Guilty Pleasures in Gaming

Geano

So its in the title what is everyone's guilty pleasures when it comes to video games. This could be taking a liking to a series, or title most people look down upon, or playing a game a certain way etc. Lets all talk about our guilty pleasures no judging here just honesty ok. :)

For my I would have to say my biggest guilty pleasure in terms of games is that I love love love retro gaming way to much. Not that I don't like newer titles I love those too to be sure. Though I spend a lot of my time gaming playing things like Persona 3, and 4 as well as Paper Mario, the old Pokemon games on GBA, and things like that. I just cannot break out of it why just the other day I loaded up Banjo Tooie just because I wanted to when there was plenty to play on steam.

Well...no judging!

Used to when I played The Sims I would entrap and torture annoying neighbors and watch them slowly die. These days, I make characters with certain goals, like maxing out kids as a single mom all fathered by different men (somehow her naughty reputation has yet to catch up to her) or by authoring novels with hilarious names. The Sims gives me an outlet for my wicked side that I bury most of the time. 

These days, I play it infrequently. My laptop it is installed in has to be repaired frequently as the hard drive is going bad.

With most games, I play them right (and often in a paragon manner). The Sims just brings out the worst in me lol...I guess it gives me a "fiendishly delighted" emote for a few hours LOL!

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

I love when I kill someone from the opposing team against us in multiplayer in Halo or COD or Overwatch in the unluckiest way possible that I shouldn't have gotten away with such a kill for my stupidity. And then teabag them out of spite to be honest that's truthfully cold blooded I know but too damn funny honestly. 🤣

• Winner 1

4 hours ago, Sassy said:

I love when I kill someone from the opposing team against us in multiplayer in Halo or COD or Overwatch in the unluckiest way possible that I shouldn't have gotten away with such a kill for my stupidity. And then teabag them out of spite to be honest that's truthfully cold blooded I know but too damn funny honestly. 🤣

I can totally see how satisfying that can be even more so if they have been giving you a lot of trouble.

12 hours ago, ArchieKun said:

I can totally see how satisfying that can be even more so if they have been giving you a lot of trouble.

The worse case is when they do that to you and it becomes an all out teabag war of death haha

8 hours ago, Sassy said:

The worse case is when they do that to you and it becomes an all out teabag war of death haha

No kidding, but it can honestly be rather fun if the mod calls for it.

3 minutes ago, efaardvark said:

Then someone else logs in and is like, wtf??  :D 

wtf indeed thats just taking it to the next level.

• Agree 1

Side-scrolling beat-em-ups like Final Fight & Double Dragon. Other memorables: Konami's licensed properties (TMNT, X-Men, The Simpsons), Crime Fighters & Battletoads Arcade Game (which incorporated low-blows into your move repertoire) Capcom's The Punisher, Streets of Rage 2, Sega Saturn's Guardian Heroes. And of course the grand-daddy of them all (though most people are probably more familiar with the NES version).

Edited by Ohiotaku

• 1 month later...
On 10/2/2018 at 9:01 AM, Beocat said:

Used to when I played The Sims I would entrap and torture annoying neighbors and watch them slowly die. These days, I make characters with certain goals, like maxing out kids as a single mom all fathered by different men (somehow her naughty reputation has yet to catch up to her) or by authoring novels with hilarious names. The Sims gives me an outlet for my wicked side that I bury most of the time. 

Damn...... I don't know what to say..... haha (kidding)

For me I enjoy playing a sports game like NBA 2k but I don't really play. I don't control a team. Instead I let 2 CPU controlled teams play against each other and I just watch. My friends would say, What are you doing? If you don't want to play and just wanna watch, go watch real basketball. Watch some NBA on TV.