Anime and Otaku Rap Music

I have been an avid listener of Anime and Otaku Rap music for about 6 years now. For those who do not know the genre, Anime Rap music is Rap music about or inspired by 1 or 2 Anime. Otaku Rap music is Rap music inspired by Anime and Otaku Culture. Has anyone ever heard any songs from the genre? My favorite artists currently is Chaos Network, Otaku Rapper of Chicago and his team, Team Otaku TrendSetters. I have found out about many Anime from his music and have become very empowered by listening because his music was created perssonally for Otaku and Anime fans and it makes me proud to be one. Here is his music incase you guys want to listen. 

Crossing the Fields

Anime Otaku Drill Vol. 1

Edited by Hikari Tereru Marshall
Removed links, and video. They contained inappropriate language.

Had to remove links, and the video as it contained inappropriate language. Also moved to anime section.

As farr as the subject matter. I have listened to some otaku rap before. Much like regular rap it is not my favorite, but can be good sometimes if the mood is right.

I've never kistened to rappers who do only anime rap, but there are some who either reference anime regularly or make a few songs about anime.

Some rappers of the Midnight Society for example, most notably Original God, some songs of Kamiyada, and Auxxking. But from the Midnight Society, OG is the one who does the most only-anime rap songs, also he raps some parts in japanese sometimes. (F.e. Anime DVDs, House Of Terror or Kizumonogatari) They also often use game/anime soundtracks as samples for their songs (OG has one song were he uses the sample of a nightcore song for his metal song, or for one song he uses the scream of a girl from what I think is a hentai as sample >.< Weir, but definitely creative) but most of their songs are very agressive, so if you don't like that...

Then there's Maxxkii who probably is more of an otaku rapper with songs like Obito's Pain, or Kid Goku.

Then there's Okaminokami, who does a few anime themed songs here and there, and Scarlxrd often takes the voices of anime clips for the intro of a song or puts them before his the last part (like in 'King, Scar' or 'fxour/AM') but he's overall a scream rappers with a punk and metal background with very agressive songs who references anime here and there, so if you don't like that...

XavierWolf has, If I remember correctly, several songs about anime, mostly about Inital D.

I'm definitely going to check out the ones you mentioned!

• Like 1
  • Awesome (Sugoi) 1

35 minutes ago, leinwandname said:

I've never kistened to rappers who do only anime rap, but there are some who either reference anime regularly or make a few songs about anime.

Some rappers of the Midnight Society for example, most notably Original God, some songs of Kamiyada, and Auxxking. But from the Midnight Society, OG is the one who does the most only-anime rap songs, also he raps some parts in japanese sometimes. (F.e. Anime DVDs, House Of Terror or Kizumonogatari) They also often use game/anime soundtracks as samples for their songs (OG has one song were he uses the sample of a nightcore song for his metal song, or for one song he uses the scream of a girl from what I think is a hentai as sample >.< Weir, but definitely creative) but most of their songs are very agressive, so if you don't like that...

Then there's Maxxkii who probably is more of an otaku rapper with songs like Obito's Pain, or Kid Goku.

Then there's Okaminokami, who does a few anime themed songs here and there, and Scarlxrd often takes the voices of anime clips for the intro of a song or puts them before his the last part (like in 'King, Scar' or 'fxour/AM') but he's overall a scream rappers with a punk and metal background with very agressive songs who references anime here and there, so if you don't like that...

XavierWolf has, If I remember correctly, several songs about anime, mostly about Inital D.

I'm definitely going to check out the ones you mentioned!

I've listened to a few songs by Maxxkii. How long has he been producing music. Honestly the only Japanese rap of any form that I heard apart from Maxxkii is a ending in the Sonic X anime. Though I'd like to know more about it.

• Awesome (Sugoi) 1

On 10/6/2018 at 2:20 AM, ArchieKun said:

Had to remove links, and the video as it contained inappropriate language. Also moved to anime section.

As farr as the subject matter. I have listened to some otaku rap before. Much like regular rap it is not my favorite, but can be good sometimes if the mood is right.

Sorry about that. There are clean versions of those songs. Is it alright to link them for the others?

You can link them if they are clean (in language) and you are intending to talk about them.  Generally, linking to advertise a youtube channel or linking inappropriate content would be prohibited.  I think since you are talking about them, you shouldn't have an issue.  Link away!  Though you might want to only link one or two at first to focus the discussion.

3 hours ago, Hikari Tereru Marshall said:

Sorry about that. There are clean versions of those songs. Is it alright to link them for the others?

Its all good I did not think your intent was to break any rules on purpose so thats why I just removed them. :) I look forward to whatever songs you swap them with long as they are clean :)

2 hours ago, Beocat said:

You can link them if they are clean (in language) and you are intending to talk about them.  Generally, linking to advertise a youtube channel or linking inappropriate content would be prohibited.  I think since you are talking about them, you shouldn't have an issue.  Link away!  Though you might want to only link one or two at first to focus the discussion.

Yeah I wanted to talk to the rest of the community about it. I feel it is crazy how this genre is for us but we do not know of it. 

On 10/7/2018 at 8:03 PM, Hikari Tereru Marshall said:

Yeah I wanted to talk to the rest of the community about it. I feel it is crazy how this genre is for us but we do not know of it. 

I certainly is interesting music to be sure. I am not much into Rap even American perhaps especially American, but I did do a bit of digging, and like Jpop, and Kpop this genre is actually quite popular from what I've found.