scariest horror game you've ever played ?

XII360

2018-most-anticipated-horror-games.jpg.o

so yea, im somewhat of a horror-game fan, and i tend to enjoy playing horror games during night time, with lights turned off (just fyi guys, but that is not good for your eyes >:o) but yea, it tripples the horror/scare factor, so i do it anyways~

but yea, what are the horror-type-genre's you've played ?!, one's that have made you scream like a little girl, did that game contain very many cheap jumpscares ?, did it have a naturally good scary-vibe in it ?!

lets have a discussion and share some game titles~

who know's, i might not have played it yet, and im looking for some horror games to play~

for me, i've played Vampyr, silent hill series, fatal frame series, clock tower 3. haunting grounds, outlast series, etc

my favorite, being haunting grounds and fatal frame 2 so far

latest?cb=20090220093311fatalwii.jpg&client=amp-blogside-v2&sign(fatal frame, the twins)

i found the twins to be so attractive >.>

s128712b6e420c491a90c4b85df94ab7e.jpg(haunting grounds)

the dog did it in for me, 10/10, truely (wo)mans best friend

but what about you ?! what are your favorite horror games ?!, why do you like that horror game ?!, lets have a discussion, and scare the living sh*t outa ourselves~!

Edited by XII360
seriously tho', i need a new horror games to scare myself >.>

I too am a fan of horror games 

The absolute most terrifying one I ever played was Eternal Darkness: Sanity's Requiem. It played with my mind so bad I started believing...time to turn the lights back on!

Since then I played and finished Haunting Ground (like you), though I was more annoyed by the end of the villain's interruptions to chase you than anything else. Still enjoyed it.  I imagine you might not have had access to Rule of Rose (banned in Australia, maybe in Europe too). It too featured a canine companion but I actually felt more connected with him than Hewie (though Hewie definitely got the better name lol). That one horrified as opposed to terrorising. Kuon was also from that era and really did well with sudden frights. The limited respawns increased the difficulty and made you even more cautious. 

Until Dawn is really good too. Getting everyone to survive is difficult.  It excelled in suspense and atmosphere. 

I have many more but those stick out the best. Especially Eternal Darkness...

• Informative 1

3 hours ago, Beocat said:

I too am a fan of horror games 

The absolute most terrifying one I ever played was Eternal Darkness: Sanity's Requiem. It played with my mind so bad I started believing...time to turn the lights back on!

Since then I played and finished Haunting Ground (like you), though I was more annoyed by the end of the villain's interruptions to chase you than anything else. Still enjoyed it.  I imagine you might not have had access to Rule of Rose (banned in Australia, maybe in Europe too). It too featured a canine companion but I actually felt more connected with him than Hewie (though Hewie definitely got the better name lol). That one horrified as opposed to terrorising. Kuon was also from that era and really did well with sudden frights. The limited respawns increased the difficulty and made you even more cautious. 

Until Dawn is really good too. Getting everyone to survive is difficult.  It excelled in suspense and atmosphere. 

I have many more but those stick out the best. Especially Eternal Darkness...

I actually played rule of rose, but my disk was.lost halfway through while my mom was cleaning my room, and then i never managed to beat it >.> (cant beat, what you dont have after all)

Kuon, i tried too, but initially didnt really scare me as much, so i initially dropped it before

Until dawn..i already saw some vids from a youtuber, so its somewhat pointless for me to play it now (my favorite youtuber played it, and since i had bad pc at the time, i was like *eh might aswell watch it, not like ill be able to play it in the future*

oh how wrong i was >_>

For me the title goes to the silent hill series. I get startled easily by loud sounds jumping out at me. I can handle hack, and slash, blood, and cuts just fine. Though things jumping out around corners just freak me out.

• Agree 1

System Shock 2 and Fatal Frame 2 were both games the got under my skin. I never finished Silent Hill 2 but that game was all kinds of creepy. The S.T.A.L.K.E.R. games are creepy too, though they're more like FPS games with horror elements mixed in, the dark and eerie atmosphere in S.T.A.L.K.E.R. is incredibly hard to beat and some of the monsters in it just made me feel intimidated and uncomfortable, as good horror should.

Also surprised no one has mentioned Amnesia: The Dark Descent because it almost seems like an obligatory game to mention when it comes to horror.

7 hours ago, RepentantSky said:

Odd one, but I got really freaked out by Corpse Party Blood Drive. Something about being chased by former friends turned into scary enemies really got to me. 

corpse party didn't really scare me, it was interesting, thats for sure, but didn't make me scream or anything

sachi best girl tho'

• 1 month later...
3 hours ago, Kaga Koko said:

The two horror games i played are echo night and silent hill.

silent hill is honestly something I would rarely play since I hate being startled and that gane dose just that at just about any opportunity.

3 hours ago, ArchieKun said:

silent hill is honestly something I would rarely play since I hate being startled and that gane dose just that at just about any opportunity.

I wanted to play as well resident evil but i keep dying tends to be eaten so much by zombies lol.

30 minutes ago, Kaga Koko said:

I wanted to play as well resident evil but i keep dying tends to be eaten so much by zombies lol. 

They are making a remake for resident evil 2 for 2019 on the PS4. It honestly looks pretty damn cool. I loved the retro ones despite them being a little clunky.

13 minutes ago, ArchieKun said:

They are making a remake for resident evil 2 for 2019 on the PS4. It honestly looks pretty damn cool. I loved the retro ones despite them being a little clunky.

I forgot to add this game parasite eve my older brother is more of a re fan than i am.

3 minutes ago, Kaga Koko said:

I forgot to add this game parasite eve my older brother is more of a re fan than i am.

Makes sense there. I am a fan more of things like anime horror games like Corps Party myself. I certainly suggest it.

• Agree 1

• 2 weeks later...

Corpse Party and Book of Shadows for sure.  I had always liked dark things, but going through these ultimately led me to fully realize my love of horror.  Although, I didn't actually play them, I watched them get played on Youtube.

I'm going to play them though, and then I'm going to play Blood Drive, which I haven't played or watched at all.  I own them all now :D.  Just waiting until I'm in the right mood.

When I was a kid one of my favorite games was Breath of Fire 2 for SNES.  That game was very dark and actually I thought some parts were scary or disturbing.  Not a horror game though, just a standard RPG.  I wonder if it planted a seed though, so to speak.  

Edited by Steerminator
  • Like 1

38 minutes ago, Steerminator said:

Corpse Party and Book of Shadows for sure.  I had always liked dark things, but going through these ultimately led me to fully realize my love of horror.  Although, I didn't actually play them, I watched them get played on Youtube.

I'm going to play them though, and then I'm going to play Blood Drive, which I haven't played or watched at all.  I own them all now :D.  Just waiting until I'm in the right mood.

When I was a kid one of my favorite games was Breath of Fire 2 for SNES.  That game was very dark and actually I thought some parts were scary or disturbing.  Not a horror game though, just a standard RPG.  I wonder if it planted a seed though, so to speak.  

Oh yes yes Corps Party. I love all of them in the series. Book of Shadows is amazing, and definitely had me at the edge of seat a good portion of the way through the story. Imwon't be spoiling anything though for anyone reading this. Its worth saying for the first time as I am sure you know from playing.

On 9/28/2018 at 9:46 PM, SAO LILDOOP said:

Res evil 3: Nemesis for PS1, lol, seriously though. 

My heart rate goes up whenever Nemesis appears out of nowhere. Then I panic and start running into walls trying to escape. haha

As some people mentioned, Fatal Frame series.

It was scary because you weren't a strong hero. You basically had a camera. No guns or super powers. And you were up against ghosts that are way more powerful.

• Agree 1