from being unhappy.

• Like 2
  • Love it! (Daisuki) 1

• 2 months later...

Well for me i tend to make others happy before myself,i like to help others if i can but sadly when im down or sad i have no one to turn too.my bad side is i tend to blame myself too much like i end up saying sorry alot and overthink things ,and i push others away before  i get hurt by people i care.

• 2 weeks later...

I see myself as a beautiful, sexy, strong, happy, genuinely caring and virtually untouchable; I do not care about others opinions of me and simply do my best for myself. I always imagine myself as being a year older than I really am and I do not know why; I rarely ever see myself as weak or helpless. I do know full well that I am strange and am 100% aware of what impressions I give off when out on the town but isn't everyone a little strange? I mean when we are talking about people, the word normal just flies out the window; so yea, I just embrace myself and do what I want however I am no trouble maker, I do in fact respect and care for others. Despite my large amount of confidence however I can have a hard time complimenting or cheering someone up in real life face to face, I prefer to do so online and therefore this is something I am working on. 

I would have to say my happiness stems from life itself and the inhabitants thereof, nature for example. No matter where I am there is always beauty, there is beauty in trees, flowers, plants, even rusty metal; everything tells its own story if you are keen on listening. This is the world we live in yet most people are to blind to see the beauty surrounding them, this is the world God has given us; so yea, I am mostly happy and rarely get depressed and this is why. 

I can beat myself up about certain things though, such as mistakes I have made, failures to help people I try to help or failures to live up to my own expectations of myself; however every minute is a new minute and every day a new day, we have endless opportunities to achieve our goals and only ourselves standing in our way. 

Edited by SAO LILDOOP