Do you guys ever feel comfortable explaining why you read or watch ecchi?

CuteeXoXo

My friends always make fun of me for watching or reading ecchi animes and mangas. I understand it has a lot of nudity but there are other films that also has lots of nudity but they are approved by society. Like Prison School is so funny but its hard to explain it to my friends without them judging.

I was reminded of this when I saw this article https://www.buzzfeed.com/mmyatthu/ten-animes-your-friends-claim-they-watch-for-the-3m9hi

How do you guys explain it to family and friends that it's not just some lewd show your watching for the tits and ass, but also for the story? 

11 minutes ago, CuteeXoXo said:

My friends always make fun of me for watching or reading ecchi animes and mangas. I understand it has a lot of nudity but there are other films that also has lots of nudity but they are approved by society. Like Prison School is so funny but its hard to explain it to my friends without them judging.

I was reminded of this when I saw this article https://www.buzzfeed.com/mmyatthu/ten-animes-your-friends-claim-they-watch-for-the-3m9hi

How do you guys explain it to family and friends that it's not just some lewd show your watching for the tits and ass, but also for the story? 

I mean, for me, it doesnt really bother me much, unless its explaining it to a blood relative,  which wont really happened as i have no laifu

As for friends or classmates, well, cant explain it to them, if i dont exactly share them, though id probably feel nothing explaining it to them and say *we all have our tastes, i wont judge your taste in life, dont bother judging my taste in lolis

lewd anime ^_^

Also, i think you meant on title, *uncomfortable* o_o

• Agree 1
  • Love it! (Daisuki) 1

I'm pretty lucky because I just happen to have friends who are open-minded or also happen to be into it.

As for relatives walking in on me watching something like Prison School or walking in on a scene that has fan service... Pretty much the same answer, they don't care.

Edited by Guest

2 hours ago, RubberJohnny said:

I'm pretty lucky because I just happen to have friends who are open-minded or also happen to be into it.

As for relatives walking in on me watching something like Prison School or walking in on a scene that has fan service... Pretty much the same answer, they don't care.

Wow you are lucky hahaha. 

Personalty I have never had a issue with it even talked about it with my old boss from time to time. She was in her 60s mind you. I think its all in how you start that sort of convo though nay have helped that I never started the convos regarding it mostly just was ok answering questions about it, or explaining why I liked it.

• Like 1

My experience is that no matter what people will have their judgments no matter what.  (being a nsfw artist)  Everyone tends to have their thoughts and opinions about you as a human being. Either way, just keep living the life that you enjoy friend.  No one should take what you enjoy in your free time away from you through guilt or embarrassment. 

• Like 1
  • Agree 1
  • Love it! (Daisuki) 1

20 hours ago, ArchieKun said:

Personalty I have never had a issue with it even talked about it with my old boss from time to time. She was in her 60s mind you. I think its all in how you start that sort of convo though nay have helped that I never started the convos regarding it mostly just was ok answering questions about it, or explaining why I liked it.

Yeah, for me they usually come with a preconceived idea of what the anime is about... 

6 hours ago, FinDee said:

My experience is that no matter what people will have their judgments no matter what.  (being a nsfw artist)  Everyone tends to have their thoughts and opinions about you as a human being. Either way, just keep living the life that you enjoy friend.  No one should take what you enjoy in your free time away from you through guilt or embarrassment. 

That is very encouraging :). Thank you for such kind words!

Is there anything you have done that I might have seen before? 

4 hours ago, CuteeXoXo said:

Is there anything you have done that I might have seen before? 

I'd be surprised.  I'm not a very well known artist.  I mostly do pin up comission works and have done a few comic panels here and there. 

On my case, I never had to explain why I watch ecchi animes to anyone before and even if I will had that experience I don't think it's worth explaining why I watch ecchi. I watch ecchi because I like ecchi. I think the fact that I watch anime alone and my parents don't usually come barging in at my room is probably the main reason why I didn't have that kind of experience of explaining about ecchi animes. At the end of the day, you don't owe anyone any explanations. Just do your thing *takes a bite of my pudding*