Good fight anime.

Draqonic

Howdy !

I recently made a post talking about me looking for a Anime involving twins as main characters. i've had quite a few responds and i did find some cool anime in there , so i want to thank you all for that! Now, i'm looking for something different  ( hahaha i'm always on the search for new anime to watch when i'm bored. ) So i'm looking for an anime close to Tokyo Ghoul. I loved it so much , i could literally watch all the seasons over and over again , the fighting was just so GOOD! And the story behind it , and the adventure they go through. Did i already mention the FIGHTING? Oh gosh i loved it so much ! The characters were so badass , oh well i could write a whole book about why it's a good anime. But let me know if there is something similar out there that i haven't watched yet.

Thank you !

• Like 1

Well mah dood, I'ma recommend some anime with some great action, but unfortunately they probably won't be like Tokyo Ghoul.

Fantastic fights for sure, so expect that. TG's fights were rather unimpressive to me, not gonna lie ;D

So first up, Yozakura Quartet. It has a special order to watch it in though, but it will NOT disappoint.

How to watch: Yozakura Quartet

Completely skip the original Yozakura Quartet - https://myanimelist.net/anime/4548/Yozakura_Quartet
Start with Yozakura Quartet: Hana no Uta - https://myanimelist.net/anime/18497/Yozakura_Quartet__Hana_no_Uta (Watch episodes 1-8)
Next complete Yozakura Quartet: Hoshi no Umi - https://myanimelist.net/anime/8457/Yozakura_Quartet__Hoshi_no_Umi
Then go back and finish Yozakura Quartet: Hana no Uta
After that, complete Yozakura Quartet: Tsuki ni Naku - https://myanimelist.net/anime/18499/Yozakura_Quartet__Tsuki_ni_Naku

You'll be treated to cool stuff like this: 

Next up is Senki Zesshou Symphogear

4 seasons of sheer ridiculous over-the-top awesome. What it lacks in story it more than makes up for in just how COOL it is, and it keeps that quality going on an uphill trend across all 4 seasons. You'll get cool things like this: 

Third up is Katanagatari. Top notch animation all around though, as seen here: https://www.sakugabooru.com/data/c1494c93f954846deb84e3ff6e0e63e9.webm

Edited by awesomedude20

So, fighting anime with fights similar to TG ... Have only scene the first season when it came out but if memory serves, these few that I know are similar:

The Fate series

Dead Man Wonderland

Kill La Kill (I think the fights can be somewhat compared?)

Bungou Stray Dogs

Black Rock Shooter

Just some fighting anime;

Katanagatari (though it is heavy on dialogue)

Berserk (the 90s anime... Not that 2016 abomination. And it's pretty gore-y)

Drifters

Junketsu no Maria (a very realistic approach to medieval fighting - at least for anime)

• Like 1

We've not seen Tokyo Ghoul, but we can certainly give you some shows with cool fights.

Houseki no Kuni is an anime about sentient, androgynous gemstones fighting moon people because they don't want to be turned into jewellery. It was done using CGI, but it looks really damn good, better than a lot of hand drawn anime. Here's an example fight.

2 hours ago, leinwandname said:

Junketsu no Maria (a very realistic approach to medieval fighting - at least for anime)

This one was really realistic for fiction in general actually, not just for anime. Even live action stuff isn't that accurate. They used proper formations and barricading, and had genuinely appropriate armour, helmets and arms. Even side arms. Barely anyone was using a sword, and instead they all used polearms, before switching to a dagger and buckler in close quarters, or maybe a flanged mace. It was really well done.

Baccano! is probably our favourite action anime, just because of the unlimited supply of cool that it has. It's set in the 1920s, and is about two mafia groups, a street gang, some thieves, a monster, and some immortals all trying to attack the same train at the same time.

If you're one for sword fights, the absolute best fights you can get are in a movie called Sword of the Stranger, which is about a nameless samurai who is hired by a young boy. It looks unbelievably good.

3 hours ago, leinwandname said:

This was really realistic for fiction in general actually. Even live action stuff isn't that accurate. They used proper formations and barricading, and had appropriate armour, helmets, and arms. Even side arms. No one was using swords, and instead used polearms, before switching to a dagger and buckler in close quarters, or maybe a flanged mace. It was really well done.

• Useful 1

21 hours ago, the_twig said:

This was really realistic for fiction in general actually. Even live action stuff isn't that accurate. They used proper formations and barricading, and had appropriate armour, helmets, and arms. Even side arms. No one was using swords, and instead used polearms, before switching to a dagger and buckler in close quarters, or maybe a flanged mace. It was really well done. 

And the choreography (weird when talking about animation) was also really well done with historical techniques. (funnily enough, I found the anime through the video of a youtuber who practices HEMA and analyzed a fight scene of the anime) Granted, one could nitpick and question if characters in that place at that time could know certain techniques but that be, well, nitpicking. Too bad the characters in the anime seemed kinda bland...