do you drink Alcohols ?

XII360

beer-750.jpg?auto=compress,format,&crop=

so yea, posted this couse, today was our MT-day, and, obviously, there was no alcohol in the event, but after the event, once i reached home, our prof, posted pics and i saw beer in the table, so im gonna assume they are having the time of their lives

but nonetheless~ that is besides the point~!, the question of the thread is simple: do you drink alcohol ? (be it wine, beer, liquor, etc. etc..)

and if so, what do you feel after drinking them ?, does it really make you so happy, that you forget all problems and such ?

im 21, but i never drank any beer (besides an accident, where i thought the bottle was water, and i just gulped it down, tasted bad tho', it was wine though, incase anyone wonders ;o)

id also probably never drink any type of alcohol (unless its alcohol free..sooo not alcohol >.>), my father thought me that "if you drink any beer, i will cut that tongue out of you", when i was a kid, and that probably thought me to not drink, or smoke, after all he did also say "dont you dare do anything that i've not done, dont go ahead of me in life"  

or atleast thats how it would sound like in english ?

but yea, TLDR: i dont drink alcohol, and would rather drink milk like a boss, or tea, tea's fine too

but what about you ?!!?, would you drink alcohol ?, if so, does it really make you feel better/forget of the events you want to forget ?, if not, why not ?

as usual, lets have a discussion below and have fun~!~!~!

• Like 1
  • Winner 1

I do not drink alcohol no.

I was raised Mormon, and still considered a member of that church, though I stopped going because of how few people were there that did not come off as cult members, and was taught to never have alcohol.

However, now that I have medical issues, alcohol poses an even greater problem to me than just having to deal with hangovers, brain damage, liver damage, etc.

• Like 2

I do drink yes, but rarely mostly when I go out to eat, or at cons, or festivals. I do know how to make quite a few adult only mixed drinks though as I went through a period when I did drink a bit more. So I learned quite a bit during that time. Mixed drinks are my favorite preferably the juice based ones over the soda based as well.

• Like 1
  • Informative 1

1 hour ago, brycec said:

I do not drink alcohol no.

I was raised Mormon, and still considered a member of that church, though I stopped going because of how few people were there that did not come off as cult members, and was taught to never have alcohol.

However, now that I have medical issues, alcohol poses an even greater problem to me than just having to deal with hangovers, brain damage, liver damage, etc.

incidentally, my professor told me this, alcohol is actually good for your health, as it promotes better sleep and what not

that is, if you take it moderately/correctly

but yea, other symptoms that can happened are hangovers, and liver damage, im not 100% sure on brain damage part, but most common is damage on thy liver-eth

39 minutes ago, XII360 said:

incidentally, my professor told me this, alcohol is actually good for your health, as it promotes better sleep and what not

that is, if you take it moderately/correctly

but yea, other symptoms that can happened are hangovers, and liver damage, im not 100% sure on brain damage part, but most common is damage on thy liver-eth

If you want to get really technical, Mormons are allowed to drink alcohol, though that does not change the fact that I have medical issues that would become worse if I drank alcohol. The idea that alcohol must be avoided is more of a recent idea, according to Alan Rock Waterman, a well-known person who was excommunicated, but still considers himself to be Mormon.

To get a good, though extremely long explanation of things, I suggest reading Alan’s blog post.

As for the brain damage, we are taught in schools here that alcohol kills brain cells, and that is where my remark of brain damage comes into play.

Edited by brycec
  • Informative 1

As I have stated in posts discussing a similar subject, not really... I avoid having any sort of alcohol in my body. I did use to drink cider 3-4 times a year, but I also stopped that after I got very slightly dizzy from it.

I also avoid it because of how it can be misused/abused. I wouldn't like to be in a situation where someone offers me a drink with alcohol, since they might call me "weak" or "kid", when I'm really just trying to have fun without losing any bit of my mental capabilties.

• Like 1

When I`m at a club or a party which I usually don`t go often to but lets say 10-20 times a year - which is seldom if compared to other people of my age group.

I do like to drink beer though. While I don`t drink alone, I always have some beer in my cellar to drink if a visitor or friend were to show up. And when I`m out eating and don`t have to drive I enjoy one or two beer - although, both cases are pretty rare too...

• Informative 1

The last time I had any type of alcohol, I was in 17 in high school. I've been clean and sober for 11+ years and plan on keeping it that way. I stopped drinking for two main reasons. The first, hangovers, I hated them. The second reason, at some point I realized that my body was healthy, and I just didn't want to do anything to change that. 

As far as taking your pain and/or problems away, it depends. Alcohol is a downer and depending on where you're drinking, or who you're drinking with, being under the influence will actually make you "feel" more of what's ailing you.

Just say No, lol.

• Agree 2

7 hours ago, Nono said:

The last time I had any type of alcohol, I was in 17 in high school. I've been clean and sober for 11+ years and plan on keeping it that way. I stopped drinking for two main reasons. The first, hangovers, I hated them. The second reason, at some point I realized that my body was healthy, and I just didn't want to do anything to change that. 

As far as taking your pain and/or problems away, it depends. Alcohol is a downer and depending on where you're drinking, or who you're drinking with, being under the influence will actually make you "feel" more of what's ailing you.

Just say No, lol.

You do well, keep it that way.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, kar256 said:

Not only do I drink it. I make it. Wine/brandy and moonshine.

ah, fermentation, i bet ?, we were thought of the process of making alcohols, but i really have no interest in alcohol, feels too much ass, my passion is on other else~

sides', feels wierd if i made them, when i dont even drink them

10 hours ago, Nono said:

Just say No, lol.

refer to roxeg-senpai's post

3 hours ago, Roxeg said:

You do well, keep it that way.

"thumbs up"

• Agree 1

As for alcohol and neurons, your brain does not fully mature until your mid20s. That means neural connections are still being made and altered. Alcohol and other drugs can interfere and inhibit or misdirect those connections so while you wouldn't have brain damage from it, neurologically, you will likely never reach your potential. Most real neuronal death will come from a lack of oxygen supplying the tissues (from depressed breathing or asphyxiation on your vomit).

As for me, I am in the lucky few that don't get hangovers, ever. I enjoy dry red wine and I mix my own drink and cocktails at home (I have a veritable liquor store supply at my home.). I do shots of liquor or shooters at home. Occasionally I order a mixed drink when out or a margarita at Longhorns (both the strawberry and watermelon ones are really good). I like a glass of gin or southern comfort after a long day at work. I don't drink beer (even when I visited Germany I didn't)...unless it is the "root" beer variety in a float ;). I have always wanted to try grog and mead.  

These days I rarely drink. The older you get the more weight a little bit of alcohol will add to your hips. It is more a at most monthly pastime as opposed to weekly. I do understand why some people drink to forget and I don't judge them for it. Rather I feel I should be grateful that I am not in their shoes. Different people have tolerances for only so much grief.

• Informative 1

For when I was younger, I did drink some what. Now I'm sort of calming down with my drinking. If I did ever drink, I'd drink wine at some fancy restaurant or when I on some type of date and a romantic setting. I'm not much of a drinker to be honest. When I was younger though, looking back I was sort of silly and simply just being young. I don't think I want to be drinking all the time, because I love to be active and I try to maintain a healthy diet.

So I'm not much of a person to be drinking all the time. Wine is probably the only thing I'll be drinking, from what I stated up above. Date's are always lovely, especially when I'm at a safe environment and I know the guy extremely well. There's nothing wrong with mix drinks every once in awhile, I think I'd only drink them during the summer and on summer vacation. So I think it depends on the person, how much they can handle and if it suits them or not. :) 

• Informative 1

I don't think it is a good idea to put toxic substances in my body, even for recreational purposes.  Part of it is my dad.  He smoked, drank, and ultimately died of throat cancer.  Good example of what NOT to do.  I've also seen some of my friends really screw up their lives with various drugs, including alcohol.  Even before all of those examples however I wasn't big on drinking.  Yeah, when I was young and stupid I did experiment a bunch.  Pretty quickly though I decided that things like drinking, especially to excess, are just not a good idea.  It isn't like I never drink, and I never liked the people who say that those who drink are bad people just because they drink*, but to me alcohol is just like tobacco, mj, and all the other drugs.  Just not worth it.  Not worth the risk.  Not worth the expense.  Not worth the wasted** time, both the high-time and the recovery time.  I have better things to do with my life.

(*though you might be a bad person if you do bad things while drunk or on drugs and, knowing that, don't stop drinking/doing drugs.)

(**no pun intended  :D )

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, efaardvark said:

I don't think it is a good idea to put toxic substances in my body, even for recreational purposes.  Part of it is my dad.  He smoked, drank, and ultimately died of throat cancer.  Good example of what NOT to do.  I've also seen some of my friends really screw up their lives with various drugs, including alcohol.  Even before all of those examples however I wasn't big on drinking.  Yeah, when I was young and stupid I did experiment a bunch.  Pretty quickly though I decided that things like drinking, especially to excess, are just not a good idea.  It isn't like I never drink, and I never liked the people who say that those who drink are bad people just because they drink*, but to me alcohol is just like tobacco, mj, and all the other drugs.  Just not worth it.  Not worth the risk.  Not worth the expense.  Not worth the wasted** time, both the high-time and the recovery time.  I have better things to do with my life.

(*though you might be a bad person if you do bad things while drunk or on drugs and, knowing that, don't stop drinking/doing drugs.)

(**no pun intended  :D )

Sorry to hear that... Such substances really make one act so primitive and stupidly...

Actually, real primitive behaviour might be less harmful than the one of a drunk person.

I do and I enjoy it (beer in particular), just got to be careful not to get carried away by it and end up doing a session of binge drinking.

I used to be a heavy drinker years ago (during my middle school/high school years. After turning 21, it just wasn't fun anymore. Maybe it's because I'm burnt out on the stuff or maybe it's because I've grown up; I'm not entirely sure. All I know is, it doesn't interest me much. I do have a glass of wine from time to time but even then it's very rare. I have too much to focus on and things that need to be done that I don't even have the time to drink either.

On 10/1/2018 at 11:15 PM, RubberJohnny said:

I do and I enjoy it (beer in particular), just got to be careful not to get carried away by it and end up doing a session of binge drinking.

I understand your love of beer I drank way to much of it in the past though. Plus I am personally more of a liquor fan. With that said however I do like Reds, and angry orchard cider beers, and of course Mike's Hard.

On 10/2/2018 at 6:45 PM, IntoMyWorld said:

I no longer drink. I got very sick off Whiskey once and I'm not going back there ever. It's just simply not worth it.

I like Whiskey yet these days rarely drink it. At best once, or twice a year. What was your favorite when you did drink it.

16 hours ago, ArchieKun said:

I understand your love of beer I drank way to much of it in the past though. Plus I am personally more of a liquor fan. With that said however I do like Reds, and angry orchard cider beers, and of course Mike's Hard.

I like Whiskey yet these days rarely drink it. At best once, or twice a year. What was your favorite when you did drink it.

Even thinking about it makes me sick. 

But I loved Wild Moose Whiskey and Dry mix.

And when I had pure it was "Grants" Scotch whiskey.

I do occasionally, but it's still rare. Last drink I had was in June. I had a margarita. Since I'm back home in general, it's even more rare that I drink anything since I have to drive everywhere.

Lol "alcohols".

Yes, yes I do. In fact, I'm always the bartender at me and my husband's house parties we host. I make the best drinks. My favourites are liquors, with whiskey being my top pick. Wine is wonderful of course, and it's certainly on my list. But don't think I'm above beer! Though I'm a bit of an import snob, and love Heiniken and my Japanese beer, Sapporo and Kirin Ichiban. And of course, we can't forget Sake. I love it hot the best.

• Winner 1

6 hours ago, King Blanketfort said:

Lol "alcohols".

Yes, yes I do. In fact, I'm always the bartender at me and my husband's house parties we host. I make the best drinks. My favourites are liquors, with whiskey being my top pick. Wine is wonderful of course, and it's certainly on my list. But don't think I'm above beer! Though I'm a bit of an import snob, and love Heiniken and my Japanese beer, Sapporo and Kirin Ichiban. And of course, we can't forget Sake. I love it hot the best.

liquors are the best too in my opinion like sunrises, and my-ties etc. I also love absolute lemonade too. Do you prefer the soda based mixed drinks, or the juice ones. For me it is defiantly the juice types.

I accidentally drank champagne one, back when I was about 16 or so. I was at this conference/party at London where I was sort of a volunteer. The conference was four days long, and when it was finally over we volunteers all celebrated in the back room with leftover champagne bottles and a red velvet cake that we all pitched in for. The guy (his name was Nathan or something like that) poured everyone a glass of champagne and I assumed that it was just some kind of apple juice or something (how idiotic) and drank it. I was so dumb that I didn't notice the fizz at the top or that the color was actually lighter than that of apple juice.

Let me tell you, that was not exactly the worst thing I had drunk in my entire life.

The champagne was actually really sweet, and tasted something like soda. I actually expected it to be sour and bitter and allover unpleasant, but it was not that bad after all. It was actually a bit okay.

I never, ever again drank something without asking what it was.

18 hours ago, ArchieKun said:

liquors are the best too in my opinion like sunrises, and my-ties etc. I also love absolute lemonade too. Do you prefer the soda based mixed drinks, or the juice ones. For me it is defiantly the juice types.

I don't really mix my liquor. I like straight whiskey, bourbon etc. However, when the mood strikes me, my favourite is a BlackJack. It's Jack Daniel's whiskey with cranberry juice. Super good. So I suppose that does make me more on the "juice" side. I like the tang juice adds with the alcohol. The few times I'll mix soda and liquor is usually when I use Vodka. But, to me, soda waters down the liquor too much, I dunno. 

• Like 1